RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#2 Louisiana St vs #1 South Carolina - 3/10/24
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/10/24 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reese had a foul early in the 4th that was legit a foul.

At 7:29, Kim was pissed about something, but I don't know what.

I hate YouTube TV. I keep getting kicked out and have to restart.

There was one time, 3:41 where Morrow fell down in the lane, but it looked more like both players were leaning on the other and the USC player stepped away and Morrow fell.

Looked like there was a lot of contact at 2:53, but it was a mass of bodies and I couldn't really see much.

ON USC's prior trip down the floor, Hall scored and said something to Flau'jea. Flau'jae kind of swiped her arm at the player.

Morrow got knocked down by Cardoso at 2:19.No call.

Then, 2:08 happened.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/10/24 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just watched the last 15 minutes of game time twice.

From Kim's post game comments I was expecting to see a lot of jersey pulling, arm grabbing, shoulder bumps after plays, etc. Crap stuff.

There wasn't any of that. She was saying that the refs let it get out of control. I didn't see anything like that. I wouldn't say that this was on the refs.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
boogiezen

PostPosted: 03/10/24 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LOL when Reese pulled Cardoso's hair I felt the nostalgia. Lauren vs. Lisa.

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
Howee

PostPosted: 03/10/24 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
There was also the 3 seconds (more like 10) that Cardoso was in the lane that didn't get called.

Now THAT rule needs some serious attention. I don't mean in just this game - I've been noticing this is ignored in a LOTTA games, lately.

PostPosted: 03/11/24 12:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG4ever wrote:

MULKEY: "It's ugly, it's not good, no one wants to be a part of that, no one wants to see that ugliness" she said. "But I'll tell you this, I wish she would've pushed Angel Reese. If you're 6-8 [6-7], don't push somebody that little. That was uncalled for in my opinion. Let those two girls who were jawing, let them go at it."

This pisses me off. Flaujae committed a dirty foul, then pushed Kamilla's teammate in front of her. Kamilla pushed her back - defending her teammate. Not saying what Kamilla did was right, just that she didn't "choose" which player to push - it was the player who'd just pushed her teammate. Kimmie needs to shut her trap and control her own players. Her team got outplayed.

~rAf
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 03/11/24 2:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
If Mulkey had just stuck to the point she made about the refs swallowing their whistles in the fourth and therefore losing control of the game, she would have been fine! Because she's right about that- both teams are going to foul your ass, and they will do whatever the refs let them get away with. But then she brought up the point quoted below, and uh:

a) so you want to put your star player at risk of ejection and suspension just for a more satisfying fight?
b) reports were that Reese has a bum ankle, so, Kim, really, you want to put your star player at risk of injury as well as ejection and suspension?
c) Reese's reaction to the whole thing was to walk herself over to the furthest possible seat from the shenanigans, so clearly even if Kim wants smoke, Reese does not

You may recall or not, but in the first game in Baton Rouge, Reese dealt with severe leg cramping before she fouled out. She even was seen asking to be taken out of the game at one point, and Mulkey wouldn't do it, before finally calling a timeout just to give Reese a chance to hydrate.

I noticed in that game that Reese starting moving about the court rather sluggishly....she would run down the court real stiff-legged, not bending at the knees, and commented on that in that game's thread. I started noticing Reese moving like that again in this game, especially in the 4th qtr. So when the tussle took place Reese took the opportunity to go to the bench and immediately start hydrating like she did in the previous game.....

mercfan3

PostPosted: 03/11/24 6:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
Queenie wrote:
If Mulkey had just stuck to the point she made about the refs swallowing their whistles in the fourth and therefore losing control of the game, she would have been fine! Because she's right about that- both teams are going to foul your ass, and they will do whatever the refs let them get away with. But then she brought up the point quoted below, and uh:

a) so you want to put your star player at risk of ejection and suspension just for a more satisfying fight?
b) reports were that Reese has a bum ankle, so, Kim, really, you want to put your star player at risk of injury as well as ejection and suspension?
c) Reese's reaction to the whole thing was to walk herself over to the furthest possible seat from the shenanigans, so clearly even if Kim wants smoke, Reese does not

You may recall or not, but in the first game in Baton Rouge, Reese dealt with severe leg cramping before she fouled out. She even was seen asking to be taken out of the game at one point, and Mulkey wouldn't do it, before finally calling a timeout just to give Reese a chance to hydrate.

I noticed in that game that Reese starting moving about the court rather sluggishly....she would run down the court real stiff-legged, not bending at the knees, and commented on that in that game's thread. I started noticing Reese moving like that again in this game, especially in the 4th qtr. So when the tussle took place Reese took the opportunity to go to the bench and immediately start hydrating like she did in the previous game.....

Kim Mulkey’s treatment of her players is something…

PostPosted: 03/11/24 8:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I would not allow my daughter (well, now my granddaughter) to EVER play for that woman!

PostPosted: 03/11/24 8:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I would not allow my daughter (well, now my granddaughter) to EVER play for that woman!

PostPosted: 03/11/24 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kim is a really good coach. She normally has control of her players but no one can control spur of the moment action that occur in a competitive game like this one. I respect both SC and LSU coaches and programs, would love it if Mississippi State had either of them for our head coach. I just hope we see these two teams play again in the Big Dance.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/11/24 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I'm starting to think that a lot of people are going to find Reese a lot more likeable once she's away from Mulkey.

PostPosted: 03/11/24 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I'm starting to think that a lot of people are going to find Reese a lot more likeable once she's away from Mulkey.

Angel felt the need to explain why she didn’t get involved after her coach’s words. She did the right thing and fuck Mulkey for making her feel otherwise..

PostPosted: 03/11/24 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Angel felt the need to explain why she didn’t get involved after her coach’s words. She did the right thing and fuck Mulkey for making her feel otherwise..

I remember while watching thinking "lets see how the Angel haters spin her being the only player on the floor with the maturity and common sense to walk away from the conflict into her being a bad teammate" and it turns out to be her coach who throws her under the bus.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/11/24 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I remember while watching thinking "lets see how the Angel haters spin her being the only player on the floor with the maturity and common sense to walk away from the conflict into her being a bad teammate" and it turns out to be her coach who throws her under the bus.

Ooohh, Jeezus. Now we're spinning our wheels in Drama-Land. Rolling Eyes

Kim DID say something unecessary and stupid.

Kim did NOT throw her under the bus. She did NOT say, "Dammit, Angel shoulda gone over and decked Kamilla, and she's a wuss for not doing it!"

What I heard her say was, "Shame on Kamilla for pushing a smaller player. She'd never have tried that with Angel." Not a necessary comment, but ALSO....it was NOT egging Angel into anything.

These spin-offs on Kim's comments are beginning to remind me of how MAGAts foam at the mouth over Trump's inanely stupid comments. Laughing

PostPosted: 03/11/24 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Kim did NOT throw her under the bus. She did NOT say, "Dammit, Angel shoulda gone over and decked Kamilla, and she's a wuss for not doing it!"

What I heard her say was, "Shame on Kamilla for pushing a smaller player. She'd never have tried that with Angel." Not a necessary comment, but ALSO....it was NOT egging Angel into anything.

These spin-offs on Kim's comments are beginning to remind me of how MAGAts foam at the mouth over Trump's inanely stupid comments. Laughing

Ok threw her under the bus but be a bit much but how about not mention the one player who didn’t act the fool instead of call her out by name. Your take might be more accurate to what Kim was trying to say but it is still pulling Angel in when unnecessary.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/11/24 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Howee wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Ok threw her under the bus but be a bit much but how about not mention the one player who didn’t act the fool instead of call her out by name. Your take might be more accurate to what Kim was trying to say but it is still pulling Angel in when unnecessary.

THAT'S true: Angel didn't need to be mentioned at all OR Kim could have praised her actions afterward. But we all know Kim's penchant for saying The Wrong Thing; no shocks there. IMO, if there was ANY good from it, it was that Angel proved herself to be - literally - above the fray.

PostPosted: 03/11/24 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Never underestimate Kim Mulkey’s ability to make a situation worse.

I wish I had said that!!!!!!

Quote:
There’s a discussion to be had about the referees letting it get to that point.

Was the officiating really that bad? What did I miss? The hair pulling was bad, but that was HER player!!!!! Mulkey mentioned the 4th quarter, but I didn't see anything so bad. If Mulkey thought that the officiating was that bad, she should have pulled her team off the court and had a chat with those in charge.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/nancy-armour/2024/03/11/kim-mulkey-made-player-fight-worse/72935946007/

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/11/24 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boogiezen wrote:
LOL when Reese pulled Cardoso's hair I felt the nostalgia. Lauren vs. Lisa.

Yesss you too Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/11/24 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of the significant moments for me after the game was a shot of Dawn Staley talking to Flaujae Johnson and it looked so much like a big sister to little sister talk, not rival coach to an opposing player that had started a fight.

https://www.on3.com/college/south-carolina-gamecocks/news/south-carolina-dawn-staley-shares-post-game-moment-lsu-flaujae-johnson-following-fight-sec-championship/

PostPosted: 03/12/24 7:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From bringing Cordoso’s fam over, to her handshake line chat with Johnson, to her apology for the ‘incident’, to her non-blaming explanation of why these things happen, I’m definitely warming up to Dawn.

PostPosted: 03/12/24 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

after the FIBAs incident and this incident, it appear a characteristic that people can claim to be KCs reputation now.

i don't hate it, but that hopefully won't be how she is labeled.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 03/12/24 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
after the FIBAs incident and this incident, it appear a characteristic that people can claim to be KCs reputation now.

Dawn should highly encourage her to take some anger management classes. This would help her to identify her emotional triggers so she won't react in a negative manner.

PostPosted: 03/12/24 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:

Dawn should highly encourage her to take some anger management classes. This would help her to identify her emotional triggers so she won't react in a negative manner.

Kim would just tell Dawn where Dawn could go. Laughing

PostPosted: 03/13/24 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good article.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2024/03/kim-mulkey-lsu-south-carolina-scuffle

Milks26

PostPosted: 03/13/24 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I love Cardoso. But she needs to take an Anger Management class very soon. She had a recent altercation in the FIBA competition and now this. Opposing coaches and players will feast on this weakness until she is able to fix this issue.

Not only Cardoso. But Dawn has to check Watkins and Fulwiley now. I've been watching them all season and I knew this type of incident was coming sooner or later. Yes, you get hype up during the game but there's something...

If Watkins didn't run up and yell in Johnson's face none of this would've happened.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: