RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#5 Marquette vs #1 Connecticut - 3/10/24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/10/24 1:49 am    ::: #5 Marquette vs #1 Connecticut - 3/10/24 Reply Reply with quote

Big East Tournament - Semifinal
Uncasville, CT - 2:30 PM ET

TV: Fox Sports 1 (John Fanta, Kim Adams)

Video stream:
https://www.foxsports.com/live/fs1 (tvpli)

Audio:
https://thevarsitynetwork.com/audioapplink/source/oas-1502/content/uconn:allaccess-Live-6462

Live stats:
http://bigeast.statbroadcast.com/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
singinerd54

PostPosted: 03/10/24 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No Edwards. I don't immediately see the severity of the injury or how long she may be out (I didn't see the very beginning of the game, either). Anyone have intel?

singinerd54

PostPosted: 03/10/24 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
No Edwards. I don't immediately see the severity of the injury or how long she may be out (I didn't see the very beginning of the game, either). Anyone have intel?

Just heard broken nose. Announcer said she hasn't been ruled out for tomorrow, though who knows if that's accurate.

singinerd54

PostPosted: 03/10/24 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ugly, ugly, ugly.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/10/24 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
singinerd54 wrote:

Just heard broken nose. Announcer said she hasn't been ruled out for tomorrow, though who knows if that's accurate.

They can probably easily beat MU without her today. A whole 5 points in the quarter for MU - wow.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 03/10/24 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They don't need Edwards.......

singinerd54

PostPosted: 03/10/24 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Paige in superhero/superhuman mode. How long can she keep that up? How long will we need her to keep it up?

Brady has improved (and yes, Glenn, I know that's a low bar Laughing ).

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/10/24 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mid-2Q: UConn shooting badly, but Marq shooting abominably. 21-11.

KK now on bench with three fouls. UConn now has 6 players.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/10/24 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

31-20 at half. A sort of strange, low scoring game. Frenetic defenses. Lousy 3pt shooting. Marq can't score in the paint (4 pts.). Bueckers often playing the 5 on offense and defense, making a few circus drive shots and getting 9 rebounds.
mercfan3

PostPosted: 03/10/24 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
Paige in superhero/superhuman mode. How long can she keep that up? How long will we need her to keep it up?

Brady is playable now. Which is far better than where she was.

PostPosted: 03/10/24 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

3Q: Paint Bueckers with 21-10, her first dubdub of the season. Yes, Brady is playing better than I would have suspected, mainly by not making a bunch of dopey fouls and turnovers and defending well.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/10/24 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Desperation and necessity finally inject some concentrated CC's into Paige Bueckers' brain, and she responds with 27 pts (11-16, 3-5), 12 rebs, 4 assists, 4 blocks and 3 steals.

Marq scoreless in Q4.
singinerd54

PostPosted: 03/10/24 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
singinerd54 wrote:

Brady is playable now. Which is far better than where she was.

Yeah, I made light of this, but it's actually pretty important and powerful: Brady played all 40 minutes and was solid throughout. To think that early in the season, it was rough to have her in for 3 minutes, seeing this performance is pretty special and encouraging.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/10/24 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The big east is sad . 0 points in a 4th quarter meanwhile Paige scores 27 while Marquette only manages 29. This is not a good conference at all this season and these wins should be taken with a grain of salt when it’s comes to try competition tbh I’d be concerned .

PostPosted: 03/10/24 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Total rout of an inept opponent, who was totally unable to produce at all in the final period, and Bettencourt only plays 3 minutes for Beuckers.

Interesting......

linkster

PostPosted: 03/10/24 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette is Massey No 34. They were ranked by the AP during the season. They were 3-0 against P5 teams Illinois, BC and Arkansas. Offense hasn't been a strong point for them but UConn played an outstanding defensive game with their AA post on the bench with a broken nose. What impressed me was UConn's intensity on the defensive end. That was a huge amount of energy expended for a 6 player rotation.

Brady didn't post numbers but she played 40 minutes and was a strong presence in the paint. Bueckers did what she has always done in big games.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/10/24 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Paige apparently jumped center at the beginning of the game and won the tap. I didn't see the first few minutes because FS1 was showing car racing.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/10/24 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Marquette is Massey No 34. They were ranked by the AP during the season. They were 3-0 against P5 teams Illinois, BC and Arkansas. Offense hasn't been a strong point for them but UConn played an outstanding defensive game with their AA post on the bench with a broken nose. What impressed me was UConn's intensity on the defensive end. That was a huge amount of energy expended for a 6 player rotation.

Brady didn't post numbers but she played 40 minutes and was a strong presence in the paint. Bueckers did what she has always done in big games.

Massey is a messs clearly . The little east has 1Formidable team and that’s UCONN and even I would not be surprised with a 2nd round exit for them .Paige could never play center in the SEC / PAC 12 or ACC. It’s mockery that people see and yet choose the spin effect of #Dominance Surprised Laughing Surprised hey ESPN.

PostPosted: 03/10/24 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
linkster wrote:

Massey is a messs clearly . The little east has1 Formidable team and that’s UCONN and even I would not be surprised with a 2nd round exit for them .

I thought Creighton might be at least a tad competitive against UCONN but they look like they are going to be upset by Georgetown.

I expected MU to get blown out but the total offensive ineptitude was incredibly depressing. Hard to get excited about a possible NCAA Tourney bid at this point - will be sure to be one and done. They started 4 seniors - I hate to think of how much worse things are going to be next year.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/10/24 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
linkster wrote:

Massey is a messs clearly . The little east has1 Formidable team and that’s UCONN and even I would not be surprised with a 2nd round exit for them .

I thought Creighton might be at least a tad competitive against UCONN but they look like they are going to be upset by Georgetown.

I expected MU to get blown out but the total offensive ineptitude was incredibly depressing. Hard to get excited about a possible NCAA Tourney bid at this point - will be sure to be one and done. They started 4 seniors - I hate to think of how much worse things are going to be next year.

The little east will be even “littler” Very Happy Very Happy I won’t even give smaller the disrespect lol.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: