RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Georgia @ Tennessee
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullsky

PostPosted: 01/12/06 7:22 pm    ::: Georgia @ Tennessee Reply Reply with quote

I haven't seen the Bulldogs this year but wow, what a start for Georgia! Considering their injury woes they have shown good things so far. Sherill Baker may be playing herself into the late first round. And Darrah has improved. Now I remember how good Tasha is! Oh, and of course Hardrick Shes my favorite of them all!

PostPosted: 01/12/06 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baker and Humphrey are my faves on that team. They're the big-time players. Smile Baker's the best defender in the nation, hands down!

Miss Inconsistent (Chambers) just stroked one.

Mathies to LA 2013
Keegan

PostPosted: 01/12/06 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baker is an interesting player - lightning quick, good passer, iffy outside shot, decent handle from what I can recall. The iffy outside shot prevents her from being Kedra mark II but I had the thought she should try to make it as a 1 in the WNBA.

Kendrick is another interesting one - she's got the tools but has never really taken it to the next level.
mikey87

PostPosted: 01/12/06 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

43- 38 at the half, I think that right now the pace is in GA's favor we have to cut down on the turnonvers and get the ball into TASHA more this game is not ouf of reach.

bullsky

PostPosted: 01/12/06 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikey87 wrote:
43- 38 at the half, I think that right now the pace is in GA's favor we have to cut down on the turnonvers and get the ball into TASHA more this game is not ouf of reach.

I agree. Georgia's shooting went cold and instead of sending it into the post they kept jacking up shots. Thats their one weakness, shot selection. Although im sure Tasha would say that not basket in the post is very easy against the Lady Vols.

PostPosted: 01/12/06 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
mikey87 wrote:

I agree. Georgia's shooting went cold and instead of sending it into the post they kept jacking up shots. Thats their one weakness, shot selection. Although im sure Tasha would say that not basket in the post is very easy against the Lady Vols.

I am not watching the game tonight, but that sounds a lot like what happened in the game early against Baylor. Georgia killed themselves by not getting the ball in the post.

bullsky

PostPosted: 01/12/06 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sweet touch pass from Parker to Anosike!

PostPosted: 01/12/06 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay this is getting just weird! The two best post players in the game have made the two best passes! Humphrey with a behind the back to Baker in fast break for a bucket. Georgia climbs from down 13 to 6.

PostPosted: 01/12/06 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1 point game! This is exciting basketball for Bulldog fans!

PostPosted: 01/12/06 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well I still luv my dawgs regardless great games by both TASHA and BAKER, I think the depth and height relly hurt GA but once they get that they will be very hard to beat but great game by VOLS, and go DAWGS

LdyVolsFn

PostPosted: 01/12/06 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee wins again........Parker's boxscore is pretty good. Zolman decided to play since it wasn't UConn on the other end. Pretty balanced tonight. Will definetly need that against Duke.

sambista

PostPosted: 01/12/06 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

that was sweet. and i love listening to mowins & antonelli.

"you canNOT teach that. that is INstinct!"

"run the clock down, give parker the ball and get out of the way!"

PostPosted: 01/12/06 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hate losing, but I cannot really complain about much in this game. UT played extremely well, and UGA played with a lot of heart and poise. Parker was fantastic. That's the type of play that lives up to the hype. Humphrey and Baker played their hearts out. I cannot wait for the rematch in Athens.

PostPosted: 01/12/06 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great effort by Georgia (namely Humphrey and Baker). Excellent job by all the Lady Vols tonight! My question is: if Candace Parker is this good now, how good can she be in three years? Shocked SCARY GOOD!

Mathies to LA 2013
bullsky

PostPosted: 01/12/06 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikey87 wrote:
well I still luv my dawgs regardless great games by both TASHA and BAKER, I think the depth and height relly hurt GA but once they get that they will be very hard to beat but great game by VOLS, and go DAWGS

No doubt! Great effort by Georgia. I just wish Darrah didnt foul out so early. Having her on the floor helped their post offense and without her, Humphrey was alone. But thats just how the chips fall. Georgia played right with the Vols tonight and Tennessee played one of their best games of the season...

PostPosted: 01/12/06 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[if Candace Parker is this good now, how good can she be in three years? SCARY GOOD!quote]

I was wondering if Parker may be a case where she is already so good starting out that the room for improvement may not be as great. I'm sure some skills such as handle and maybe long range shot may improve, but her post skills and rebounding are already amazing. People may knock her for not improving, but she is just already that good!!![/quote]

sambista

PostPosted: 01/12/06 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Great effort by Georgia (namely Humphrey and Baker). Excellent job by all the Lady Vols tonight! My question is: if Candace Parker is this good now, how good can she be in three years? Shocked SCARY GOOD!

SCARY good. and i agree that georgia played with a lotta heart. a really great game.

PostPosted: 01/12/06 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
mikey87 wrote:

No doubt! Great effort by Georgia. I just wish Darrah didnt foul out so early. Having her on the floor helped their post offense and without her, Humphrey was alone. But thats just how the chips fall. Georgia played right with the Vols tonight and Tennessee played one of their best games of the season...

agreed now I take my comment back we played with them regardless of our lack of depth, I luv this team hopefully we're not punished in the polls that much if DARRAH and CHAMBERS can stay out of foul trouble just think of how good this team will be even though we are thin in the post GA will be hard to beat GO DAWGS

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 01/12/06 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee's scoring:

CP- 26pts 10reb 5ast.
ZO-17pts 6reb
SS-17pts 3reb
AH-12Pts 7reb
NA-9pts
BENCH-13pts[/b]

That's my girl Very Happy

CKent

PostPosted: 01/12/06 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Too much height. Too much depth. Too many turnovers at key stretches. Georgia giving up that 7-0 run right after they had cut it to one and had picked up a fourth foul on Hornbuckle was just killer. Killer. Still, this is about as positive as I've felt after a loss in a long time. Georgia's agenda right now is trying to become a much better team in March than they were in December...and tonight's game was a big jump in that direction. Having four games against Tennessee and LSU is hopefully going to forge this team's steel and aid them greatly in the postseason.

Candace Parker. Wow. The thing is, that was a very "quiet" 20-plus points...not a lot of highlight reel stuff. What's going to happen when she starts asserting herself and taking over games? Such poise and grace. Elgin Baylor powerful and George Gervin smooth. She's going to be scary good (great minds thinking alike, sebibb and bballfan2005). One of the best ever in orange, possibly.

Much love to Tasha and Bake for putting the team on their shoulders and almost getting them to the promised land. Let's see what happens in Athens next month. I'm optimistic.

sambista

PostPosted: 01/12/06 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CKent wrote:
Candace Parker. Wow. The thing is, that was a very "quiet" 20-plus points...not a lot of highlight reel stuff. What's going to happen when she starts asserting herself and taking over games? Such poise and grace. Elgin Baylor powerful and George Gervin smooth. She's going to be scary good (great minds thinking alike, sebibb). One of the best ever in orange, possibly.

well, for the record, i wasn't the first one to say "scary good," but i'm sure it'll be repeated ad nauseum over this young woman's career. as for quiet, she always plays like that, doesn't she? deceptively so. i don't know if we're gonna see an "assertion mode." this may be it.

PostPosted: 01/12/06 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
CKent wrote:
Candace Parker. Wow. The thing is, that was a very "quiet" 20-plus points...not a lot of highlight reel stuff. What's going to happen when she starts asserting herself and taking over games? Such poise and grace. Elgin Baylor powerful and George Gervin smooth. She's going to be scary good (great minds thinking alike, sebibb). One of the best ever in orange, possibly.

well, for the record, i wasn't the first one to say "scary good," but i'm sure it'll be repeated ad nauseum over this young woman's career. as for quiet, she always plays like that, doesn't she? deceptively so. i don't know if we're gonna see an "assertion mode." this may be it.

BUT HOW ABOUT HUMPHREY AND PARKER TO ME THEY ARE 2 OF THE TOP 10 PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE AND IN WCBB PERIOD, AND BAKER HAS REALLY STEPPED IT UP THIS YEAR WE CAN STILL DO SOME THINGS

bullsky

PostPosted: 01/12/06 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When are Georgia's posts due back? And who will be back this season?

PostPosted: 01/12/06 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
When are Georgia's posts due back? And who will be back this season?

THEY WILL ALL BE BACK NEXT YEAR, AND THERE IS A REALLY GOOG CHANCE THAT RUSSELL WILL COME BACK

DARRAH
HUMPHREY
ROBINSON
RUSSELL? MAYBE

AND WE COULD LAND JASMINE DUFFEY WHO IS 6''7 FROM HERE IN GA. WE ARE GOOD NOW BUT JUST THINK OF WHEN WE GET OUR HEIGHT BACK WE'LL BE DAMN GOOD THEN.

GO DAWGS

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 01/12/06 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
CKent wrote:

Yeah she does always play like that. It kind of reminds me of how Semione Augustus gets her points. I watch her and think, wow she had a pretty quiet game. Boxscore goes up and the girl has damn near 30!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: