RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tennessee v. LSU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 02/09/06 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
That was a stupid technical foul. June Corteau is an idiot. In a game of that magnitude, you let that go.

HOLY SHIT SEIMONE!

(and i disagree about the tech.)

icey23

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WE DID IT Shocked Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

WHO SAID MONE DON'T PLAY D?

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow.

Congrats to LSU on that incredible game.

Mathies to LA 2013
styxfan22

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn and Tenn both lose at home the same week. Do we have parity now?

LdyVolsFn

That is the first sign of lapse by Augustus I have seen, even though Tennessee didn't even produce a shot when given a chance. And what is Redding doing? Not the person to be shooting. Poor execution down the stretch. Come tournament time Tennesee can't finish games that way. It was a good game. Both teams played well. My Vols lost but it was an entertaining game and well worth watching.

Iluvacc

thesixthwoman wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
That was a stupid technical foul. June Corteau is an idiot. In a game of that magnitude, you let that go.

HOLY SHIT SEIMONE!

(and i disagree about the tech.)

I disagree about the tech too, Hornbuckle made a great play and there is no need to do that afterwards, good job by Erica White not to react

toad455

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think after this game Zolman's stock has dropped. She may only be a third round pick. There's a lot of guards better then her in the draft.

I wonder how far Tenn will drop in the rankings.

1. North Carolina
2. Duke
3. LSU
4. Maryland
5. Ohio St.
6. Rutgers
7. UCONN
8. Tennessee

Last edited by toad455 on 02/09/06 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keegan

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I think after this game Zolman's stock has dropped. She may only be a third round pick. There's a lot of guards better then her in the draft.

Was Zolman's stock even that high to begin with?
LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A lot of people thought very highly of her. When she is wide open she is pretty good, however her size and speed make it hard for her to get these good looks. She tries to drive and pull up but she is usually smaller than her defender. I don't think she will make it very far in the W.

memphis10

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hornbuckle's mouth/attitude at times like that is what makes her not become my replacement fav lady vol (SWG was my fav but no one can replace my all time fav player Catch.)

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
toad455

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Was Zolman's stock even that high to begin with?

She was thought to go early to mid-second round. Now I think she's just a third round pick.

sambista

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

d-i-s

-m-a-n-t-l-e-d.

augustus is so fun to watch.

i am becoming a pokie fan more and more each day.

mark jones has read the board(s), and he got the message. not a bad broadcast. needs more work, but not bad at all.

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Doesn't matter. Just a regular season game. No big deal, the house is NOT on fire. Unlike what whoever those former players who I've never heard of apparently had to say after the Kentucky game.

It'll be all right. Nothing embarrassing about this at all. It was a good game.

If a team can lose three games in a season in football and still be national champions, I'm somewhat confident that a basketball team can do it.

LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hornbuckle should tone it down some. Her attitude is a little abrasive. I love Parker. Her game is amazing but I just love her on court personality and attitude. She has just enough cockiness, she knows she is good, but doesn't go too far in being cocky. I just love watching her play. I love the Lady Vols and her. And whatever team she goes to in the W will automatically be one of my favorites

njjosh

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

styxfan22 wrote:
UConn and Tenn both lose at home the same week. Do we have parity now?

Ask that again when the NCAA Tournament arrives.

Congrats to LSU on winning tonight. Perhaps even more impressive is that they did it in a white-knuckler game, the type of game they've always found a way to lose to TN. They didn't fold when TN rallied at the start of the second half to take the lead. They didn't fold when TN took the lead again in the final couple of minutes.

Very well-played game.

Augustus did what a National POY is supposed to do - take over a big game AND make clutch plays at the end. Fowles found her offensive touch when she most needed to. Parker and Fluker played well for TN, but nothing consistent otherwise.

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

I wonder how far Tenn will drop in the rankings.

1. North Carolina
2. Duke
3. LSU
4. Maryland
5. Ohio St.
6. Rutgers
7. UCONN
8. Tennessee

I don't think they should drop that far. LSU was ranked higher than them and it was a close game.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. Show some emotion and you get slammed.

No love for AH right about now. This wouldn't be an issue in the men's game.

Mathies to LA 2013
LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Showing emotion is great. However, directing it at an opponent in that manner is inappropriate. On the next play Fluker got an and one. She got excited but it wasnt directed at the LSU player

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There were what...three minutes left in that game and June made that call? Bogus. Perhaps if Hornbuckle had done that in the first half I'd be okay with June blowing the whistle. No matter how you slice it, that was a poorly-timed call. You can let that go, as Hornbuckle didn't pursue her taunting any further than the initial confrontation.

Mathies to LA 2013
LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The call probably shouldnt have been made in a game that close. Start with a warning, to my knowledge I didnt see AH do anything prior to that point. Those 2 points of the Technical were definetly big in the outcome.

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like the emotion, who cares if players talk trash or get up in each other faces (as long as they keep their hands to themselves). They are trying to take the fun out of the game, so she had a few words for the girl (big deal).

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First, I think UT actually played really well. The Tennessee that played Duke would have folded after being down by 14.

The three things that should stand out most to Tennessee about how they lost are:

1. Missed free throws.

2. The infamous technical call.

3. Pat wasting their final time out.

As wonderful as my girl CP played, and once again she was the offense, she missed some crutial free throws which are uncharacteristic for her. I know she missed at least three or four. Being as competitve as she is, I know she'll kick herself for those.

I'm not saying the technical was right or wrong, but now in looking back it was really critical.

I'm baffled by Pat wasting her final time out. As clueless as Mark and Doris are, even they mentioned it. She had already called one to set up the play. Then when LSU came out on the floor and set up theirs she calls the last one after seeing what they were going to throw at her. I don't know? If you have forty or so seconds left in a game, down by three I wouldn't waste the last TO to get a glance at the defense. That left her team scrambling looking totally lost with time running out and couldn't even get off a final shot. I think Pat needs to take this one for the team... literally.

Last edited by luvDhoops on 02/09/06 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree with the part about the time out, but who in here has any room to judge Pat Summit's coaching calls? I'm sure she had her reasons, which none of us know. Give her the credit she deserves

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's a difference between what Tye did when she hit that key shot and what Alexis did. What Tye did was great...she showed immense emotion while not directing it at anyone. Then you have Alexis screaming in Erica White's face. If Diana can get a "T" for clapping in Tasha Pointer's, than Alexis is going to get one for screaming in Erica White's.

I have to say though, I probably would have given Alexis a warning instead of a technical. I can see where Courteau was coming from, but it was a tough call to make.

Tennessee had poor execution down the stretch. Shanna w/the steps, Dominique w/an ill-advised shot, and then Pat Summitt burning the last timeout w/more than 20 seconds remaining. That t/o would have come in handy after Seimone missed the FTs.

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 02/09/06 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LdyVolsFn wrote:
I agree with the part about the time out, but who in here has any room to judge Pat Summit's coaching calls? I'm sure she had her reasons, which none of us know. Give her the credit she deserves

How can you agree with me and then in the same breath say I have no room to to question a PS call? Aren't you doing the exact same thing by agreeing with me? Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I'm not judging anything. I'm wondering why would she call that TO, as I guess many are wondering or wondered. The woman is a legend, but she's also human so I can question anything that I choose amongst fellow human beings because we can all make mistakes. So unless she's Christ in drag, I think that I have the liberty to wonder about a decision or two of hers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: