RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Some Intriguing Things (to me) I plan to keep an eye on

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyperetic

PostPosted: 04/30/24 7:45 pm    ::: Some Intriguing Things (to me) I plan to keep an eye on Reply Reply with quote

1. SkyDiggs on the same team as Jewell Loyd and Nneka Ogwumike
(YouTube training camp vid looks promising)
2. Keeping an eye on the state homie, Marquesha Davis. See how she develops.
3. See what's popping in Chi-town with Angel Reese, Kamilla Cardoso, with TSpoon as coach. Has Teresa mellowed any?
4. Are there any surprises this season? Will an unknown stand out?
5. Yeah, yeah, I'll be keeping an eye on Caitlin too.

It might just be me but something about this upcoming season just seems out of the ordinary other than the increased hype.
ClayK

PostPosted: 05/01/24 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good list ...

I hope it does live to the hype. It would be great fun.

PostPosted: 05/01/24 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks are going to surprise alot of people.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/01/24 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm really curious to see which Tina Charles will show up in Atlanta. If it's MVP Tina then the Dream will be a handful. If it's Entitled Tina that we saw the last few years then they might miss the playoffs. Atlanta has the widest range of possible outcomes in the league.

PostPosted: 05/01/24 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I mean video doesn't tell the whole story but the Lynx camp was a lot less energetic than I thought it would be....
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/01/24 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Three most exciting teams to watch: Chicago, Indiana and Phoenix. Of these 3, I expect Chicago to have the hardest time finishing close games and Phoenix will make the biggest jump. New leadership in Phoenix have quickly righted that ship.

Not impressed with the Marquesha pick and not expecting much there. I don't think the Liberty got better and will be hard pressed to come in 2nd - despite the fact that so many of us WNBA original fans are rooting for them to get their 1st championship.

~rAf
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 05/01/24 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Three most exciting teams to watch: Chicago, Indiana and Phoenix. Of these 3, I expect Chicago to have the hardest time finishing close games and Phoenix will make the biggest jump. New leadership in Phoenix have quickly righted that ship.

Not impressed with the Marquesha pick and not expecting much there. I don't think the Liberty got better and will be hard pressed to come in 2nd - despite the fact that so many of us WNBA original fans are rooting for them to get their 1st championship.

I think Davis has the chance to be a good addition for the Liberty, she's already a better defender than the starting guards Laughing From the small social media vids I've seen she seems to be attacking the rim and fitting in nicely. Her games reminds me of a young K. Copper. With the right coaching and vets she could be a nice role player at the least imo.

PostPosted: 05/02/24 12:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

I think Davis has the chance to be a good addition for the Liberty, she's already a better defender than the starting guards Laughing From the small social media vids I've seen she seems to be attacking the rim and fitting in nicely. Her games reminds me of a young K. Copper. With the right coaching and vets she could be a nice role player at the least imo.

PostPosted: 05/02/24 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Calling her a better defender than the starting guards is a pretty low bar. I'd call her "Betnijah light" or about even with guards off the bench.

~rAf
PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/02/24 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Calling her a better defender than the starting guards is a pretty low bar. I'd call her "Betnijah light" or about even with guards off the bench.

There have been a few impact players picked at 11 - Shavonte Zellous, Kiah Stokes, Briana Turner. Penny Taylor and Chelsea Gray are real stars picked at 11.

But you are much more likely to get a Sasha Goodlett or Abby Meyers, or Bria Holmes or Kelly Faris or Kiersten Bell or Summer Erb or Kitjia Laksa or etc., etc.

Expecting a the 11th pick to make any kind of difference, especially as a rookie, is significantly overestimating the depth of almost any draft class.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/02/24 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

There have been a few impact players picked at 11 - Shavonte Zellous, Kiah Stokes, Briana Turner. Penny Taylor and Chelsea Gray are real stars picked at 11.

But you are much more likely to get a Sasha Goodlett or Abby Meyers, or Bria Holmes or Kelly Faris or Kiersten Bell or Summer Erb or Kitjia Laksa or etc., etc.

Expecting a the 11th pick to make any kind of difference, especially as a rookie, is significantly overestimating the depth of almost any draft class.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/02/24 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

It is perhaps worth noting that none of the listed players were stars as rookies

PostPosted: 05/02/24 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Even in the NBA, teams need to mess up in order to get a star at #11. Gray falling to 11 is crazy.

PostPosted: 05/02/24 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Even in the NBA, teams need to mess up in order to get a star at #11. Gray falling to 11 is crazy.

She was coming off a very serious knee injury. There was concern she might not be able to play the same way she had.

PostPosted: 05/03/24 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m intrigued to see how T spoon manages the egos of Mabrey , Chennedy Carter , Diamond Deshields , Angel Reese & Cardoso Laughing

PostPosted: 05/03/24 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I’m intrigued to see how T spoon manages the egos of Mabrey , Chennedy Carter , Diamond Deshields , Angel Reese & Cardoso :lol:

I'm intrigued by why you find it "intriguing." I'm pretty sure only one of those players has anything on their CV that even hints at justifying the belief that any of their "egos" gets in the way of their ability to play winning team basketball.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
jap

PostPosted: 05/03/24 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
I’m intrigued to see how T spoon manages the egos of Mabrey , Chennedy Carter , Diamond Deshields , Angel Reese & Cardoso Laughing

I'm intrigued by why you find it "intriguing." I'm pretty sure only one of those players has anything on their CV that even hints at justifying the belief that any of their "egos" gets in the way of their ability to play winning team basketball.

Chennedy: "You could NOT even possibly be talking about Little Ole ME!!!" Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: