RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

What are the odds of them coming out, anyone see it.????
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00NDROCKS

PostPosted: 09/15/06 9:22 am    ::: What are the odds of them coming out, anyone see it.???? Reply Reply with quote

After this season anyone see any of these 3 coming out to the WNBA as well as Big money in the Euro leagues???????

Tennessee's (PARKER)so.

Maryland's (LANGHORNE)jr.

LSU's (FOWLES)jr.

Just a thought.....

" My best seasons in the WNBA have been the two that I spent in Indiana. Not only did I get the chance to play in front of some of the most passionate fans in the WNBA, but I also had an incredible opportunity to play alongside one of the best players in the history of the game in Tamika Catchings. " ANNA DEFORGE.
pilight

PostPosted: 09/15/06 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not likely. However, if I were a Tennessee fan I'd be more worried about Parker getting big money offers from Euro League reps at the WCs than anything else that might happen to her in Brazil.

PostPosted: 09/15/06 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You know, this might be a very interesting thing to see regarding the next CBA for the players. Will they insist on the college class rule, or will they open it up and do the age 20 thing???

I really don't think the owners care.

And, I have to think that while Parker probably could get a summer gig overseas even now, she would not want to mess up her NCAA eligibility by playing as a "professional".

I think the player's union will be forced to at least consider the option this time around.

PostPosted: 09/15/06 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think either side of the CBA negotiations is keen to see underclasspersons entering the W.

PostPosted: 09/15/06 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could this be their last year in the NCAA ranks??????

" My best seasons in the WNBA have been the two that I spent in Indiana. Not only did I get the chance to play in front of some of the most passionate fans in the WNBA, but I also had an incredible opportunity to play alongside one of the best players in the history of the game in Tamika Catchings. " ANNA DEFORGE.
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 09/15/06 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What is the incentive? Legal fees will eat up the first year salary for WNBA rookies.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 09/15/06 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
What is the incentive? Legal fees will eat up the first year salary for WNBA rookies.

Nice pro bono work for an up and coming, hot shot labor attorney, no Cam???

Well, I guess it is only good pro bono work if you win... Laughing

PostPosted: 09/15/06 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

I think both Cam's and pilight's points are good ones; if someone came out early, they'd be fighting the fight for others....they would most likely be coming for the big $$$ in Europe, and be sacrificing their first year salary in the WNBA just to play those games in the USA before going back to the money in Europe.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 09/15/06 12:29 pm    ::: Re: What are the odds of them coming out, anyone see it.???? Reply Reply with quote

00NDROCKS wrote:
After this season anyone see any of these 3 coming out to the WNBA as well as Big money in the Euro leagues???????

Tennessee's (PARKER)so.

LSU's (FOWLES)jr.

Just a thought.....

Slim to none. Of the three, only Parker strikes me as being able to jump right into pro ball after only a couple of years of college ball. Money wouldn't be an issue for her wanting to make the jump. It'd depend on whether or not she felt like college basketball was enough of a challenge to keep her in school for four years.

Mathies to LA 2013
CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 09/15/06 2:59 pm    ::: Re: What are the odds of them coming out, anyone see it.???? Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Of the three, only Parker strikes me as being able to jump right into pro ball after only a couple of years of college ball. Money wouldn't be an issue for her wanting to make the jump. It'd depend on whether or not she felt like college basketball was enough of a challenge to keep her in school for four years.

Well, someone who gets paid for a living to evaluate these things believes that Lange could play in the WNBA right now. (Not that I'd want her to jump.) Very Happy

bullsky

PostPosted: 09/15/06 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Tennessee wins the title, Parker might. Chicago will most likely have the top pick, and I think Parker would love to come back to Chicago!

PostPosted: 09/15/06 4:17 pm    ::: Re: What are the odds of them coming out, anyone see it.???? Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
Of the three, only Parker strikes me as being able to jump right into pro ball after only a couple of years of college ball. Money wouldn't be an issue for her wanting to make the jump. It'd depend on whether or not she felt like college basketball was enough of a challenge to keep her in school for four years.

Well, someone who gets paid for a living to evaluate these things believes that Lange could play in the WNBA right now. (Not that I'd want her to jump.) Very Happy

Parker is the only one with a name to make the big $$$ overseas right now. For the rest, a legal battle would eat up any salary they would make in the WNBA.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 09/15/06 4:59 pm    ::: Re: What are the odds of them coming out, anyone see it.???? Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:

She probably could play in the WNBA right now. But would she be as dominant as she's been in college? That's the real question. Having only seen her compete on a junior national level, it's hard for me to say that she'd be able to stick it to the pros night in and night out.

Parker, on the other hand, has proven that she's a force on the national level. There's no doubt in my mind that she could dominate the WNBA right now.

Mathies to LA 2013
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 09/15/06 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

I find this question offensive. It is none of your business whether they come out or not. That is a private matter, and it is of no concern (and should be of no concern) to you as a basketball fan. What goes behind closed doors behind consenting adults is their business.

Smile

gpark33

PostPosted: 09/15/06 7:58 pm    ::: Re: What are the odds of them coming out, anyone see it.???? Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Parker, on the other hand, has proven that she's a force on the national level. There's no doubt in my mind that she could dominate the WNBA right now.

I love CP3 but I am not quite convinced she is ready from the USA experience so far, especially if she goes to a team like Chicago, which she would if she comes out. She has the luxury right now of playing with the creme of the crop. In the WNBA, she'll be playing against them.

NOTE: This is in no way meant to sound disrespectful to the other countries' players. My opinion is just that from top to bottom, CP3 has a really great supporting cast right now.

2nd NOTE: Plus I want to see her win at least one championship with UT. Very Happy

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 09/15/06 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Quote:

I find this question offensive. It is none of your business whether they come out or not. That is a private matter, and it is of no concern (and should be of no concern) to you as a basketball fan. What goes behind closed doors behind consenting adults is their business.

Smile

I was waiting for someone to take it there. Smile

That's honestly how I initially read the subject line.

tennis2

PostPosted: 09/16/06 1:42 am    ::: Re: What are the odds of them coming out, anyone see it.???? Reply Reply with quote

00NDROCKS wrote:

Tennessee's (PARKER)so.

LSU's (FOWLES)jr.

Just a thought.....

though i don't think she would be interested i would add the other .....iCP3...Courtney Paris to this list................in that i believe she is definitely in the same league as the three mentioned

ucbart

PostPosted: 09/16/06 12:13 pm    ::: Re: What are the odds of them coming out, anyone see it.???? Reply Reply with quote

tennis2 wrote:
00NDROCKS wrote:

Tennessee's (PARKER)so.

LSU's (FOWLES)jr.

Just a thought.....

though i don't think she would be interested i would add the other .....iCP3...Courtney Paris to this list................in that i believe she is definitely in the same league as the three mentioned

Candace, while she is only a sophomore eligibility wise is a junior in college, and I believe that she will graduate early. She is so good, if Tennessee wins a NC this year or next, I don't see her staying for a fifth year of school/fourth year of college ball. She is ready for the W now. She is a marketing golden girl, she is good, hot, and cocky......people, men especially, will at her right up.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 09/16/06 1:36 pm    ::: Re: What are the odds of them coming out, anyone see it.???? Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Candace, while she is only a sophomore eligibility wise is a junior in college, and I believe that she will graduate early. She is so good, if Tennessee wins a NC this year or next, I don't see her staying for a fifth year of school/fourth year of college ball. She is ready for the W now. She is a marketing golden girl, she is good, hot, and cocky......people, men especially, will at her right up.

Why is it that people are so anxious to see Candace leave early? Why not let the girl enjoy college? It has been stressed on here before that Candace isn't hurting for money and, more than anything else, would like to win multiple championships. Unless Tennessee wins in 2007 AND 2008, be prepared to see her in orange in 2009.

Now, if Tennessee wins in 2007 and Candace wins a good portion of this season's National Player of the Year awards, she could think about leaving. But should she?

With David Stern in charge, the WNBA isn't going to just fold in the next two years. Russia and Korea aren't going anywhere anytime soon. On the other hand, Parker's opportunity to be a "normal college student" will come to an end by 2009. Why rush?

Mathies to LA 2013
mabell3368

PostPosted: 09/17/06 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only thing missing from this whole discussion is that the WNBA rules currently prohibit underclassmen from leaving early. So there is NO chance that CP3 would leave early for the W. The siren song of the big money in Europe might be a factor, but I have confidence in Parker's ability to make good decisions, that will prove to be best for her. Taking the money now and leaving the country doesn't make sense at this point.

bballfan2005 wrote:
Russia and Korea aren't going anywhere anytime soon. On the other hand, Parker's opportunity to be a "normal college student" will come to an end by 2009. Why rush?

The money will be there whenever she's ready to go get it.

Consider this: Even if UT manages to win the title this year, don't look for Ace to leave early. Tennessee is never satisfied with just one more. I expect her to finish her eligibility at UT.

PostPosted: 09/17/06 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

add in: the siren song of the European money may be a tad overblown. I don't know if they want to risk big money on a kid who hasn't proved herself fully (I KNOW she's showing a LOT) yet. They might want to stick with "known" entities -- usually players have to work up the wrungs, unless they've really proven themselves both at the college and pro level.

.. and let's not underestimate the reality of the overseas experience -- you are playing away from friends and family in a strange country who's language (I'm guessin') is unfamiliar.

That ain't for everyone...

PostPosted: 09/17/06 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mabell3368 wrote:
Tennessee is never satisfied with just one more. I expect her to finish her eligibility at UT.

Exactly. We're starting to forget that we've already won six.

00NDROCKS

PostPosted: 09/18/06 6:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Quote:

Smile

I was waiting for someone to take it there. Smile

That's honestly how I initially read the subject line.

Gee, I see how you guys think.......That subject never entered my mind. Wink

toad455

PostPosted: 09/18/06 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Parker may chose to enter the 2008 draft. If she didn't redshirt her first year, this would have been the draft she'd be in.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
gpark33

PostPosted: 09/20/06 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So for anyone watching the WC game right now, they just had a halftime segment on Parker. In one part, she said she really wants to get to the WNBA but rally wants to win a national championship and realizes she has 3 more years of college. Something to that effect. It'll be interesting to see when she ends up coming out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: