RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

My early, early top 25
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/14/06 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
You think a lot of things that turn out to be completely false. I sure hope you don't spend too much $$ on lottery tickets. You clearly don't know the ACC. It's obvious from your posts. Any argument you bring up in favor of FSU is weak, weak, weak. Trust me. I know a whole lot more about the ACC than you do.

So says the poster who said this a year ago...

Quote:
I figured that Maryland would start a rookie PG. I hope they're patient and don't expect too much this first year (like a serious championship push) because they will be thoroughly disappointed.

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?p=84215&highlight=#84215

Yeah, obviously you're an ACC expert... Rolling Eyes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

bullsky

PostPosted: 09/14/06 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
You think a lot of things that turn out to be completely false. I sure hope you don't spend too much $$ on lottery tickets. You clearly don't know the ACC. It's obvious from your posts. Any argument you bring up in favor of FSU is weak, weak, weak. Trust me. I know a whole lot more about the ACC than you do.

Quote:
I figured that Maryland would start a rookie PG. I hope they're patient and don't expect too much this first year (like a serious championship push) because they will be thoroughly disappointed.

So, your definition of expert is someone who never is wrong about something? Hmm.

PostPosted: 09/14/06 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
So, your definition of expert is someone who never is wrong about something? Hmm.

Apparently so, and Matty agrees. Rolling Eyes We all know they're never wrong. Laughing

Mathies to LA 2013
caejal44

PostPosted: 09/14/06 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Comparing SEC records is misleading in regards to Georgia. The losses Georgia suffered were to LSU (2) and Tenn (2 in reg. season, 1 in tourney). Georgia against the rest of the SEC had a margin of victory that was around 20+ against the rest of the SEC with six players (occasionally 7). Angel Robinson and Rebecca Rowsey should be the key to how far this team goes.

Baker and Kendrick will be hard to replace (it helps that two seniors with tons of experience will start at the 1 and 2), but I don't see them behind Kentucky or Vandy (Vandy is more debatable). Just my opinion.

PostPosted: 09/14/06 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

And you called it, right? Rolling Eyes Just like you called Baylor in 2006.

Still, I know more about the ACC than you ever will. I watch the games and follow the conference. You, on the other hand, rely solely on stats to make an argument that's always shaky at best.

Mathies to LA 2013
pilight

PostPosted: 09/14/06 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Orange][Krush wrote:

Apparently so, and Matty agrees. Rolling Eyes We all know they're never wrong. Laughing

Who, me? Wrong? Never! Laughing

If I'm wrong, well then so be it. I look forward to your top 25, so we can compare them at season's end.

PostPosted: 09/14/06 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
pilight wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

Quote:

He hasn't been the only one with that definition in this thread. The goose deserves what she apparently thinks is good for the gander. Or something like that ...

pilight

PostPosted: 09/14/06 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Still, I know more about the ACC than you ever will. I watch the games and follow the conference. You, on the other hand, rely solely on stats to make an argument that's always shaky at best.

I watch as many games as I can. The ACC is on Fox Sports South quite a bit.

I didn't think Maryland would be national champs, or even ACC champs, but with Harper coming back to join Langhorne and Doron it should have been clear to anyone that they were going to be an upper echelon team in the conference and a threat to win a couple of tournament games even with a freshperson at PG.

PostPosted: 09/14/06 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Who, me? Wrong? Never! Laughing

You're right. You always are. Wink

Quote:
If I'm wrong, well then so be it. I look forward to your top 25, so we can compare them at season's end.

I've been working on mine all summer, pilight. I'll release the cleaned-up version in 17 days. As we edge closer to the season, I make changes according to what happens during the offseason. I even ask others for input just to get a few different POVs. After all, Big East fans know their conference better than Pac-10 fans do.

Don't worry, pilight. I'm up for the challenge.

Mathies to LA 2013
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 09/14/06 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
He hasn't been the only one with that definition in this thread. The goose deserves what she apparently thinks is good for the gander. Or something like that ...

What's your opinion on pilight's Top 25? Isn't that the topic of this thread? Or are we discussing ways for the Fever to move beyond the first round of the playoffs next season?

Mathies to LA 2013
pilight

PostPosted: 09/14/06 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
I've been working on mine all summer, pilight. I'll release the cleaned-up version in 17 days.

Since Lenoir is out longer than I thought, I may revise mine in terms of USC before then.

We've got to figure out a scoring system too. I don't want to use the regular season AP/coaches. I've got Ohio State low because Foster's teams always tank in March and they'll be higher in the polls than they deserve to be.

PostPosted: 09/14/06 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:

Pilight: Oh, no you didn't...
BBallFan: Bring it, bitch.
PUMatty: You're a cheertater, Pilight.
Cam: It's already been broughten.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 09/14/06 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I watch as many games as I can.

Translation: I only watch UNC, Maryland, and Duke.

Quote:
I didn't think Maryland would be national champs, or even ACC champs, but with Harper coming back to join Langhorne and Doron it should have been clear to anyone that they were going to be an upper echelon team in the conference and a threat to win a couple of tournament games even with a freshperson at PG.

Without knowing how Harper would recover and how the freshmen would adjust to the ACC, how could they be a clear-cut #3? They won 7 ACC games in 2005 and had as many All-ACC performers (Langhorne, Doron) as NC State (Stansbury, McDowell) that season. Plus, I felt that Boston College and Duke would pose bigger threats to Maryland than Miami and Clemson to Florida State. Well, I was almost right. The FSU/Miami games were closer battles than anticipated, and Boston College got blown completely out by Maryland when the two met in College Park.

Mathies to LA 2013
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 09/14/06 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
We've got to figure out a scoring system too. I don't want to use the regular season AP/coaches.

Without AP/ESPN polls to compare to, what's the point of the "contest"? It's not my fault you underrate Ohio State during the regular season.

Mathies to LA 2013
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 09/14/06 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

Pilight: Oh, no you didn't...
BBallFan: Bring it, bitch.
PUMatty: You're a cheertater, Pilight.
Cam: It's already been broughten.

Laughing Laughing Thanks for that bit, Cam!

Mathies to LA 2013
PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/14/06 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

What's your opinion on pilight's Top 25? Isn't that the topic of this thread? Or are we discussing ways for the Fever to move beyond the first round of the playoffs next season?

I have discussed those plenty. Upgrading at center is the most important thing. Ebony Hoffman won't do it. An actual back-up point guard is next. Anna Deforge doesn't cut it, and moving her to the point is the only way for Tan White to get many minutes, which is absolutely imperative for the Fever to get any better. Anyone who reads my posts knows I don't like many of the personnel moves that the Fever make, although I admit to being very happily wrong about disliking the signing of Tamike Whitmore.

There are plenty of teams that I would rank differently than Pilight. I will do so when it gets closer to the season - it is much to early for me to make a Top 25. However, I recognize these rankings for what they are -- opinions -- which means they aren't right or wrong. They are opinions, something you have a lot of trouble understanding.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/14/06 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
pilight wrote:
We've got to figure out a scoring system too. I don't want to use the regular season AP/coaches.

Without AP/ESPN polls to compare to, what's the point of the "contest"? It's not my fault you underrate Ohio State during the regular season.

If it's just a regular season contest then I'll completely revise mine by the 1st. OSU will surely be highly rated, Foster coaches for February.

PostPosted: 09/14/06 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 09/14/06 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
I have discussed those plenty.

Have you? Not to my knowledge you haven't.

Quote:
Upgrading at center is the most important thing. Ebony Hoffman won't do it.

Replace "center" with "power forward" and "Ebony Hoffman" with "Tamika Whitmore" and you've got your main gripe from last offseason. Should we expect an All-WNBA season from Ms. Hoffman in 2007? Laughing I'd say no, but you never know...

Quote:
An actual back-up point guard is next.

No. A point guard for the future would help, but Harding will be off the board by the time the Fever picks.

Quote:
Anna Deforge doesn't cut it, and moving her to the point is the only way for Tan White to get many minutes, which is absolutely imperative for the Fever to get any better.

This isn't possible. Anna DeForge is better than Cappie Pondexter. Pondexter is better than Tan White. So, by extension, DeForge is better than White. You must've missed that memo.

Quote:
Anyone who reads my posts knows I don't like many of the personnel moves that the Fever make, although I admit to being very happily wrong about disliking the signing of Tamike Whitmore.

Yes, I recall your disdain for the acquisition of Tamika Whitmore but admire your being able to "eat crow" when she turned out to be better than expected.

Quote:
There are plenty of teams that I would rank differently than Pilight. I will do so when it gets closer to the season - it is much to early for me to make a Top 25. However, I recognize these rankings for what they are -- opinions -- which means they aren't right or wrong. They are opinions, something you have a lot of trouble understanding.

I don't have a problem with pilight having an opinion. I don't have a problem with you having an opinion. But be prepared to back it up.

Mathies to LA 2013
SueBirdFan

PostPosted: 09/14/06 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:

LOVE IT!

Go Storm!

"Go smack yourself in the face and see what happens."
PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/14/06 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:

Replace "center" with "power forward" and "Ebony Hoffman" with "Tamika Whitmore" and you've got your main gripe from last offseason. Should we expect an All-WNBA season from Ms. Hoffman in 2007? Laughing I'd say no, but you never know....

No, actually Hoffman was my main problem with the team going into this season as well. And she met all of my expectations.

Quote:

No. A point guard for the future would help, but Harding will be off the board by the time the Fever picks.

Actually, getting past the first round next year has nothing to do with a point guar for the future. Tully will be point guard next year. If that point guard for the future backs her up next year, then I agree. But if a career back-up backs her up, then that will work to. But KB isn't it, and Anna Deforge and Tan White are both SG, not combo guards. Neither is a competent point guard for mroe than a couple of minutes.

I would dangle Deforge as trade bait. Combine her with the Fever's pick and try to move up in the draft. Not sure if it would work, but I would try.

Quote:

I don't have a problem with pilight having an opinion. I don't have a problem with you having an opinion. But be prepared to back it up.

Pilight has backed his opinion up over and over. You may not agree with it, but he doesn't agree with it either. Both of you jsut have opinions, but, as per usual, you won't accept that.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/14/06 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After watching Parker at the WCs, I wonder if I don't have Tennessee too low.

PostPosted: 09/14/06 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Actually, getting past the first round next year has nothing to do with a point guar for the future.

You're the one who brought up the need for a back-up point guard. My contention is that the Fever needs a point guard for the future because Tully's not getting any younger and it doesn't appear that she'll be available in 2008.

Quote:
I would dangle Deforge as trade bait. Combine her with the Fever's pick and try to move up in the draft. Not sure if it would work, but I would try.

No, it won't work. No one wants DeForge.

Quote:
Pilight has backed his opinion up over and over

Using faulty evidence, which can be as damaging as not backing an opinion at all.

Quote:
You may not agree with it, but he doesn't agree with it either.

Huh? Shocked So if he doesn't agree with his opinion, why doesn't he change it?

Quote:
Both of you jsut have opinions, but, as per usual, you won't accept that.

When exactly did you gain the ability to figure out what I do and do not accept? What's your name again?

Mathies to LA 2013
mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/15/06 12:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

I watch as many games as I can. The ACC is on Fox Sports South quite a bit.

Wait, I missed something? Why will there be a new person at pg.

PostPosted: 09/15/06 7:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
No, it won't work. No one wants DeForge.

Are you sure about that bballfan? I can think of someone...

Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: