RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#3 Louisiana St vs #1 Iowa - 4/01/24
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/31/24 10:20 am    ::: #3 Louisiana St vs #1 Iowa - 4/01/24 Reply Reply with quote

NCAA Tournament - Albany 2 Regional Final
Albany, NY - 7:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN (Ryan Ruocco, Rebecca Lobo)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/9e6eb197-61ad-4819-b284-0b10c384b0a5#bucketId=7958 (tvpli)

Audio:
https://hawkeyesports.com/hawkeye-radio-network/

Live stats:
https://www.ncaa.com/game/6284825

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 04/02/24 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 03/31/24 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The NCAA got the rematch of last year's final. That is what they hoped would happen. My only question is will the ratings be as high as last year's game because tomorrow night's game will be on ESPN and not ABC TV.

PostPosted: 03/31/24 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My opinion, as always, is that the previous year's finalists should always be on opposite sides of the bracket

PostPosted: 04/01/24 7:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lindsay Schnell is taking LSU

Quote:
Call me a Louisiana hot sauce fan. I’m picking LSU in this one.

Yes, Caitlin Clark is a tremendous player. But she can’t win this game by herself, and LSU knows it. The Tigers also know that outside of Clark, the best scorer in the history of college hoops, LSU is superior at every position in both athleticism and skillset.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaw/2024/04/01/march-madness-lsu-angel-reese-to-beat-caitlin-clark-iowa/73162429007/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Howee

PostPosted: 04/01/24 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know this is one of *those* games where I'll be very happy to begin watching well after the game starts - these games that are over the top with their hyperbolic hype and hoopla are precisely why God invented the "Fast Forward" button. Cool

PostPosted: 04/01/24 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Heart is with Iowa; Money is on LSU.

Only the return of Jesus would be a greater miracle.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/01/24 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Q1 🎆🧨
lvf08

PostPosted: 04/01/24 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh no, Reese

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 04/01/24 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What is with Mulkey’s outfit? It looks rather subdued 😀

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/01/24 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lvf08 wrote:
Oh no, Reese

She seems fine

PostPosted: 04/01/24 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Q2 = 🫷🏻
tfan

PostPosted: 04/01/24 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iowa lost in the championship game but got no transfers and no big recruits. Clark is again pulling along a bunch of nobodies.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/01/24 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clark's team are far from nobodies. They are all very good shooters, the most important thing in basketball, and they all have high offensive IQ's. Their weakness is that they are a little slow on defense, so they play zone a lot.

From what I've seen this season, Sydney Affolter is even better than the injured Molly Davis.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/01/24 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Being able to shoot is cool but being able to defend and rebound tends to be valuable too.

PostPosted: 04/01/24 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Flau’jae is a gem.

PostPosted: 04/01/24 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Clark's team are far from nobodies. They are all very good shooters, the most important thing in basketball, and they all have high offensive IQ's. Their weakness is that they are a little slow on defense, so they play zone a lot.

From what I've seen this season, Sydney Affolter is even better than the injured Molly Davis.

Which ones were McDonald's all-Americans? Which ones will get drafted in the WNBA? I think if Clark was on Nebraska or Michigan or Michigan State or Maryland they would still be in this game.

People like to say that Diana Taurasi played with nobodies and won two titles. But four of her teammates played in the WNBA and one was invited to a WNBA camp. Clark only has one teammate this year that might get the attention of the WNBA: Stuelke

Last edited by tfan on 04/01/24 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/01/24 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a fun game to watch.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
pilight

PostPosted: 04/01/24 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pretty sure five of Taurasi's 03-04 teammates played in the W: Battle, Crockett, J Moore, Strother, Turner.

PostPosted: 04/01/24 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Van Lith has sucked tonight.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/01/24 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Pretty sure five of Taurasi's 03-04 teammates played in the W: Battle, Crockett, J Moore, Strother, Turner.

I thought that Wilnett Crockett (currently an assistant coach at USC) only got invited to training camp. But basketball reference does show her playing 5 games with Phoenix in 2008.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/01/24 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Which ones were McDonald's all-Americans? Which ones will get drafted in the WNBA?

Just because players aren't elite enough to be among the two handfuls of players who make the WNBA each year does not mean they are not very effective college players, much less "nobodies."
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/01/24 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why didn't they look at this when it happened instead of waiting until the dead ball after the NEXT dead ball??

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/01/24 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Martin's good.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 04/01/24 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Which ones were McDonald's all-Americans? Which ones will get drafted in the WNBA? I think if Clark was on Nebraska or Michigan or Michigan State or Maryland they would still be in this game.

People like to say that Diana Taurasi played with nobodies and won two titles. But four of her teammates played in the WNBA and one was invited to a WNBA camp. Clark only has one teammate this year that might get the attention of the WNBA: Stuelke

But that’s only because the talent in the W is much better now.

And don’t forget, Taurasi was also playing with a bunch of freshman/sophomores too.

Diana’s best WNBA teammate ended up being Battle, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Stuelke has a better career than that.

That being said, Diana definitely had the better coach…

Happy for Caitlin though, glad she took out Mulkey on her way to the final four. I want Phoenix to draft HVL so her and Brit can go on a “this is how we really feel about Kim” tour.

PostPosted: 04/01/24 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iowa may have a lot of players who are far from stars, but at least they don't have a Van Lith.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: