RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

My early, early top 25
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 09/18/06 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
From what I can observe, it is fairly split. Many see her for what she is -- the mother of successful Purdue women's basketball -- but many others see for someone who almost killed it. I am not sure that either is wrong, but I think its past time to move on.

Agree with you on that...both opinions can be correct.

tennis2

PostPosted: 09/18/06 3:13 pm    ::: Re: My early, early top 25 Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
[I'm still not sold on Oklahoma's guard play to have thenm be a borderline top 5 team. They were simply awful against Stanford in the NCAA tournament. I also think Tennessee has a ton of questions marks with guard play. Although that won't matter, Pat has a player she can treat like Holdsclaw now with Parker. Give her the ball and call it an offense.

i added the bold because i am responding to it.......
Oklahoma will have a more experienced point guard who was really coming into her own in the last half of the season, brittany brown.........., CP3.......as does candace parker makes up for much of our inconsistent guard play and she will only be better......, Leah Rush who got better in feb by knowing her new role and the TEAM knowing her new role, .........two senior guards- one who started as a freshman- higgins, one who started as a freshman but not a sophmore because she had trouble coming back from an injury- Welch.......were inconsistent but they are very competitive and i can't help but think they will be better, if that is the only game you saw, then you did not see the better times.....two other seniors who can step it up, pg kendra moore and forward/guard -sanchez............then we have Ashley Paris who if she can get competitive will make a tremendous impact this year.................add that to a freshman class with two mcdonald's aa's, and three very talented players and i expect them to make the final four.........................personally, i don't see oklahoma playing the guards you saw do so poorly as much this year, unless they do step it up.............i think amanda thompson and nysiesha stevenson and rose hammond might all see guard play..........

guess my point is........i don't see guard play as being a problem because of experience, on the one hand, and some really athletic, talented players coming in as freshman..................plus we are supposed to have a really good coach.............editing here because i forgot to add........ou's cp3 was an all-american last year......the ONLY freshman all-american........ Razz Razz

Last edited by tennis2 on 09/18/06 5:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 09/18/06 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Isn't Sanchez redshirting this season?

Mathies to LA 2013
tennis2

PostPosted: 09/18/06 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i missed that if she is.............she is a senior.........haven't heard of any injuries.............but that does not mean i did not miss it

tennis2

PostPosted: 09/18/06 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"The B12 looks exceptionally weak this year. Baylor is a bit of a flyer, but I like Kim Mulkey as a coach and I don't see anyone else that's going to step up out there." quote of pilight

first, the big 12 was exceptionally weak last year.......they should be better this year..........A&M is getting better, Texas should have a really good team...............baylor fourth place in the south..........believe tech is going to be rebuilding, new coach etc.................OK STATE....i wish they had a different coach.......and with all the money pickens threw their way it would seem they could get their women's bball going...........but it won't happen overnight........it did not for ou...........coale had some lean years before things picked up and part of the reason it did was because the university got behind the program and got the media involved and the business community....................Stillwater needs that to happen for OSU to build a program

you can like kim mulkey all you want but her team will finish fourth in the b12 south and because it is a south team will finish below that in the conference...........though it will probably be the fourth best team in the conference..............

Fennelly at Iowa State always has a decent team........though I do believe he is going to have to change to keep up........kansas state......think they are having problems and will be weak.......think colorado will have a good year rebuilding and might be on the bubble of making it to the dance........

bottomline........oklahoma, texas, and texas a&m all in the top twenty.......and i think ok at five for now is a good pick.........as i have said before, look for them at the final four..........playing not handing out programs Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: