RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Bracketology

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/11/06 4:58 pm    ::: Bracketology Reply Reply with quote

Charlie Creme's first bracket is out

No. 1 - UNC, Tennessee, LSU, Duke
No. 2 - UConn, Ohio State, Maryland, Baylor
No. 3 - Purdue, Oklahoma, Rutgers, Depaul
No. 4 - Georgia, Michigan State, Arizona State, Stanford

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology

bullsky

PostPosted: 01/11/06 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did Creme go to Stanford or is he just really optimistic? I can't see 2 Pac-10 teams in the top 16....

PostPosted: 01/11/06 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
Did Creme go to Stanford or is he just really optimistic? I can't see 2 Pac-10 teams in the top 16....

Exactly. I would put MN in ahead of Stanford.

PostPosted: 01/11/06 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe I'm missing something or I don't understand. He put Purdue in caps which meant automatic bid, which means he's choosing them (at this point) to be the Big 10 champs, correct? So how does Ohio State still get seeded higher than Purdue? Confused Looking for a little clarification...please.

PostPosted: 01/12/06 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

desafiada6 wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something or I don't understand. He put Purdue in caps which meant automatic bid, which means he's choosing them (at this point) to be the Big 10 champs, correct? So how does Ohio State still get seeded higher than Purdue? Confused Looking for a little clarification...please.

Since Purdue beat Ohio State during the regular season, they probably think Purdue would beat Ohio State in the Big 11 tournament which would give them the automatic bid. I know nothing about who has the better SOS, or who has the better quality wins, but they are probably basing it on those things. Who has the higher RPI, who has more top 10 and top 25 wins. Who each team has played. The only thing the automatic bid means is winning the Big 11 tournament.

desafiada6

PostPosted: 01/12/06 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

umbeta1455 wrote:
desafiada6 wrote:

Since Purdue beat Ohio State during the regular season, they probably think Purdue would beat Ohio State in the Big 11 tournament which would give them the automatic bid. I know nothing about who has the better SOS, or who has the better quality wins, but they are probably basing it on those things. Who has the higher RPI, who has more top 10 and top 25 wins. Who each team has played. The only thing the automatic bid means is winning the Big 11 tournament.

Right, I understand the automatic bid part BUT I did forget they use RPI and all that other stuff. THANKS!! Smile

PostPosted: 01/13/06 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

desafiada6 wrote:
umbeta1455 wrote:
desafiada6 wrote:

Right, I understand the automatic bid part BUT I did forget they use RPI and all that other stuff. THANKS!! Smile

No prob. I had to observe for a while to understand it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: