RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota vs. MSU
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 02/09/06 8:43 pm    ::: Minnesota vs. MSU Reply Reply with quote

MSU is just kicking the snot out of Minny right now....up by 24 in the first half.

I don't know how this bodes for Purdue on Sunday vs Minny.

PostPosted: 02/09/06 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

it bodes for minnesota losing this game and also the next two. possibly all of them badly. and possibly slipping out of the rankings altogether.

vanyogan

PostPosted: 02/09/06 8:45 pm    ::: Re: Minnesota vs. MSU Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:
MSU is just kicking the snot out of Minny right now....up by 24 in the first half.

I don't know how this bodes for Purdue on Sunday vs Minny.

Gopher starters have 11 TO's in the first half. Why the fuck are they still in the game?

Ugh, 12 TO's. forget winning the game, you can't play players with those numbers.

Last edited by vanyogan on 02/09/06 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 02/09/06 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In ther first two road games against ranked teams, the Go Go Gophers lost by 18 (New Mexico) and 21 (LSU). Now this. If I were Purdue, I would be highly unconcerned about them coming to visit.

PostPosted: 02/09/06 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
In ther first two road games against ranked teams, the Go Go Gophers lost by 18 (New Mexico) and 21 (LSU). Now this. If I were Purdue, I would be highly unconcerned about them coming to visit.

Based on how Purdue has played for most of the game against IPFW, right now I would be concerned if the Sisters of the Poor played Purdue.

Okay, not really, but Purdue sometimes just does not like to put the hurt down on teams that it should. And Minny will be pissed on Sunday.

PostPosted: 02/09/06 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

It's Broback, the girl can't play a big game.

PostPosted: 02/09/06 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought I was hallucinating at first but I think MSU scored 25 points in the first five minutes of the half.
IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 02/09/06 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
I thought I was hallucinating at first but I think MSU scored 25 points in the first five minutes of the half.

Holy moses MSU up by 30 at halftime. Wow.

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:
Keegan wrote:

If I was Borton, Schonrock, is the only starter I'd bring out in the second half tipoff.

MSU has 26 points off TO's and 13 of 16 TO's attributed to the starting five. Bench their asses. You can't win doing that. Experience? The good news is the Gophers are going to graduate half their TO's I think this year.

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WOW!! The Gophers' ranking is really going to drop when they lose against Purdue later this week.

vanyogan

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WOW!! The Gophers' ranking is really going to drop when they lose against Purdue later this week.

Calhoun has something like 7 TO's or something stupid like that. Why the fuck is she out there? Tell her to put on a damn dress and get in the truck.

Damnit...

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Calhoun has something like 7 TO's or something stupid like that. Why the fuck is she out there? Tell her to put on a damn dress and get in the truck.

Damnit...

This sure makes me glad that Purdue got to skip MSU at MSU this year.
DAYUMMMMMMM

PostPosted: 02/09/06 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

The ranking doesn't mean anything. The regular season title is over for Minny. Borton needs to look forward. She has a good team coming back next year. They are the only ones who are going to take Minny to the next level. I'd start play'n em.

I'd start Fox , Shoney, Roysland, Broback and Williams. Then I'd jerk any player who TO' s twice or starts 1 - 3, in the first half. That's how I'd start the game against Pudue..

PostPosted: 02/09/06 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am extremely disappointed on the way we played tonight. Sad There is no way we should got that many turnovers and the excessive amount of fouls (which I find kind of fishy) and the rebounding was horrible. Certainly if Williams is not going to grab the rebounds you need to put podominick back in I don’t care if her shooting percentages are down at least bring her in to get the rebounds.

Last edited by gopherfan on 02/09/06 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
gopherfan

PostPosted: 02/09/06 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
toad455 wrote:

The ranking doesn't mean anything. The regular season title is over for Minny. Borton needs to look forward. She has a good team coming back next year. They are the only ones who are going to take Minny to the next level. I'd start play'n em.

It's not over yet, remember we publicly got embarrassed 2 times last year by Ohio state but we still beat them in the Big Ten tournament and that's what counts. You never know what Mich state will be like come tourney time, they might of came out with a easy ( lucky) win tonight with heavy officiating on there side but what will they be like when it come tournament time when were not in east lancing.

Last edited by gopherfan on 02/09/06 10:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/09/06 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is nothing funnier than someone blaming a 23-point loss on bad officiating.

TweetyMulatto

PostPosted: 02/09/06 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gopherfan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
toad455 wrote:

they might of came out with a easy ( lucky) win tonight with heavy officiating on there side but what will they be like when it come tournament time when were not in east lancing.

hm...must have been some horrible officiating to slide MSU a hefty 23 point win, with bench warmers...

Confused

If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character...would you slow down? Or speed up?
Curious

PostPosted: 02/10/06 12:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
IndyPurduefan wrote:
Keegan wrote:

If I was Borton, Schonrock, is the only starter I'd bring out in the second half tipoff.

This loss was pretty much all about coaching.

Take a look at the match-ups which worked in the first MSU game back at Williams. The game started almost identically (not quite as badly, MN actually played a little defense - or MSU was missing shots, but it was close). Why not learn from that and change? You can't play Schonrock on Bowen. Maybe you can't play her at all. Just like you can't have her defending a 5'10" guard feeding the post against NDSU or a taller shooter. Everyone picks on her defensively the moment she's on the floor.

You can't have a team where three starters won't take it to the hoop on a 2-1 fast break.

I had really hoped that PB had turned the corner when they crashed an burned against Purdue and when, in the next game (against MSU) her "bench players" actually brought the victory, and was going to start giving her "players that can actually play" the majority of the PT during games. It's just not happening.

It's damn near all about coaching at this point. I don't know whether playing her most talented players would be a panacea at this point in the season, but this probably wasn't going to be the season they challenged for a title anyway.

womens_hoops wrote:
it bodes for minnesota losing this game and also the next two. possibly all of them badly. and possibly slipping out of the rankings altogether.

Yeah, I don't know if we'll drop out of the ratings, we only have two more really tough games in Big 10 play. It'd be hard to completely tank. Though I do agree it really bodes badly for the next two games against Purdue and Ohio State.

Ah well. There's always next season when we don't have that many seniors who play guard.

gopherfan

PostPosted: 02/10/06 7:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don’t think our post players did any better then ours guards did tonight April did a hell of a job tonight grabbing the rebound and doing the scrappy things to keep us in the game spite the 6 turn over.

Capri

PostPosted: 02/10/06 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
There is nothing funnier than someone blaming a 23-point loss on bad officiating.

Wonderful quote - I think I found my new sig.

Samaria

PostPosted: 02/10/06 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gopherfan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
toad455 wrote:

You never know what Mich state will be like come tourney time, they might of came out with a easy ( lucky) win tonight with heavy officiating on there side but what will they be like when it come tournament time when were not in east lancing.

Lansing.

Anyway, it's bad sportsmanship to blame a 23 point loss on "heavy officiating." LMAO.

PostPosted: 02/10/06 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can admit that I was piss off that we lost and blamed it on the officiating, but don’t act like you haven’t blamed a bad game on the refs before because I am sure were all guilty of it, so just let go. Geez talk about milking it for all it’s worth. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Curious

PostPosted: 02/10/06 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gopherfan wrote:
I can admit that I was piss off that we lost and blamed it on the officiating, but don’t act like you haven’t blamed a bad game on the refs before because I am sure were all guilty of it, so just let go. Geez talk about milking it for all it’s worth. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

No really, it was all the officials. I went back through my dvd of the game, frame by frame, backwards, forwards, then backwards again. The officials cost us 24 points. Well, they took 13 away from us and awarded 11 to MSU. There you have it, it was all on the officiating. Wink

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 02/10/06 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The margin of victory partly reflects freakish luck-- State shot something like 8-10 from three in the first half-- but mostly it reflects McCallie being a very good coach, knowing how to scout her opponents and how to prepare her team.

Am I convinced that 25-30 minutes a game from Emily Fox, Kelly Roysland and Katie Alsdurf, would make the Gophers better than they are now? Not really-- but I'm convinced it would be worth Pam's while to experiment, since the current starting lineup isn't going to win big games.

TweetyMulatto

PostPosted: 02/11/06 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gopherfan wrote:

I blamed the Shock's 40 point loss to Sacramento on bad officiating... Cool

If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character...would you slow down? Or speed up?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: