Board Junkies Forums

KV gets offer sheet...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/06/05 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I wouldn't count Houston out just yet.

I don't think Anna is tradebait... but things may have changed.

True. I hope that Anna isn't tradebait. I don't mind if the #3 pick is...and maybe another player.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 03/06/05 8:33 pm    ::: Re: Kamila Vodichkova Not Matched? Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
But funny how so many fool Storm Fans bashed Sheri Sam for not being worth 70k, also called her greedy/selfish/questionable character for her thinking that she might be worth that much, yet Kamila is somehow worth the max for 3 years. Razz

If Kamila wore dreads the answer would be different.

Kamila should have been resigned too... Right now Seattle's backup Center is the yet to be signed Simone Edwards. Their starting SF is Alicia Thompson and her backup is Adia Barnes. Next year, one of their backups will probably be taken in the Expansion Draft. Yep, that lineup should be competitive for years to come... Confused

I have no problem with Seth Sulka signing Kamila to a 3 year deal... As I said before, they can just leave her unprotected in the Expansion Draft if she doesn't work out. Basically, what Seattle should have done... Especially since they had the money after losing Tully and Sam. Exclamation

What exactly is Donovan saving her money for? It obviously wasn't for Lennox, because the papers reported that she low-balled her Shocked Maybe a Margo Dydek or Svetlana Offer?

inky

PostPosted: 03/06/05 8:36 pm    ::: Re: Kamila Vodichkova Not Matched? Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

If Kamila wore dreads the answer would be different.

And this means...? Storm fans love Kamila because she was the teams first #1 pick. She's been with the team and the fans since forever. Storm fans love Simone Edwards, who is very dreadlocked in case you haven't noticed, just as much as they love Kamila--maybe even more. They were relieved when she made the team last year, which was about 3 years after the league's talent surpassed hers, and many fans are still hoping Donovan will re-sign her, veteran salary or not, despite the total lack of common sense that implies.

BTW, I haven't heard too many Storm fans bashing Sheri Sam for being greedy. Most Storm fans are still bashing Sam for leaving Sales open in Game 2. The rest of them are bashing her for spending August in Greece instead of working like the rest of the team.

momma hoops

PostPosted: 03/06/05 11:56 pm    ::: Re: Kamila Vodichkova Not Matched? Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Admiral_Needa"][quote="pilight"]
Admiral_Needa wrote:

What exactly is Donovan saving her money for? It obviously wasn't for Lennox, because the papers reported that she low-balled her Shocked Maybe a Margo Dydek or Svetlana Offer?

My gosh hope not. Well, at least I hope she's not trying to woo Margo Dydek - I can't imagine her fitting into the Storm.

PostPosted: 03/07/05 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LOL...I cannot imagine Margo Dydek fitting in with any WNBA team.

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/07/05 12:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Going OT: Where do we think Seth Sulka was today?

A. Home
B. At the Ohio State-Minnesota Game
C. At the TCU-Louisville Game
D. At the Duke-Maryland Game
E. Other

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/07/05 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seth was supposed to be at the ACC Tournament on Saturday, but doesn't look like he made it.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/07/05 12:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

E. Chillin' @ Majerlie's!

LOL!

wadethered

PostPosted: 03/07/05 3:42 am    ::: Re: Kamila Vodichkova Not Matched? Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Admiral_Needa]What exactly is Donovan saving her money for? It obviously wasn't for Lennox, because the papers reported that she low-balled her Shocked Maybe a Margo Dydek or Svetlana Offer? [/quote]

Oh, GOD no! Don't scare me like that! I'd take Svetlana in a heartbeat, give Sue Bird someone from her college days to pass to. I would have to think that Svet would be a better player with Sue. But no, I will not even entertain the notion that Donovan wants Margo Dydek. Ughhh....

boogiezen

PostPosted: 03/07/05 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coach ANNN....Where are you?? What the fuc* is going on with Seattle?

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 03/07/05 12:22 pm    ::: Seattle Storm did not match the contract offer Reply Reply with quote

boogiezen wrote:
Coach ANNN....Where are you?? What the fuc* is going on with Seattle?

Quote:
The Phoenix Mercury signed center Kamila Vodichkova as a restricted free agent. The Seattle Storm did not match the contract offer.

http://www.wnba.com/transactions/WNBA_2005.html

Anne's needs to hire a recruiter... she can't retain anybody! Shocked

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 03/07/05 1:57 pm    ::: Re: Kamila Vodichkova Not Matched? Reply Reply with quote

wadethered wrote:
[quote="Admiral_Needa]What exactly is Donovan saving her money for? It obviously wasn't for Lennox, because the papers reported that she low-balled her Shocked Maybe a Margo Dydek or Svetlana Offer?

Oh, GOD no! Don't scare me like that! I'd take Svetlana in a heartbeat, give Sue Bird someone from her college days to pass to. I would have to think that Svet would be a better player with Sue. But no, I will not even entertain the notion that Donovan wants Margo Dydek. Ughhh....[/quote]

I'd never trade for Margo, but then again, it's not like Seattle has any tradeable assets anymore to use now that Kamila and Sam are gone... (Great job Anne Idea) But if all it takes is money to get Margo, why not? Seattle should have plenty of it now that they've let Kamila, Sam and Tully go, and got Lennox to sign a low-ball offer sheet.

If I had to decide on a Center rotation of Janell Burse/Simone Edwards or Burse/Dydek, I'd choose the latter hands down. Shocked

I can't imagine MIN not re-signing Abrosimova, but I can always dream Razz MIN has proved themselves this year and last that the GM knows how to play Screwball. Idea If it turns out they don't want her, they'll just resign her and trade her later, or let her be picked in the Expansion Draft so they can protect an extra player (once a player gets picked, the team can protect an extra). That's the way you play the Screw Razz

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/07/05 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, I'll take the other side (since the rumors have her going to CT), I'll take Margo (assuming contract is no issue) on my team.

She's still a defensive presence, and with the right power 4, who is a low post offensive player to enable Margo to play high post, she could be a good fit.

In CT for example, Taj/Asjha are far more effective in the low post on offense, but they need that defensive backstop for people that use their quickness on Whalen, or get buy a Sales gamble.

The big question in my mind is would she hustle out on the break? If Mike T. is going to run, then she's gotta run.

inky

PostPosted: 03/07/05 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anne Donovan is in the best position of anyone in the league to assess Kamila Vodichkova's value over three years. Idea She probably even knows more about Kamila's health and potential for productivity than Admiral Needa, if you can bring yourself to imagine a thing like that. Idea

If she felt that Vodichkova wasn't worth the Storm paying the max for 3 years, then she's probably right.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 03/07/05 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Okay, I'll take the other side (since the rumors have her going to CT), I'll take Margo (assuming contract is no issue) on my team.

She's still a defensive presence, and with the right power 4, who is a low post offensive player to enable Margo to play high post, she could be a good fit.

In CT for example, Taj/Asjha are far more effective in the low post on offense, but they need that defensive backstop for people that use their quickness on Whalen, or get buy a Sales gamble.

The big question in my mind is would she hustle out on the break? If Mike T. is going to run, then she's gotta run.

If CONN has the money, again, why not? The Expansion Draft provides a sizeable parachute in case Margo doesn't fit on the team. SASS played a running offense with Pee Wee and Marie, which is why Adams kept Margo on the bench---because she couldn't run. Of course, it was Adams' coaching, so that's not exactly proof that she's incapable of fitting into a running system which Whalen operates....

Even so, I would still sign Margo if I was CONN. She'll at least be an asset you can trade for something else...

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/07/05 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the question is what do you have to give up to get her; she was cored.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/07/05 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA.com now confirms that Vodichkova is going to Phoenix.

http://www.wnba.com/transactions/WNBA_2005.html

PostPosted: 03/07/05 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
the question is what do you have to give up to get her; she was cored.

Not sure... I would probably give up a draft pick, considering I expect CONN to be a perennial playoff contender for a while, meaning that that pick would always be low. Confused

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/07/05 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

not to mention makes picks like Ugo Oha!

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 03/07/05 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

inky wrote:
Anne Donovan is in the best position of anyone in the league to assess Kamila Vodichkova's value over three years. Idea She probably even knows more about Kamila's health and potential for productivity than Admiral Needa, if you can bring yourself to imagine a thing like that. Idea

If she felt that Vodichkova wasn't worth the Storm paying the max for 3 years, then she's probably right.

lol, if Herrade was here, she'd probably comment on how so many fool Storm Fans like to put themselves in an panopticon, or maybe something more Antonio Gramsci-esque, like their tendency towards self-subordination to TPTB (aka, sucking up big time, lol Razz).

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/07/05 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
lol, if Herrade was here, she'd probably comment on how so many fool Storm Fans like to put themselves in an panopticon

No, I doubt she would. Why would she care about what Storm fans think? Still, continue your petty little tirade because it's made all the more amusing by the fact that you are widely reviled by many Storm fans.

Anyways I look forward to Kamila in Phoenix and I know there's more to come.
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/07/05 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

So do I. I'm not sure what the "more to come" part is, but I sure as heck am looking forward to Kamila playing for the Mercury.

Now, if only Maria would come back and the Mercury draft Sandora.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/07/05 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
Quote:

So do I. I'm not sure what the "more to come" part is, but I sure as heck am looking forward to Kamila playing for the Mercury.

Now, if only Maria would come back and the Mercury draft Sandora.

Don't be greedy! Laughing

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 03/07/05 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
lol, if Herrade was here, she'd probably comment on how so many fool Storm Fans like to put themselves in an panopticon

No, I doubt she would. Still, continue your petty little tirade because it's made all the more amusing by the fact you are widely reviled by many Storm fans.

What the hell are you talking about Keegan?? Exclamation

I generally ignore the opinions you post, so I have no idea how you think you're involved or what you're referring to Idea

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/07/05 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Don't be greedy! Laughing

Very Happy

I just want Phoenix to win the WNBA Championship. Is that so bad?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: