RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Baylor @ Oklahoma
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thatGAgirl

PostPosted: 02/12/06 4:53 pm    ::: Baylor @ Oklahoma Reply Reply with quote

Anyone watching this game?? Sophia Young and Courtney Paris putting on a show so far! Both with double-doubles already!!

42-39 Baylor w/ 14:34 left in the second half.

- Diana Taurasi
bullsky

PostPosted: 02/12/06 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have been all day! Its been an okay game. Some really weird calls. But the Sooners are on a comeback and down 1 WITHOUT Courtney Paris! Oh, and Sanchez has been money!

PostPosted: 02/12/06 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OT!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: 02/12/06 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked

What a great game! That crowd in OK is live!

Courtney Paris is downright scary.

- Diana Taurasi
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/12/06 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow...that's all I can say.

Mathies to LA 2013
bullsky

PostPosted: 02/12/06 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

81-77!!! Sooners win!

PostPosted: 02/12/06 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

31 points, 19 rebounds for Courtney Paris Shocked

She may only be a freshman but is there REALLY a better player in the country?

MNfan22

PostPosted: 02/12/06 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boilerjay wrote:
31 points, 19 rebounds for Courtney Paris Shocked

Shocked
I love Seimone, Sophia's the bomb, Cappie's all that, Sylvia, Tasha H. & Candace all got game .... BUT COURTNEY PARIS, lord have mercy Exclamation
This young woman will re-write the Big 12 record books like nobody.
To this point I really have no problem giving her POY.

PostPosted: 02/12/06 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

all i can say is courtney paris is awesome. she would be the no. 1 pick hands down if she were eligible for the draft this year.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/12/06 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Sooners!

Beautiful to see you beat Baylor again.

I love it!

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 02/12/06 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

that was an amazing basketball game. Great plays, back and forth all the way down the stretch. Both Young and Paris were awesome. That was a fun one to watch!

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/12/06 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bigant wrote:
all i can say is courtney paris is awesome. she would be the no. 1 pick hands down if she were eligible for the draft this year.

Too bad she's not eligible next season. Noo Yahk sure could use a post player like her.

Mathies to LA 2013
Curious

PostPosted: 02/12/06 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was an incredibly fun game to watch.

Did anyone else notice that when regulation ended and the cameras panned to both coaches, Sheri Coale was laughing and really enjoying herself and KMR's darkened visage made her look like a total sour puss.

tag3

PostPosted: 02/12/06 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Courtney's free throw shooting has been one of her few weaknesses, and that continued today. In the final 30 seconds, Baylor had that in mind and fouled Courtney intentionally to stop the clock and put her at the line. She hit 2 clutch free throws that helped ice the game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

``Ashley these last few days has been telling me, 'Courtney, You're not clutch. You can't do anything clutch,''' Paris said. ``'You can't come down the court and shoot 3-pointers. You can't be my favorite player. My favorite player can do this, can do that.'

``Now I can tell her, 'Clutch free throws.'''

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=236733

~~~~~~

Now college wbb has one more thing to worry about. Not only is Courtney only a freshman. But now she perhaps has more confidence in her free throw shooting!

swok34

PostPosted: 02/12/06 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was an awesome basketball game. Great crowd, we broke the record and were pretty loud, especially through the end of the second half.

I think if you were to actually go back and look at Courtney's FT shooting in the final 5 minutes or so of a game, you would see it's a lot different than those she shoots in the beginning of a game. For some reason, to know that she's been intentional fouled and put at the line pisses her off,,,,and she usually makes them.

I sure am glad I get to see Courtney play so much and 3 MORE YEARS!!
Very Happy

I thought Krista Sanchez was HUGE there in that stretch that Courtney was on the bench. Leah Rush played well there at the end prior to fouling out. Courtney kept telling Sherri Coale, "put me back in, I won't foul"...
fortunately, the rest of the team came through and kept the game within reach UNTIL Courtney could go back in. Good thing, she needed to be in there in the final 5 and the OT.

O.G.

PostPosted: 02/12/06 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Curious wrote:
Did anyone else notice that when regulation ended and the cameras panned to both coaches, Sheri Coale was laughing and really enjoying herself and KMR's darkened visage made her look like a total sour puss.

I remember the 96 final four when Nykesha Sales' semifinals buzzer-beater sent Tenn-UConn to OT. The Lady Vols seemed demoralized, and Pat really got in their faces: "Overtime is won by the mentally tougher team, and I don't like the looks on your faces!" Of course they went on to win the game, and the first of the next 3 rings.

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 02/12/06 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great great game. I was lucky and didn't get whipped around too much. Saw lots of great bbball.... This tourney is going to be VERRRRY interesting.

PostPosted: 02/12/06 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Courtney was GREAT, but I must say, the real hero of the game was none other than Krista Sanchez. If it had not been for her strong play off the bench we would not have won that game. I'm SO proud of our ladies, they played a tremendous game. Sophia was great but when it came down to it Courtney's supporting cast was superior to Sophia's.

threefrom60

PostPosted: 02/13/06 12:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boilerjay wrote:

WNBA GMs are already thinking, hmmmmm, how to stock-pile 2009 first round draft picks.

Curious

PostPosted: 02/13/06 1:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

threefrom60 wrote:
boilerjay wrote:

WNBA GMs are already thinking, hmmmmm, how to stock-pile 2009 first round draft picks.

Well, PHX will have a lottery pick that year, so they're in luck at least.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/13/06 1:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Curious wrote:
That was an incredibly fun game to watch.

Love it! Laughing Too bad she didn't pull out her disco ball-like top and breakdance.

Mathies to LA 2013
ari20dal7

PostPosted: 02/13/06 3:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I loved the crowd. Second best at Lloyd Noble all year....men or women. Only the crowd for the OU-Texas men's game was that good.

I can say, without reservation, that it was the best basketball experience I've ever had live. Of course I'm only 22. This is why you go to basketball games.....this is why you ever cared at all.

I agree that Krista Sanchez was unbelievable. During that stretch with Courtney out with foul trouble, OU not only managed to tread water, but closed the gap. Sophia was dirty good, but OU just made a couple more plays down the stretch and in OT.

Can't say enough about Courtney's play. Games like this will only help OU's fan base grow and grow and grow.

Props to Baylor too.....anyone that thinks this team is done and won't be a factor is sadly mistaken.

bullsky

PostPosted: 02/13/06 7:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sanchez was HUGE for Oklahoma. There was a time, where Coale had so much confidence in her, that she had Brown, Moore, Sanchez, Rush and Paris on the floor. No Welch or Higgins!

Oklahoma is going to be tough to beat. Especially after what they showed tonight.

PostPosted: 02/13/06 8:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was pleased to see Sanchez and Rush step up. The Sooners have been a very different team without CP on the floor- vulnerable, more likely to make mistakes, not as sure of what they want to do offensively. When she sat with her fourth foul, I really thought Baylor would make their move. They may have, but OU may have found a way to stop it without Paris. That's the sign of a team that is maturing. And Baylor has taken its lumps this season, but they're not the kind of team anybody's second string is going to hang with. So it was especially encouraging to see OU do what they did with Paris out.

And just imagine what a summer of weights and managed diet is gonna do for Paris. Shocked

PostPosted: 02/13/06 8:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On Paris's size, though... what's amazing to me is how quick she is anyway. She is really pretty quick up and down the floor, and she didn't seem very tired yesterday either. It's uncanny.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: