RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfers out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 11/16/23 10:38 pm    ::: Transfers out Reply Reply with quote

Does anybody get more players transferring out than Oregon?

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/17/23 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Syracuse, a few seasons ago????

elsie

PostPosted: 11/19/23 1:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the players are lured in by the money, etc....only to find that they don't play....

there's a price to pay for going after money instead of a great experience.

eventually , recruits will learn.

GEF34

PostPosted: 11/19/23 1:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:
the players are lured in by the money, etc....only to find that they don't play....

there's a price to pay for going after money instead of a great experience.

eventually , recruits will learn.

It's not just money, you have many players that have people in their ears telling them they are better than they are and they should be playing more and playing ahead of this person and that person and the reality is they aren't as good as they think they are or people in their ears think they are. Not always the case, but there is a reason so many players are "left" in the transfer portal when all is said and done and they have no offers from the level they think the should be getting offers from.

Michael

PostPosted: 11/21/23 7:59 pm    ::: Re: Transfers out Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

Purdue has to be close.

PostPosted: 11/22/23 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:

Coincidentally, both situations involved Priscilla Williams.

I mean Oregon would have been her 3rd program in 4 years had she played. I can't say I'm like, shocked she's transferring again. She's a senior academically but because of COVID and injury still has 3 years of eligibility left. I hope she enjoys them in the Mid-Majors because I don't think a P5 school is gonna touch her at this point.

PostPosted: 11/23/23 12:17 am    ::: Re: Transfers out Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

There may be a school with more players transferring out, but I don't think there's any class of 'defecting' players WHO HAVE ALL LANDED AS KEY PLAYERS IN OTHER TOP P5 PROGRAMS.

3 years in a starting lineup: Jaz Shelly (Neb)

2 years in a starting lineup: Taylor Mikesell (Oh St) Sydney Parrish (IN), Maddie Scherr (KY) Kylee Watson (ND)

1 year in a starting lineup: Angela Dugalic (USC) Te'hina PaoPao (SC)

Most of those were part of the 5-man Top Ranked Recruiting Class (PaoPao, Parrish, Watson, Scherr and Dugalic). Oregon really bled out some high-level talent.

PostPosted: 11/23/23 2:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:

Coincidentally, both situations involved Priscilla Williams.

I mean Oregon would have been her 3rd program in 4 years had she played. I can't say I'm like, shocked she's transferring again. She's a senior academically but because of COVID and injury still has 3 years of eligibility left. I hope she enjoys them in the Mid-Majors because I don't think a P5 school is gonna touch her at this point.

She still listed on Oregon's roster and when I searched her name I didn't find anything of her transferring from Oregon, when did she announce she was transferring?

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 11/23/23 5:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So weird…I looked at their roster after tfen’s comment and thought she was the missing link, but she’s definitely there now. So who was tfan talking about?

PostPosted: 11/23/23 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think tfan mentioned Priscilla - I believe tfan was referring to the transfers I listed. Priscilla is still on the team, tho not playing (yet?).

Also, I just remembered 2 other 'in-and-out' transfers who are in their 3rd schools as of this year: Endyia Rogers (Texas A&M) and Sedona Prince (TCU), both starters on their P5 programs .

PostPosted: 11/23/23 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
I don't think tfan mentioned Priscilla - I believe tfan was referring to the transfers I listed. Priscilla is still on the team, tho not playing (yet?).

Also, I just remembered 2 other 'in-and-out' transfers who are in their 3rd schools as of this year: Endyia Rogers (Texas A&M) and Sedona Prince (TCU), both starters on their P5 programs .

Duke had a lot of transfers out when Coach Kara arrived. Some have transferred again. I'm thinking of Azaina Baines now on Seton Hall. Duke had two big transfers out last year - Celeste Taylor (Ohio St) and Shayean Day-Wilson (Miami). Both are starting, though Celeste is not playing like the superstar (National DPOY runner up) she did at Duke.

Duke's two transfers IN - Taina Mair( fr Boston College) and Camilla Emsbo (grad tr fr Yale) are both doing well. After presumed starting PG's summer injury to Vanessa deJesus, Taina has started every game and been the most consistent scorer. Emsbo is working into shape after missing a year to injury, was a key part of Duke's comeback vs Stanford. She might have worked herself into a starting job.

~rAf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: