RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

So what does everyone think of REese getting sat down?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 12/02/23 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
It's come down to, "I really don't care, do U?" I'm already sick of the whole thing, sick of Kimmie and sick of Reese and sick of LS*pew*. I will root for them to lose every single time I can. That is all.

You are aware of the number of eyeballs that watched last season championship game? YOU might not care, but a lot people do care. Also to add, good drama always sells.

PostPosted: 12/05/23 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
I dont agree with Mulkey actions during this time but i also dont agree with ESPN blasting her all over the front page as if she's the only college coach that uses this same rhetoric cough cough Geno is in the same boat and they wouldn't dare post this type of article on their front page about him...wow ESPN this is an all time low wow.

https://andscape.com/features/lsu-coach-kim-mulkey-and-a-history-of-callousness/

A couple of genuine questions:
1) Is Andscape owned by or otherwise affiliated with ESPN? Says that the author is a freelance writer and hosts a podcast, if that matters. I do see the article is perhaps the eighth story down on the ESPN main page right now.
2) What coaches, Geno or otherwise, have acted in ways that you consider on par with Mulkey, and what did they do or say to make it on par in your eyes?

Funny how this went unacknowledged by OP... guess it's fine to just make things up when the URL provided does not not contain ESPN like at all.

Howee

PostPosted: 12/05/23 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
It's come down to, "I really don't care, do U?" I'm already sick of the whole thing, sick of Kimmie and sick of Reese and sick of LS*pew*. I will root for them to lose every single time I can. That is all.

You are aware of the number of eyeballs that watched last season championship game? YOU might not care, but a lot people do care. Also to add, good drama always sells.

Kudos, Rock....yours may be the most *informed* words I've read in this thread. Cool

I am very much convinced that all the vitriol and hate for Kimmy tells far more about the posters here than it can serve to paint a valid portrait of her. Razz Unless you've had a decent sit-down with the woman yourself, in person, offer your opinions with a caveat, please. "Writers" like Ken Makin (the 'andscape' article) who apparently invents shit from innuendo and gossip don't deserve their jobs.

Let me offer a variant perspective.
1. Mulkey has been a show-boater, way back when. That's an easy call. Some can pull that off, some can't. Ask Quentin Hillsman. Kim makes it work for her. Trust me, it's a calculated gambit, having her reputation precede her into any venue they play.

2. Stop already with the "she's cruel" baloney. Where the hell do you pull that shit from? "Like Bobby Knight"?? Rolling Eyes Never. How in god's name could she CONTINUE to recruit the caliber of players she gets (preps AND the portal) if that were true?

3. And here I thought the Britney Griner saga was over. How can any of you still sing that song? NEVER FORGET: Brit voluntarily attended Kim's prep-school camps. She KNEW who/what Kim was, and what Baylor was, and she still VOLUNTARILY PLAYED THERE. For 4 years. And there she earned an NC, and was the #1 draft pick. Brit owes KIM a lot, I'd say. And if Brit runs into legal troubles, Kim owes her nothing. Yeah, Kim coulda been more high-profile in her public support. But that's her choice, and you cannot know what informed her decision on how she'd handle that when it arose.

4. Re: Angel. The GPA theories don't wash, imo. And the apparent glee that it might be - Ooooh! - locker room problems? That's approaching a toxic level of schadenfreude. She was last year's Bad Girl, and in concert with Showboat Kim (who, for those of you who may need a memory jolt, played The Fat Cupcake slate last year, too), makes y'all wanna see failure. Especially after she had the balls to snag VanLith and Morrow, too! Laughing

5. IMO, the one who has the most to learn from all this is Angel herself. I doubt she had any clue how her meteoric rise to fame and fortune was the double-edged blade it always is. The higher/faster you rise (especially if you go the 'bad girl' route) the harder people wanna see you fall.

There's enough I don't like about Kim, starting with the fact that she's way too *maga* for me. Razz But this thread is about her coaching decisions and how she relates to the media. I don't see enough evidence to condemn her for how she's achieved her professional accomplishments; conversely, I CAN see how she's done tons to bolster *our game* in a positive way.

Last edited by Howee on 12/05/23 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 12/05/23 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@ThreeBall25: Andscape is, in fact, 'loosely' affiliated with ESPN. It was originally known as The Undefeated, and was conceived as being a version of ESPNW, but for Black people. The platform was initially conceived by Jason Whitlock, but he was ousted from the brand before it even got off the ground, when people started to catch on to how much of a fuckboi he is. I don't know to what extent the brand is still affiliated with ESPN, since I checked out of everything the Four-Letterâ„¢ does outside of live sporting events, ever since they released all the talent I give a fuck about (Bomani Jones, Jemele Hill, Dan LeBatard, Michael Smith, Katie Nolan, etc.)

@Howee: I, for one, am one hundred percent comfortable with what my vitriol for Kim Mulkey "says about me." I stand on bidness, as the kids say these days.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Michael

PostPosted: 12/05/23 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you Howee for some common sense on this. Mulkey is one of the 3 or 4 best coaches in WBBall EVER. Its hilarious that fans of Taurausi have the gall to hate on Kim for being outlandish. DT is, was, and always will be a punk. Her popping the collar and mocking the Army cadets in the NCAA game said all you need to know about how no class she is and the fact Geno let her get away with it says a whole lot about him and winning mattering over playing the game right. The same people trying to crucify Mulkey for not giving specifics about Angel's absence would be screaming even louder if Kim had said "Angel is having some mental health issues and needs time away from the game. Like it or not Mulkey took the heat and attention so Angel could step away for a week and get her mind right. Whether that was Reese's idea or Kim's reaction to a halftime locker room incident we likely will never know and frankly is none of anyone on here's "bidniss" Had the same situation come up with SCar not one of those haters would have said boo about it.

PostPosted: 12/10/23 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is not about Reese but Kateri Poole. Didn't know where else to post it. Mulkey said today that Poole is no longer with the team. This is what I thought would happen--Reese coming back and Poole not.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/11/23 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Question being WHY is Poole out? Of course Mulkey won't say. Watdh Xitter or Instagram for details, because I'm sure she'll spill.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: