RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#2 Louisiana St vs #1 South Carolina - 3/10/24
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/10/24 1:44 am    ::: #2 Louisiana St vs #1 South Carolina - 3/10/24 Reply Reply with quote

SEC Tournament - Championship
Greenville, SC - 3:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN (Courtney Lyle, Carolyn Peck)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/c8be018f-7890-48c2-9291-573e85cc9ea8 (tvpli)

Audio:
https://img.leanstream.co/IM1702-MP3

Live stats:
https://statbroadcast.com/events/tournament.php?tid=217

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 03/10/24 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Janae Kent penciled as a starter for LSU, I guess in place of Poa, who started previously in place of Williams? The LSU bench is VERY thin.....

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/10/24 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ESPN stating Aneesa Morrow is the next Lecoe Willingham and that’s a compliment but I feel they are shortening Morrows abilities. I see more of a Tina Thompson she’s that good .

PostPosted: 03/10/24 3:01 pm    ::: Re: #2 Louisiana St vs #1 South Carolina - 3/10/24 Reply Reply with quote

That sequence where Angel Reese gets three o-bounds and gets repeatedly blocked by Cardoso standing with arms straights up. That's exactly what Angel in the WNBA will be like. Too much height for her to make all those put backs.

~rAf
jap

PostPosted: 03/10/24 3:31 pm    ::: Re: #2 Louisiana St vs #1 South Carolina - 3/10/24 Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
That sequence where Angel Reese gets three o-bounds and gets repeatedly blocked by Cardoso standing with arms straights up. That's exactly what Angel in the WNBA will be like. Too much height for her to make all those put backs.

She will simply have to learn to adjust then, won't she? Other players have done so. What can:t she?

PostPosted: 03/10/24 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. That LSU possession from about :50 to :15. What a disaster. Just dribbling away time, missed layups, o boards, missed layups, teammates fighting for the ball, turnover.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/10/24 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We got it going now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 03/10/24 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's a rumble now......

Last edited by Conway Gamecock on 03/10/24 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/10/24 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We got it going now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cardoso is gonna get tossed. Possibly Flaujae too.

Loved how Suffern just walked out of the mess.

There were two that came over the table.

Last edited by Ex-Ref on 03/10/24 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/10/24 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Flau'jae's bro taken out in handcuffs.

Suffern has a big piece of paper to make notes on!!!!

This might get sorted out by dinner time.

Flau'jae's bro might be out of jail before play resumes.

Last edited by Ex-Ref on 03/10/24 4:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/10/24 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So many long eyelashes in the SEC. Maybe it's all those Moon Pies and RC.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/10/24 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It looks like every SC player left the bench. I haven't seen so much of LSU's bench.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/10/24 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So do they also miss the next game??

Just got my answer. Yes, they miss the next game.

WOW!!!!!!!! Just fucking WOW!!!!!!!!!! Don't remember ever seeing anything like this before.

EDIT: Only Cardoso misses the next game.

Last edited by Ex-Ref on 03/10/24 4:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 03/10/24 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

6 Gamecocks left to finish the game. Only 5 left for LSU to finish. Here we go......

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/10/24 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Think there will be a handshake line?? Laughing Laughing

If I had to pick two teams that would get into a skirmish, it would be these two.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/10/24 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do the ejected players get to come back on the floor for the party?

Nice Dawn apologizing.

Dawn just said that they don't get to come back out.

Last edited by Ex-Ref on 03/10/24 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 03/10/24 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

If I had to pick two teams that would get into a skirmish, it would be these two.

I went to my great nephew's high school basketball game and a fight did break out in the handshake line.

PostPosted: 03/10/24 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

I went to my great nephew's high school basketball game and a fight did break out in the handshake line.

That's crazy.

Thankfully things had cooled down by the end of the game.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/10/24 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now, THAT was interesting. Shocked

#1. Kim musta been on sedatives when she got dressed today. Looked GOOD!

#2. I was impressed with the Tigers' comeback, and equally impressed with SC's toughness.

#4. I'm dismayed at Cardoso's flagrant loss of her senses. Dawn certainly handled it appropriately. Among the 438 replays, I caught her look of absolute shock when Kamilla threw that punch - she just froze in place.

#3. Last game (TN) and this one makes SC look a smidge more vulnerable than many have been thinking. Can't argue against the obvious fact that they're undefeated, but they are NOT as dominant as they (and others) have been in the past when reaching the end-of-season with zero losses. It's a positive reflection on the improved depth of *our game* and its increased parity.

Gamecocks are clearly still the #1 overall, but....March's Madness? One can't bank on anything.

PostPosted: 03/10/24 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love Cardoso. But she needs to take an Anger Management class very soon. She had a recent altercation in the FIBA competition and now this. Opposing coaches and players will feast on this weakness until she is able to fix this issue.

PostPosted: 03/10/24 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cardoso, Mulkey, and Staley respond to the altercation today. One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong. Can you tell which thing is not like the other by the time I finish this song?

CARDOSO: (via social media) I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for my actions during today’s game. My behavior was not representative of who I am as a person or the South Carolina program, and I deeply regret any discomfort or inconvenience it may have caused. I take full responsibility for my actions and assure you that I am committed to conducting myself with the utmost respect and sportsmanship in the future.

MULKEY: "It's ugly, it's not good, no one wants to be a part of that, no one wants to see that ugliness" she said. "But I'll tell you this, I wish she would've pushed Angel Reese. If you're 6-8 [6-7], don't push somebody that little. That was uncalled for in my opinion. Let those two girls who were jawing, let them go at it."

STALEY: "I just want to apologize to the basketball community. You know when you're playing in championship games like this in our league, things get heated... I want to apologize for us playing a part in that, that's not who we are, that's not what we're about."

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/10/24 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Mulkey had just stuck to the point she made about the refs swallowing their whistles in the fourth and therefore losing control of the game, she would have been fine! Because she's right about that- both teams are going to foul your ass, and they will do whatever the refs let them get away with. But then she brought up the point quoted below, and uh:

a) so you want to put your star player at risk of ejection and suspension just for a more satisfying fight?
b) reports were that Reese has a bum ankle, so, Kim, really, you want to put your star player at risk of injury as well as ejection and suspension?
c) Reese's reaction to the whole thing was to walk herself over to the furthest possible seat from the shenanigans, so clearly even if Kim wants smoke, Reese does not

PostPosted: 03/10/24 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anybody know if the SEC has any rules on fights/ejections that go above the NCAA rules???

Could there be more to come out of this??

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/10/24 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kim was bitching about the lack of fouls being called in the 4th quarter. Apparently there was only 1 according to her. I know that Reese had a foul.

I went back and watched the game from 4-something in the third to the incident.

There were a couple of times I thought that maybe a foul could have been called and a couple of time that I thought that a foul should have been called.

There was some talking from USC to LSU players, but I think that history will show that LSU gives as good as it gets there.

I thought that the male ref maybe should have made a couple of called. Especially the one on the baseline where Reese got hacked across both arms.

There was also the 3 seconds (more like 10) that Cardoso was in the lane that didn't get called.

I don't think that it was that bad of officiating.

I'm gonna watch it again and see if I see anything else.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/10/24 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4:24 of the third, Cardoso and Reese were battling on the block on LSU's end. It looked like Cardoso pulled down Reese's arm with her left arm. Maybe could have called something there.

Then about 3:18, Morrow for LSU backed into the lane and a USC player went down. Hard to tell if it was a flop or a foul.

About 2:57, Watkins went over Morrow and tipped the ball away. Might have been contact, but it was hard to tell from the camera angle.

At 1:19 of the 3rd is when Reese's arms were hacked on the layup. It was Feagin. Should have been a foul there for sure.

That's it for the last five of the third. Not much there to bitch about.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: