RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Hey ProfChaos!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/20/05 9:37 am    ::: Hey ProfChaos! Reply Reply with quote

I want to take a second and thank you for something.

When you live in Connecticut and are UConn fans, sometimes it's easy to lose track of what the game is really about for so many. Competition, achievement, and what a phenomenal accomplishment even making it to the dance is.

Your posts about St. Francis were great, and really got me excited about the underdogs' stories in this year's tournies (both). Thanks for bringing back the excitement of these teams to me.

Congratulations on a great season for the Flash!

KatValeska

PostPosted: 03/20/05 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very Happy

Thanks.

Nice to know some folks can clearly see the difference between giving some love and trash-talking.

St. Francis (Pa.) is a school with all of 1,200 students . Wow - thinking about it, that means that one in every 120 students there plays for the women's basketball team - that seems amazing to me. Their winning nine of the past 10 conference titles is about as good as it will probably get. Still, the athletic department there seems truly committed to attempting to take this program even higher. And it's kinda fun believing miracles can happen - which is why I can enjoy the first round as much as anyone.

Actually, the Red Flash are only my second favorite team. For reasons that are known to some here, I'm not really in a position to post about my true love. Still, I have enough left over to spread a little of it around.

Still have the Richmond Spiders to root for today. Like the Red Flash, I tune in via the internet to just about every Spiders' game

It might amuse you to know that the Huskies were my favorite team for several years, and really, were largely responsible for developing my passion for women's college hoops. Heck, I even once spent two months in Connecticut.

Hey, thanks again dtsnms - that was a very nice post to wake up to.

ucbart

PostPosted: 03/20/05 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Professor, we know what/who your real passion is, and you're a great fan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: