RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Penn State/Portland update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PSUAlum

PostPosted: 09/28/06 11:09 am    ::: Penn State/Portland update Reply Reply with quote

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/15625531.htm

At first I was angry that Penn State was picking up Portland's legal costs -- or at least the insurance was. However, after realizing this is Penn State policy to cover legal costs for all employees.

Anyone else find the irony in Penn State following policy in covering legal cost but Rene not following Penn State harassment policy?

shock6666

PostPosted: 09/29/06 6:49 pm    ::: Re: Penn State/Portland update Reply Reply with quote

PSUAlum wrote:

At first I was angry that Penn State was picking up Portland's legal costs -- or at least the insurance was. However, after realizing this is Penn State policy to cover legal costs for all employees.

Anyone else find the irony in Penn State following policy in covering legal cost but Rene not following Penn State harassment policy?

Thanks for the update. Heck, it still makes me angry, even though they do it for all their employees. I'd think there would have to be some kind of an out for PSU in a case like this - where an employee violates a U policy and then gets sued because of it, the U is off the hook to pay.
Based on PSU's actions so far, I'm guessing they'd want to pay and support Rene.....just a hunch...

What I did find interesting was this:
u Two California-based lawyers have joined the National Center for Lesbian Rights in helping to represent Harris. They are Linda M. Dardarian and Jessica Beckett-McWalter, both of the firm Goldstein, Demchak, Baller, Borgen and Dardarian, of Oakland, Calif.
Dardarian and Beckett-McWalter could not be reached, but the firm describes itself as a class-action and civil-rights group.

Ya think maybe they're going to round up all the other individuals that have been wronged and go after Rene as a group? Class action lawsuit next??

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 09/30/06 10:27 am    ::: Re: Penn State/Portland update Reply Reply with quote

shock6666 wrote:
PSUAlum wrote:

Thanks for the update. Heck, it still makes me angry, even though they do it for all their employees. I'd think there would have to be some kind of an out for PSU in a case like this - where an employee violates a U policy and then gets sued because of it, the U is off the hook to pay.
Based on PSU's actions so far, I'm guessing they'd want to pay and support Rene.....just a hunch...

What I did find interesting was this:
u Two California-based lawyers have joined the National Center for Lesbian Rights in helping to represent Harris. They are Linda M. Dardarian and Jessica Beckett-McWalter, both of the firm Goldstein, Demchak, Baller, Borgen and Dardarian, of Oakland, Calif.
Dardarian and Beckett-McWalter could not be reached, but the firm describes itself as a class-action and civil-rights group.

Ya think maybe they're going to round up all the other individuals that have been wronged and go after Rene as a group? Class action lawsuit next??

I'm surprised they haven't gone after Rene as a group. I guess it hinges on the unwillingness of former players to come forward.

The students are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

The ones who left quietly and played by Rene's game are asked, 'Why are you only now coming forward?' The kids who do come forward are asked ''If it's so bad, why hasn't anybody else come forward to complain?', and labelled misfits and troublemakers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: