RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UConn-Seton Hall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/10/06 10:05 pm    ::: UConn-Seton Hall Reply Reply with quote

UConn turned a fifteen point lead at the half into a forty-point rout, as the Huskies defeated Seton Hall, 93-53. This is the same Seton Hall team that defeated Notre Dame in the last week.

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 01/10/06 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Strother and Thomas were on the bench for a good part of the first half because both had 3 fouls. Wolff really stepped up her play though, and I like what I saw from her, all in limited minutes.

O.G.

PostPosted: 01/10/06 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can see UConn getting a lot stronger after their 2 losses.

ucbart

PostPosted: 01/10/06 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

O.G. wrote:
I can see UConn getting a lot stronger after their 2 losses.

Renee Montgomery had her best game as a Husky. She was driving, hitting pull up jumpers, and hitting the three for 20 points. This girl has got some serious offense, and if she can give us about 10ppg, we're going to be a very tough out. Especially with Charde, Will, and Hunter all giving us good minutes in the post. Ann is just playing at a whole different level. For about 8 games in a row, I have seen erh literally telling her teammates what to do, and almost yelling at them on the court.

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 01/10/06 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Seton Hall hadn't just beaten Notre Dame, or if Notre Dame hadn't given Tennessee a genuine game, I'd dismiss tonight as another UConn blowout against another bad BE team.

As it is, I'd say tonight looked nice for the Huskies. (Yes, we watched the game, on the CPTV Internet feed.) Seton Hall's defense looked pretty bad, and Montgomery and Thomas both looked pretty good.

Is the new, bigger Big East more, or less, competitive? (My answer: we'll find out when we see UConn vs DePaul.)

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/10/06 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seton Hall beat Notre Dame, but they also lost to Hartford, Miami-Ohio, St. Peter's, and Florida International, among others. Let's not kids outselves about Seton Hall.

Grumps

PostPosted: 01/11/06 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Seton Hall beat Notre Dame, but they also lost to Hartford, Miami-Ohio, St. Peter's, and Florida International, among others. Let's not kids outselves about Seton Hall.

Seton Hall beat 1 team in the RPI top 50 and lost to 2 teams outside the top 200...Not what I would call a powerhouse...

Grumps

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/11/06 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No, SH was not in the same class as UConn.

But RENEE MONTGOMERY!!! What a a game. The girl was everywhere. Had a drive where the defender had all ball and she still muscled it up and in from the right side. Awesome game to see.

Skipping the big names....Hunter looked pretty fluid again when she was in. She seems to be getting more comfortable with that big 'ol brace. Wolff was palatable again, and chipped in 10. Just when I wrote her off, she's been solid the last few games....Crockett is still in her mid-winter blues. I wonder if the California kid can only play in April!

Taciturnus

PostPosted: 01/11/06 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Womenshoops says that Geno got his first technical of the season last night, but the ESPN box score doesn't list it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/boxscore?gameId=260102550

What happened? Can somebody clarify?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/11/06 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Taciturnus wrote:
Womenshoops says that Geno got his first technical of the season last night, but the ESPN box score doesn't list it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/boxscore?gameId=260102550

What happened? Can somebody clarify?

Yes he did; just pissed off and trying to stir things up. At halftime they asked Chris Dailey what he said and while laughing she said "I can't repeat those words"

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 01/11/06 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

not one to kvetch about reffing, the T was in response to a totally bogus call. I mean TOTALLY. It was Ann's 3rd. She was coming around from behind a player to front her. Dragged her hand along the body as 99.9% of players do. There was some movement of the jersey (the replay CLEARLY show how slight it was).

Foul.

Totally totally TOTALLY blown call by Tina.

And truly, i don't bitch about calls.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: