RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#1 Iowa vs #1 South Carolina - 4/07/24
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Iowa
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
South Carolina
71%
 71%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 14

Howee

PostPosted: 04/07/24 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As Pat said: "Rebounds win championships". SC already had 12 o-boards in the first half. Shocked

PostPosted: 04/07/24 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Excellent pass by Clark to Stuelke.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 04/07/24 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gamecocks extend their lead to 9 68-59 through 3 periods of play. Freshman Tessa Johnson leading the Gamecocks with 15 pts on 6-9 shooting, 3-5 from beyond the arc...

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/07/24 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was weird how Affolter fell.

Was that really a foul on Johnson? I just saw the very, very end of it.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/07/24 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iowa is going to see Kitts in their nightmares!!

Double double.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/07/24 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And SC are going to see threes going in in their nightmares.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/07/24 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Affolter dribbling down the court forgot that virtually everyone on South Carolina is significantly faster running than she is dribbling.

lvf08

PostPosted: 04/07/24 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cardoso is a beast

tfan

PostPosted: 04/07/24 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Appeared that Cardoso fouled by pushing in that offensive rebound. Looking forward to Brionna Jones and others pushing back against Cardoso in the WNBA.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/07/24 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Appeared that Cardoso fouled by pushing in that offensive rebound. Looking forward to Brionna Jones and others pushing back against Cardoso in the WNBA.

That was what I thought to, but I wasn't sure if maybe she was getting pulled backward.

Game's over.

lvf08

PostPosted: 04/07/24 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats Dawn and SC!

Richard 77

PostPosted: 04/07/24 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to SC. Not the ending I was hoping for. Not for the bracket, but sad that Iowa’s season had to end this way.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 04/07/24 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am pleased with this outcome.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 04/07/24 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gamecocks win their 3rd National Championship and first ever undefeated season with the 87-75 win over Iowa. Freshman Tessa Johnson led the way with a career high 19 pts on 7-11 shooting, 3-5 from the 3-pt. line. Kamilla Cardoso added 15 pts on 7-14 shooting, with 17 rebounds. Cardoso had 29 pts, 31 rebounds, and 6 blocks in the two NCAAT games versus Iowa over these last two seasons.....

The Gamecock bench out-scored Iowa's reserves 37-0 today. Just impossible to win games with that kind of disparity....

That's it for another exciting WCBB season! See y'all next November!!

Last edited by Conway Gamecock on 04/07/24 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/07/24 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clark, you will get a championship in the future. Your basketball career is not over yet.

PostPosted: 04/07/24 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stat I noticed quickly. Bench scoring was 37-0. That seems a bit hard to overcome even with a generational player

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 04/07/24 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
And SC are going to see threes going in in their nightmares.

Or maybe in their DREAMS!! Very Happy The Gamecocks out-shot Iowa from the 3-pt. line......

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 04/07/24 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In the first period, Caitlin Clark was 5-8 from the field, 3-4 from the arc, and 5-6 from the line for 18 pts. After that, she was 5-20 from the field, 2-9 from the arc, and perhaps more importantly 0-0 from the line, to score 12 points. I'd say the defensive effort on her was ultimately a great success.....

Howee

PostPosted: 04/07/24 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very well-played. Frankly, I didn't expect it to be as close as it was. Kudos to the Gamecocks.

Iowa has nothing to hang their heads about. They had a phenomenal season, and overachieved, going much further than I anticipated.

PostPosted: 04/07/24 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Too much talent. Undefeated. And South Carolina proved why. Great season for Iowa. Back to back finals is HARD.

Dawn Staley always the CLASS ACT and one of the BEST ever. As a player and a coach.

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
pilight

PostPosted: 04/07/24 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
In the first period, Caitlin Clark was 5-8 from the field, 3-4 from the arc, and 5-6 from the line for 18 pts. After that, she was 5-20 from the field, 2-9 from the arc, and perhaps more importantly 0-0 from the line, to score 12 points. I'd say the defensive effort on her was ultimately a great success.....

Staley is very good at making defensive adjustments, which is very funny if you remember how she was as a player.

PostPosted: 04/07/24 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to South Carolina. Amazing job by the whole team. An undefeated season is special.

Dawn is far and away my second favorite coach. Wink

PostPosted: 04/07/24 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:

Staley is very good at making defensive adjustments, which is very funny if you remember how she was as a player.

People who are students of the game never stop learning and growing.

PostPosted: 04/08/24 1:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TechDawgMc wrote:
Stat I noticed quickly. Bench scoring was 37-0. That seems a bit hard to overcome even with a generational player

Given that Clark has been so good and even got them to the championship game last year, I am surprised that some top Power 5 Conference players didn't transfer to Iowa to play with Clark and try and win it all. That entire team is mid-western players (with the exception of one from Colorado). The two transfers they have are from Central Michigan and Iowa State. They had no equivalent to PaoPao coming from Oregon or Cardoso from Syracuse.

boogiezen

PostPosted: 04/08/24 2:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
pilight wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:

People who are students of the game never stop learning and growing.

Not all the time. Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, they are not good.

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: