RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

tons of games on tv today, but what are they?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
O.G.

PostPosted: 02/12/06 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
UNC's blowing Virginia out of the water...7-point game (down from a 15-point halftime lead). Good call, Stacey!

Blow-outs can be fun, but we'll take the W. Smile

Virginia looked pretty good, IMO. I agree that they are a future force to be reckoned with. Sharnee Zoll is the real deal.

Carolina's athleticism and aggressive defense tends to mask their weaknesses. I'll be surprised if no teams this year find a way to exploit them fully.

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 02/12/06 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

O.G. - LOVE your avatar. Nice to see Brokeback Mountain has made such an impact in men's basketball... Laughing

PostPosted: 02/12/06 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I expected Carolina to show they're still #1 by blowing out UVA.

The team's mostly flatland Southerners, so maybe they were freaked out by the heavy snow up there in Charlottesville--10" I heard.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/12/06 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:
O.G. - LOVE your avatar. Nice to see Brokeback Mountain has made such an impact in men's basketball... Laughing

Wally: I wish I knew how to quit you.
Gary: I wish I knew how to close my mouth since I have to run it all the damn time.

O.G.

PostPosted: 02/12/06 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
RedEqualsLuck wrote:

Gary: I wish I knew how to close my mouth since I have to run it all the damn time.

LOL! I do think they make a lovely couple.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/12/06 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No they don't! I have dibs on Wally.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/13/06 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

O.G. wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
RedEqualsLuck wrote:

LOL! I do think they make a lovely couple.

I like how Kobe and the ref are waiting to cut in.

PostPosted: 02/13/06 1:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

O.G. wrote:
Blow-outs can be fun, but we'll take the W. Smile

Virginia looked pretty good, IMO. I agree that they are a future force to be reckoned with. Sharnee Zoll is the real deal.

Carolina's athleticism and aggressive defense tends to mask their weaknesses. I'll be surprised if no teams this year find a way to exploit them fully.

Blowouts are fun, especially the ones I watched your 'Heels deal to Miami, UConn, and Wake Forest. UNC plays 10x faster than the most athletic teams in the country. It's a thing of beauty (to be honest) unless your team is the opponent that's being crapped on. Laughing

Defensively, Virginia can match up with most teams in the ACC (except Duke and Boston College). It's the sucky offense that sinks this team. When the starting wings miss more FGs than they score points, that's a telling story. Of course, the Carolina defense tends to be long and athletic. They turn wide-open looks into contested jumpshots. It's like having eight people on defense versus four people on offense. Mad And let's be honest...there isn't a team in the country that can overcome UNC's pressure without luck (see Maryland, as the big three-pointers by Newman and Coleman were contested shots that happened to drop).

As far as Virginia and Sharnee Zoll, they just need to surround her with weapons. Zoll is money, no doubt...best young point guard in the nation. We (WCBB fans as a whole) just don't know her because she's not playing for a Top 25 team. She's human, though, as she ended up with 7 turnovers on the night. She's a gamer, though.

With Zoll, the maturation of Granberry and Littles, incoming recruits in Wright and Kellum (and Hartig), and a new arena, the 'Hoos should compete next season. Will they beat Duke? No. Will they beat UNC? No. Everyone else is fair game, though. 2-9 could possibly be 9-2 by this point next season.

Mathies to LA 2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: