Draft Grades
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/28/24 1:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Ugggh, Wings should get an F. Sheldon is a tweener. 3.5 assists in college does not make a WNBA pg. the 2 is covered w Arike and Lou Lopez. Where and when exactly is she gonna play? Are they gonna start her over Dangermouse and Burton? Why not sign Odyssey who is coming off a 2nd place AU showing and is from the DFW?

Leaving Edwards on the table is dumb, and the Wings are gonna regret it especially when playing the Mystics. Sabally signed for 1 year. I believe Howard’s contract is up after this year. Sabally just had shoulder surgery. The Wings have 3 centers. Howard and Sabally, if Sabally is able to play and produce given she had SHOULDER SURGERY. Sabally last year played at the 3. This year then there is Howard and a hampered Sabally to play 3 and 4 w siegrist as a backup. Next year both Sa and Howard could be gone. The Wings will go into the draft with a critical need of power forward, and they through away Aliyah Edwards to get a 3rd in line 2/pg who is not truly a pg.

Now mind you, the Wings had the 9th pick and coulda got Dyasia or Muhl or Osborne w/o choosing a tweener to serve as pg.

Don’t know where all the love for Sheldon comes from. In my book the Wings get an F.

Who says shes going to make the team ? Who also says she gets minutes Laughing Laughing I get it you want a reaction from me by bashing the wings , but let it go . We don't care Laughing Laughing Aaliyah Edwards was never on our radar we need guards we have bigs specifically a POINT GUARD that's Big aka 5'10 Jacey Sheldon Cool You also realize we only have enough cap space to keep 1 rookie right ? So yes sheldon may have been there at 9 but we can only sign 1 newbie so why not take her at 5 because she was our PRIORITY since day one. That french player at #9 you will not see this season whomever we chose at #9 would not be seen this season so what are you saying ?

Dude, where am I bashing you? Are you Greg Bibb? I am bashing the dumb-assery that is Bibb. And like I mused about Sabally’s shoulder before, he should’ve known., I’ve never seen someone have shoulder surgery and resume play in 3 months-let alone return to 100%. Now the Wings don’t have Saball until after the Olympic break, who are they gonna play there-sea-breeze?

And like I said Sheldon is a tweener. She’s not even a true pg. wtf are you drafting someone for who gets 3.5 assists per game in college as your pg. that shouldn’t be in the assessment. It shouldn’t matter!!! Bibb knew his situation in the front court. 3 centers and Howard and Sabally who aren’t committed beyond this year. Oh, and again, he knew Sabally had shoulder surgery like 2 months ago.

It’s stupid in a deep draft that you’re not taking potential superstars in Edwards or Reese. Yes, Angel has question marks but watching Iowa v. LSU, you could feel the difference after she reinjured her ankle. The girl has some sort of super power.

Just watch next year in The draft when ESPN commentators are gonna be saying that the Wings need to shore up their backcourt.

Oh, and how do we keep number 9, let her compete for a spot. Soares was not impressive in the FIBAs. And she’s the 3rd center. Maybe draft someone, bring them to camp and let them compete for a spot.

Don't sweat it. The Wings are banking on getting Paige Bueckers in the draft next year. If you don't want Paige you could always draft Kiki Iriafen. Everyone knows that the Chicago Sky will be the WORST team in the league in 2024 Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: