RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#3 Mississippi vs #2 Louisiana St - 3/09/24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/08/24 11:29 pm    ::: #3 Mississippi vs #2 Louisiana St - 3/09/24 Reply Reply with quote

SEC Tournament - Semifinal
Greenville, SC - 7:00 PM ET

TV: ESPNU (Courtney Lyle, Carolyn Peck)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=361125c7-0687-4451-914f-cf3275858183 (tvpli)

Audio:
https://lsusports.net/live/

Live stats:
https://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=519229

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 03/09/24 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

36-28 LSU at the half

Morrow 10 pts, 9 reb, 4 ast

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/09/24 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Poa smashed her head on the ground after a collision under the basket in the fourth quarter. Tried to walk but collapsed. Taken off court on a stretcher with neck brace applied. Scary.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/09/24 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Poa smashed her head on the ground after a collision under the basket in the fourth quarter. Tried to walk but collapsed. Taken off court on a stretcher with neck brace applied. Scary.

Very scary..Gotta say that the medical team that came out did nothing to make me feel that she was getting great care.

The trainers should have been off the bench right away and not let the players lift her up. Then after they did, the trainer had the responsibility to not have her walk-carried off of the floor when Angel was basically holding her up. That was terrible!!!!!!

Then the two dudes that brought out the stretcher.... The one guy was more concerned with the sheet than anything. Then they have the stretcher up, then they put it down and then they needed to put it back up. Made me dizzy just thinking about it.

I was watching for a thumbs up and didn't see one. Not sure if that was because of her hands being strapped down or if Poa just didn't think about it.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
scullyfu

PostPosted: 03/10/24 7:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Very scary..Gotta say that the medical team that came out did nothing to make me feel that she was getting great care.

The trainers should have been off the bench right away and not let the players lift her up. Then after they did, the trainer had the responsibility to not have her walk-carried off of the floor when Angel was basically holding her up. That was terrible!!!!!!

Then the two dudes that brought out the stretcher.... The one guy was more concerned with the sheet than anything. Then they have the stretcher up, then they put it down and then they needed to put it back up. Made me dizzy just thinking about it.

I was watching for a thumbs up and didn't see one. Not sure if that was because of her hands being strapped down or if Poa just didn't think about it.

Agreed. First, I couldn’t believe Reese even tried to get her to her feet after seeing her hit her head that damned hard. But the fact that the trainers tried to get Pao to do that even after her knees were buckling was outrageous! Finally, the medics strolled out to put on a neck brace. Jesus H Christ, talk about incompetent.

The guy with the sheet was pissng me off. I kept wondering if he was ever going to lower the back, cuz no way a stretcher board was going to bend.

Hope her MRI doesn’t reveal any permanent damage. What a damn shame.

PostPosted: 03/10/24 8:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She was woozy from a concussion, so they took extreme precautions.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/10/24 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
She was woozy from a concussion, so they took extreme precautions.

I don't think woozy quite covers it.

I took a very similar hit many years ago. I was sliding in to home during a softball game and got slammed in the chest with a sweeping tag. I remember the ump looking at me asking if I was ok. I don't remember answering him. I remember him calling me out. The pitcher and catcher lifted my up, one with an arm under each armpit. i remember my legs unfolding beneath me, like a marionette.

Later, I remember reaching back to feel the back of my head. I could cup the lump with my hand not touching my head.

And if you think that she hit the hardwood and I hit the ground, don't be fooled thinking that dirt is softer. This was summer-baked clay that we played on. You could almost dribble the softballs on it.

Guaranteed her head, neck and shoulders are killing her today. If she was allowed to sleep at all, she slept like shit. Possibly sitting up, maybe in a recliner. My guess is that she has a strained neck, concussion, and a very large occipital hematoma.

Mulkey reporting that the scan came back negative, which is fabulous news!!!!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/10/24 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Agreed. First, I couldn’t believe Reese even tried to get her to her feet after seeing her hit her head that damned hard. But the fact that the trainers tried to get Pao to do that even after her knees were buckling was outrageous! Finally, the medics strolled out to put on a neck brace. Jesus H Christ, talk about incompetent.

The guy with the sheet was pissng me off. I kept wondering if he was ever going to lower the back, cuz no way a stretcher board was going to bend.

Hope her MRI doesn’t reveal any permanent damage. What a damn shame.

I was wondering the same thing. And why did he raise it to begin with? It was flat when they rolled out all of that equipment on it. I mean the same damn backboard that they were going to put on it, came off of it, so you know it was down when they brought it out.

I hope that she got better care at the hospital.

I also hope that each team's trainer gets even one minute during pregame to talk to the teams and tells them "Don't fucking help anyone up who has hit their head until I've been out to evaluate them first!"

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/10/24 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Absolutely the scariest thing I've seen in a long time. She should not have been lifted up AT ALL, She looked semi-conscious at best. Bad move by whatever passes for LSU's trainers. Kim and the trainers should have been out there immediately and not let her get up, and the EMTs (or whoever those lunkheads were) should have been out there within two or fewer minutes. I hope she's okay but I wonder if that hospital is up to par.....

PostPosted: 03/10/24 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was watching and really did not see the fall. I can see the players trying to help because they probably did not see the fall and just were offering assistance but the trainers should have been out there immediately. I remember when Bibby from Mississippi State sustained her knee injury and the opposing coach Dawn Staley was the first one to reach her. Dawn immediately called for trainers and Bibby was well cared for afterwards. We need more coaches like Dawn!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: