RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Boston College and the ACC
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/11/06 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

O.G. wrote:
It's just a good old-fashioned warm welcome, ACC-style. I'm not surprised at all that both the men's and women's teams are struggling. Whose idea was all this conference-switching anyway???

THE FOOTBALL TEAMS!!!

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 01/11/06 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

O.G. wrote:
Whose idea was all this conference-switching anyway???

The football "gods" of this conference. Wink And what did we get in return? A crappy ACC championship football game to which I barely paid any attention. Laughing

In fact, the entire ACC football season stunk.

Mathies to LA 2013
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 01/11/06 6:56 pm    ::: Back to Boston College women's basketball... Reply Reply with quote

Back to Boston College and the women's basketball team in the ACC. Interesting to hear about Ress in relation to the BC post game without mention of Brooke Queenan who's having a year off the charts!. In our tournament victory over BC, Queenan is the one who gave us absolute fits out there. She's as tough as they come. With Monique being the ideal of toughness, Queenan is in the very next tier and there are very, very few players at her level of sheer will.

While the UVA defense might handle Ress, the Ress - Queenan combo might give them fits. It's the BC guard play that's holding them back. Perhaps it's a combination of graduation of the backcourt plus a history of speedier guard play in the ACC plus lack of familiarity with ACC teams and personnel. They will win some and lose some in the middle pack of ACC teams this season. The BC-UVA game appears to me to be a toss-up, with UVA having an edge due to the overall resurgence of the program and the energy sweeping through that program.

~rAf

~rAf
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 01/11/06 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey rAf...Queenan slipped my mind. Smile She's a force inside, no doubt. In fact, she was named ACC POW earlier this season. The combo of Ress and Queenan will be tough IF BC is allowed to turn the game into a half-court slugfest. However, I feel that Zoll, Williams & Co. will run on BC.

Mathies to LA 2013
ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 01/11/06 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I bet this is the time that the departure of Shameka Jackson hurts B.C. the most. Last year it stung, but they could really use her this year. She would have been good with last year's experience to learn from and step up into the spotlight. She can put the ball in the hoop and has some handle.

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 01/11/06 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

it'll be interesting to see how the conference switch plays out in terms of recruiting.... BC was never a huge draw... don't know that this will help'em. Inglese was not particularily happy with the switch. Anyone know what kind of recruiting class?

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: