RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UConn to play St John's AT THE GARDEN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 09/26/06 8:05 am    ::: UConn to play St John's AT THE GARDEN Reply Reply with quote

http://uconnhuskies.com/MainLinks/Schedules/viewsched.asp?Sport=WBasketball&Season=W06-07

Most excellent. Been too long since a college game's been played there. And congrats to Kim and Geno for thinking outside the box.

PostPosted: 09/26/06 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if the Liberty will drop the promo ball like they do during the PSAL championships and Nike Super Six every year.
Queenie

PostPosted: 09/26/06 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

*hyperventilates* OMG OMG that is so cool!!!!!!!

I realize, of course, that this provides even more of an opportunity for UConn fans to invade and cause a ruckus. I don't care. OMG this is so cool.

(Of course, if some of you NY types want to help back the underdog against the tide of noise, you'd be more than welcome.)

PostPosted: 09/26/06 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sweet. Good for St. John's, definitely something they could use to impress a recruit.

AJDowntown390

PostPosted: 09/26/06 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great idea! Can't wait to watch!

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 09/26/06 8:55 pm    ::: Re: UConn to play St John's AT THE GARDEN Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:
http://uconnhuskies.com/MainLinks/Schedules/viewsched.asp?Sport=WBasketball&Season=W06-07

Most excellent. Been too long since a college game's been played there. And congrats to Kim and Geno for thinking outside the box.

St. John's played two home games at MSG last season vs. Notre Dame and vs. West Virginia - that was the game that Bulger was lost with a knee injury.

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/26/06 9:31 pm    ::: Re: UConn to play St John's AT THE GARDEN Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
RedEqualsLuck wrote:

St. John's played two home games at MSG last season vs. Notre Dame and vs. West Virginia - that was the game that Bulger was lost with a knee injury.

Villanova, actually. ND was at Alumni Hall.

I was at the WV game. Gods, that was heartbreaking. Didn't help that there was jackassery going on behind me when she went down- people thought it would be appropriate to point and laugh.

PostPosted: 09/26/06 10:00 pm    ::: Re: UConn to play St John's AT THE GARDEN Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
RedEqualsLuck wrote:

Villanova, actually. ND was at Alumni Hall.

I was at the WV game. Gods, that was heartbreaking. Didn't help that there was jackassery going on behind me when she went down- people thought it would be appropriate to point and laugh.

Oops - looked at the BE composite schedule too quick - I failed reading comprehension tonight Smile. I was watching the WV game on Big East tv and right when she went down I thought oh no the ACL and had to flip the channel for a bit - couldn't handle all the replays of the injury...

auntie

PostPosted: 09/27/06 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is very exciting. Go Huskies.

PostPosted: 09/28/06 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just checked and I did not see the game listed on MSG's site. It is listed on St. John's site:

http://www.redstormsports.com/tickets/wbasketball.sju

I think they are afraid of too many UCONN fans coming. They did this a few years ago when the St. John Men played the UCONN men and then the garden had many empty seats. If they are going to play in the garden, they should make tickets easily available. Isn't the point to make money? You do that by filling seats.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: