RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota vs Iowa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanyogan

PostPosted: 01/22/06 4:12 pm    ::: Minnesota vs Iowa Reply Reply with quote

Gophers getting screwed on the fouls. 14 -5.

PostPosted: 01/22/06 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fouls evened out in the end. Gophers came out with a good run in opening minutes.

Gophers win 80 - 68.

6' - 6" freshman Skouby of Iowa continues to shoot over the top of everybody. 20 points, 4 rebs against a solid Gopher post squad. Again, she shot right over the top of everybody...

PostPosted: 01/22/06 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good win for the Gophers and a great present for Calhoun to remember her last day in Iowa city by.

Want your bad romance

http://www.elyricsworld.com/bad_romance_lyrics_lady_gaga.html
accommodatingly

PostPosted: 01/22/06 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gopherfan wrote:
Good win for the Gophers and a great present for Calhoun to remember her last day in Iowa city by.

April was great-- as usual this year, she did everything except score. And Williams got better at defending Skouby as the game went on-- we made Skouby settle for hook shots and midrange attempts. (Of course, some of them went in, but hook shots are hard to defend-- cf Brooke Smith.)

Great halftime adjustments by Pam. Gophs' first half shot selection sucked rocks. Second half = much better.

Also of note: Iowa's short bench means they get tired in the second half, and Iowa's mentality, this year as last, is that when they're behind late in a game everyone expects Crystal Smith to take over and do everything. This only works when Smith's long-range jumpers are falling.

I believe this one's the Gophs' best road win this year. (The win over Virginia wasn't exactly a road win-- it was on a neutral court.)

boilerjay

PostPosted: 01/22/06 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't help but wonder what Purdue would be like this season had Megan Skouby chosen Purdue over Iowa. Sad Both of Skouby's parents are Purdue grads. Confused

gopherfan

PostPosted: 01/22/06 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
April was great-- as usual this year, she did everything except score. And Williams got better at defending Skouby as the game went on-- we made Skouby settle for hook shots and midrange attempts. (Of course, some of them went in, but hook shots are hard to defend-- cf Brooke Smith.)

I agree and April really doesn’t need to score when she doing the little things. Williams kind of scared me for a while, while Jamie was out she was having a hard time scoring and causing turn over even with Lacey in but yea she defiantly played better in the second half. I was really impressed with Krista VandeVenter performance tonight she did really good against Bolden.

Want your bad romance

http://www.elyricsworld.com/bad_romance_lyrics_lady_gaga.html
vanyogan

PostPosted: 01/22/06 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gopherfan wrote:
Quote:

I agree and April really doesn’t need to score when she doing the little things. Williams kind of scared me for a while, while Jamie was out she was having a hard time scoring and causing turn over even with Lacey in but yea she defiantly played better in the second half. I was really impressed with Krista VandeVenter performance tonight she did really good against Bolden.

I think Iowa played a heck of a game. I disagree in that the Gophers never really had an answer to Skouby. They should have been able to push her away from her spots, but maybe nobody knows what those are yet.

All in all I think the rodents beat Iowa off the bench. They just wore them down a bit...

Gophers played 11 players in the first half and I think 10 in the second half.

Borton is getting good at subing in the right players to close out a game.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: