RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Holdsclaw trade possibilities update
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/17/05 12:28 pm    ::: Holdsclaw trade possibilities update Reply Reply with quote

Washington has turned down two deals from Western Conference teams. One of the deals would have sent Swoopes and #5 to Washington for Holdsclaw.

LA remains in consideration (Milton and #13 for Mique). But there is talk Sacramento is putting together a deal that would include Griffith for Holdsclaw.

Not sure where New York currently stands in all of this.

We shall see which one, if any, of these trades actually goes down. Stay tuned.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/17/05 12:31 pm    ::: Re: Holdsclaw trade possibilities update Reply Reply with quote

I would LOVE to see her In Sac!

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 03/17/05 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cam,

I am sitting here in H'town slack-jawwed. I don't know which scenario scares me the most: Swoopes teamed up with Beard, or Holdsclaw teamed up with TnT (Tina n Tari, or Tari n Tina).

I have never in my wildest ever even thought about the Claw in Comets Red. Still can't conceive it. That could be an absolute bombshell and I have no idea what would happen if it dropped.

sambista

PostPosted: 03/17/05 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

this is so weird. i keep thinking the reason ny has been so quiet is because they're waiting for ALL the shoes to drop re mique. i still can't see her going anywhere but new york. but how could anything be shocking anymore, now that we've survived this league long enough to face the possibility that sheryl swoopes might be - no, not retiring before her time, but - traded? who could've seen this coming a few years ago? amazing.

PostPosted: 03/17/05 12:53 pm    ::: Re: Holdsclaw trade possibilities update Reply Reply with quote

I love Yo, but she's too old. DC would lose on that deal. If I were SAC, I'd make that trade in a heartbeat.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/17/05 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I am sitting here in H'town slack-jawwed. I don't know which scenario scares me the most: Swoopes teamed up with Beard, or Holdsclaw teamed up with TnT (Tina n Tari, or Tari n Tina).

4ever, I understand why Washington didn't do the deal. Sure, Swoopes is the biggest name (in terms of overall name recognition) Washington could get. But she doesn't solve the team's needs re outside shooting and ballhandling. And her age is a concern. But if her age is a concern, why isn't Griffith's age a concern? Well, that is Washington management for you...

As for Houston, would Holdsclaw play the three when Tina returned? How would Tina, Claw, and Snow all mesh together in terms of shots?

Personally, I think Milton would fit best with Washington. Solid defender at the 3, 4, and 5. Good balance of inside and outside scoring. Team player.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/17/05 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
As for Houston, would Holdsclaw play the three when Tina returned? How would Tina, Claw, and Snow all mesh together in terms of shots?

You mean Tari will get no touches in Houston?
I would think about meshing her with Tari before I'd do that with Tina, who's unlikely to return before long. How can you have such powerful rebounders and jump shooters working together?
In any case, I still think NY's silence has more to do with Mique than with Yo. We shall see.

PostPosted: 03/17/05 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agreed about Swoopes in D.C., but she definitely still puts fans in the seats where ever she plays.

This is just me, but I don't think the Comets care who's making the points this year, just somebody make them...PLEASE. It would have been kinda weird with Claw, Snow and Thompson on the front-end, but I have to think that Holdsclaw would have taken her shots and nobody would care how many she took.

Tari will get her minutes. She will have plenty of time to make her place before Tina comes back. I don't see Thompson coming back until late June or early July, especially if the team is doing well. This will be the first season that Tina will not qualify for the All-Star Game...so LJ gets the PW start for the West with no real opposition...understatement at best.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/17/05 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't imagine why they would turn down Swoopes and #5 to take Milton and #13. On the best day of her life Milton wasn't 8 draft spots better than Swoopes, coming off a torn ACL it isn't even discussion-worthy.

Outside Shooting? Milton can spot up if left open, but she's never averaged as much as one three made per game. Swoopes hasn't done so since her ACL tear, but that's hardly reason to sign another player that's coming off knee surgery.

Ball handling. Milton v Swoopes? No contest.

Defense? One of these two has won DPOY thrice.

I don't get it.

PostPosted: 03/17/05 1:21 pm    ::: Re: Holdsclaw trade possibilities update Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Washington has turned down two deals from Western Conference teams. One of the deals would have sent Swoopes and #5 to Washington for Holdsclaw.

LA remains in consideration (Milton and #13 for Mique). But there is talk Sacramento is putting together a deal that would include Griffith for Holdsclaw.

Not sure where New York currently stands in all of this.

We shall see which one, if any, of these trades actually goes down. Stay tuned.

How in the world Sacramento would acquire Boldsclaw without having Tangela Smith eludes me... Confused Unless they're considering trading Ticha, I wouldn't be enamored with anything SAC could offer if I was WAS.

That and I'd be worried about Mique not liking Sacramento and leaving after a year. Unfortunately, The Claw can't be assuaged into enjoying the Capitol City by millions of dollars like Chris Webber was Shocked

The other trades are not suprising...

Mysticwiz

PostPosted: 03/17/05 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i like the hou deal,but would have to add the 2nd rounder too.
then i would flip swoopes...

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 03/17/05 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow.

How could Washington turn down Sheryl Swoopes and a #5 for Claw. Even if Claw were guaranteed a clean bill of mental health, Swoopes and the #5 is worth looking at, especially for DC.

Swoopes would put fannies in the seats anywhere, and that's got to help in a town with a shiny new baseball team like the Nationals. And with the #5 pick, too, Washington could have drafted another starter.

sambista

PostPosted: 03/17/05 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
In any case, I still think NY's silence has more to do with Mique than with Yo. We shall see.

i agree with you there, bcbg.

as for all those who keep saying "i really love yo, but . . . " - i hope she has a mad, crazy season this year, wherever she is, so folks are reduced to one word. not "old," but "dayum!"

PostPosted: 03/17/05 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could it possibly be that Holdsclaw could be calling the shots here? If she doesn't like the trade could she nix it? Also wouldn't a team trading for Meek want an extention to her contract( something the Mystics would have to do prior to the trade). I know I would. I don't think she would particularly like to play for Van. No fact just a feeling.

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 03/17/05 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Could it possibly be that Holdsclaw could be calling the shots here? If she doesn't like the trade could she nix it? Also wouldn't a team trading for Meek want an extention to her contract( something the Mystics would have to do prior to the trade). I know I would. I don't think she would particularly like to play for Van. No fact just a feeling.

MoBeard, that is an excellent point. Mique could nix a trade in a heartbeat.

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 03/17/05 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bibb wrote
Quote:
BCBG25 wrote:

i agree with you there, bcbg

New York has been linked in trade talks with Sacramento, and Sacramento is being linked in trade talks with Washington. 3-way?

sambista

PostPosted: 03/17/05 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:
New York has been linked in trade talks with Sacramento, and Sacramento is being linked in trade talks with Washington. 3-way?

what, we get yo and mique? works for me! lol!

PostPosted: 03/17/05 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MoBeard wrote:

I would think some of Washingtons reluctance is that it's Alana's team now, and who can they get who will come in and be an Indian to her Chief?

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 03/17/05 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

More like

NY gets Mique
Washington gets Yo and Nicole Powell
Sacto gets Christon and VJ

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 03/17/05 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nicole Powell in D.C. sounds pretty darned good.

Mysticwiz

PostPosted: 03/17/05 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:
Quote:

More like

NY gets Mique

don't get me started....

inky

PostPosted: 03/17/05 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Monarchs trade Powell away, the Stanford fans are going to paint their faces Scottish Flag blue and go storm Sacramento to burn some castles down.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/17/05 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No way does Washington get Powell and Griffith. Just not going to happen, IMHO.

I have not heard anything about a three-way trade. Just know that Washington has several suitors for Holdsclaw, but has turned down two Western Conference teams already (Houston was one).

Los Angeles and Sacto appear to have the inside track. Not sure what is up with Blaze. But if she doesn't get Holdsclaw, she will have missed out on two major players...she could have had either Griffith or Holdsclaw. I guess she really likes Bethany Donaphin...

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 03/17/05 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even with being in the twilight of her career, what makes a better deal for any team than Swoopes and the number five draft pick for a player, read leader, who is ready to be somewhere else?

That's just too scary...

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 03/17/05 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:
Quote:

More like

NY gets Mique

Earlier rumors had Yo going for Christon and VJ, so why would SAC now give away Nicole Powell? Essentially that would be like Trading:

Yo
    Tan
    2nd round pick

for

Christon
    VJ

...which sounds ridiculous Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: