RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfer Portal 2023-24 and New Signees 2024-25
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 04/02/24 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Creighton's Emma Ronseik on the board.

Also Clara Strack is the latest VT player to enter, apparently with a "do not contact" designation. Gee, I wonder where she could be heading. Kenny Brooks is absolutely (rightfully) getting torched on social media. And it's not just Virginia, the whole country hates him right now.

I feel like von Oelhoffen is not the last Oregon State player to announce. I think it's even concievable that Reuck could be leaving at this point. Give a little credence to the Tennessee speculation.

Last edited by PickledGinger on 04/02/24 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
boogiezen

PostPosted: 04/02/24 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope Iowa can grab a PG.

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
PG4ever

PostPosted: 04/02/24 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
Shades wrote:
LSU got a commitment from a 6’5 G/F from Arkansas, Jersey Wolfenbarger.

I suspect she’s Reese-like.

I had a nice chat with Jersey and her parents at a game a couple years ago. Seemed like a great kid. I wish her well.

Speaking of Jersey's parents, she has two moms. I hope Mulkey doesn't encourage/expect Jersey to keep them on the DL.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/03/24 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tamari Key announced that she isn't coming back for her Covid year at Tennessee following the firing of Kellie Harper. Whether this means she is quitting basketball or entering the portal as a grad transfer wasn't clear from the announcement. It would be interesting to see if she follows Kellie somewhere or goes with her sister Teonni somewhere.

PostPosted: 04/03/24 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Kenny Brooks is absolutely (rightfully) getting torched on social media. And it's not just Virginia, the whole country hates him right now.

Not being on social media, I'm curious about why Brooks is getting torched. What did he do except change jobs, a normal life event for sports coaches and everyone else.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/03/24 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
Kenny Brooks is absolutely (rightfully) getting torched on social media. And it's not just Virginia, the whole country hates him right now.

Not being on social media, I'm curious about why Brooks is getting torched. What did he do except change jobs, a normal life event for sports coaches and everyone else.

Not here in Harrisonburg. We're happy for our former JMU coach. Only reason we wouldn't be is that we can't drive down I-81 to games any more.

PostPosted: 04/03/24 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

Not here in Harrisonburg. We're happy for our former JMU coach. Only reason we wouldn't be is that we can't drive down I-81 to games any more.

Take this with a huge grain of salt...It's mostly jilted fans BUT...many in Hokie Nation are convinced that Brooks was talking to KY while they were still playing in the tourney and they are incensed that he is decimating what is left of the program by poaching players. They call him Turncoat Kenny...Pretty standard stuff for a jilted fanbase

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 04/03/24 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charlisse Leger-Walker is in the portal, kind of mirroring the von Oelhoffen announcement.

Chance Gray, Grace Van Slooten and Kennedy Basham all leaving Oregon.

I respect everything Kelly Graves did while he still gave a crap, but it's been pretty clear this season that he doesn't. He needs to retire now so the next in line can have a shot at getting SOMETHING out of the transfer portal.

There's a lot of good players on the board, y'all. Can't wait to see how it shakes out. My only hope is that UW picks up a 4 who can contribute so they don't always HAVE to play 4 guards.

PostPosted: 04/04/24 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rikki Harris enters the portal

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-womens-basketball/2024/04/146492/ohio-state-women-s-basketball-guard-rikki-harris-enters-the-transfer-portal-after-five-years-with-the

eyevolley4

PostPosted: 04/04/24 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HVL in the portal.

Tara. Don’t be too proud. You need one year of HVL. I can not stomach another season without a dynamic guard. This one happens to know the ACC well.

PostPosted: 04/04/24 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
…the whole country hates him right now...

Not really Wink

mercfan3

PostPosted: 04/04/24 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
HVL in the portal.

Tara. Don’t be too proud. You need one year of HVL. I can not stomach another season without a dynamic guard. This one happens to know the ACC well.

Best decision for HVL. She needs to show what she can do, gets another year of NIL and gets away from Mulkey.

PostPosted: 04/04/24 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
eyevolley4 wrote:
HVL in the portal.

Best decision for HVL. She needs to show what she can do, gets another year of NIL and gets away from Mulkey.

I'm a little surprised, but maybe not really. After this last game, maybe she realized that Kim didn't have her best interests at heart.

PostPosted: 04/04/24 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's kinda of funny how Mulkey loved to use the line in every presser that HVL came to LSU because she wanted to learn how to be a point guard and now HVL is jumping ship...

tfan

PostPosted: 04/04/24 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Van Lith was a skilled high school phenom, but she's small and doesn't look to have great quickness to make up for it. Her shooting is OK I guess, but given those long hours in the high school gym with her dad and WNBA aspirations I would expect it to be better (.40 from two, .339 from three at LSU). SEC is the worst conference for her to excel, particularly in terms of moving to point guard. But I guess the best if trying to get good enough for a WNBA career at point guard, which I don't think she played much prior to LSU.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 04/04/24 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
eyevolley4 wrote:
HVL in the portal.

I'm a little surprised, but maybe not really. After this last game, maybe she realized that Kim didn't have her best interests at heart.

OMG. Kimmie set up HVL in the Iowa game. HVL looked incompetent as a PG and a total liability on defense. Putting her on the greatest offensive player the game has ever seen was definitely not in HVL's best interests.

~rAf
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/04/24 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As expected ...

Her + Clara Strack are a pretty handy couple of additions.

PostPosted: 04/04/24 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

3 Schools LSU Star Hailey Van Lith Could Transfer To

Howee

PostPosted: 04/04/24 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This transfer portal shit has KILLED Oregon. Kelly's now losing his 2 leading scorers Grace VanSlooten and Chance Grey (both from Ohio) and Kennedy (not the BIGGEST loss, but still had a good upside, imo) Miss Priscilla Williams is leaving too, but....no big loss - good luck to her in her FOURTH school.

NOW, Kelly needs to come up with some explanations to his fans. How do you go from National Title Contender to down the toilet in 4 short years? Shocked

Ima bit puzzled by Kenny's decision to leave VTech. He had a GREAT thing going, and now....he wants to rebuild all over again?

HVL: I can't imagine any Big School knocking down her door, but....what do I know? I can say this: if Kim somehow loses Flau'jae, she's up schitz creek in a leaky canoe.

PostPosted: 04/05/24 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
This transfer portal shit has KILLED Oregon. Kelly's now losing his 2 leading scorers Grace VanSlooten and Chance Grey (both from Ohio) and Kennedy (not the BIGGEST loss, but still had a good upside, imo) Miss Priscilla Williams is leaving too, but....no big loss - good luck to her in her FOURTH school.

NOW, Kelly needs to come up with some explanations to his fans. How do you go from National Title Contender to down the toilet in 4 short years? Shocked

Graves winning % in the years Fourtier and Campbell were his assistants is 77.8% in 14 seasons. His winning percentage without them is 58.5% in 13 seasons. Truth is he's always been just an ok coach unless he's had a killer assistant to do a lot of the development and recruiting.

PostPosted: 04/05/24 12:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okstateguy wrote:
Howee wrote:

Graves winning % in the years Fourtier and Campbell were his assistants is 77.8% in 14 seasons. His winning percentage without them is 58.5% in 13 seasons. Truth is he's always been just an ok coach unless he's had a killer assistant to do a lot of the development and recruiting.

Oh, I know Campbell's loss was big. However - and I've mentioned this before - Graves had great success at Gonzaga, long before Campbell was in the picture. HE KNOWS HOW TO COACH .... but I think he's relegating more and more to assistants, and not overseeing/assessing the ultimate quality of his squads.

Last edited by Howee on 04/05/24 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
okstateguy

PostPosted: 04/05/24 12:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
okstateguy wrote:
Howee wrote:

Graves winning % in the years Fortier and Campbell were his assistants is 77.8% in 14 seasons. His winning percentage without them is 58.5% in 13 seasons. Truth is he's always been just an ok coach unless he's had a killer assistant to do a lot of the development and recruiting.

You misread that. He was mediocre at Gonzaga until Fourtier showed up. He was great at Oregon until Campbell left. He isn't that good of a coach until he has an assistant that is, then he looks good until they leave.

Oh, I know Campbell's loss was big. However - and I've mentioned this before - Graves had great success at Gonzaga, long before Campbell was in the picture. HE KNOWS HOW TO COACH .... but is he relegating more and more to assistants, and not overseeing/assessing the ultimate quality of his squads.
v

I mentioned both Lisa Fourtier and Mark Campbell for a reason. He had only won 54% of his games at Gonzaga in the 7 seasons before he hired Fourtier. In his 7 seasons after hiring Fourtier, his winning percentage was 82%. She made him at Gonzaga like Campbell made him at Oregon. I stand by the opinion that he's average without an amazing assistant.

Last edited by okstateguy on 04/05/24 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/05/24 1:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
This transfer portal shit has KILLED Oregon.

If everyone seems to want out of somewhere, is the escape route the first place to be looking to place the blame though?

PostPosted: 04/05/24 1:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Howee wrote:
This transfer portal shit has KILLED Oregon.

If everyone seems to want out of somewhere, is the escape route the first place to be looking to place the blame though?

THIS! Graves blew that program up, not the transfer portal.

PostPosted: 04/05/24 2:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lisa Fortier was the assistant at Gonzaga thru most of Graves yrs and I think she did the primary recruiting including probably Sloot.....I'm not saying that Lisa is the greatest coach, but she does get the most out of her players, recruits solid people for her team, runs a very disciplined program and she had 4 seniors stay for their covid year and another Yvonne Ejim staying for her covid year next year and she is the Becky Hammon award winner and WCC player of the year. and could be playing professional......people seldom bolt from the program....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: