RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Las Vegas Aces 2024
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 04/05/24 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Five Las Vegas Aces Home Games Officially Sold Out!

LAS VEGAS (April 5, 2024)—The Las Vegas Aces announced today that 5 of their 2024 home games at Michelob ULTRA Arena—the season opener vs. Phoenix on May 14, the June 15 WNBA Finals rematch against New York, the July 4 game against the Washington Mystics, and both the May 25 and July 2 contests against the Indiana Fever—are officially sold out.

Single game tickets to the Aces other 15 home games, including the September 3 meeting with the Chicago Sky at T-Mobile Arena, may be purchased by visiting axs.com.

Las Vegas sold out of its season ticket inventory back in March, becoming the first team in WNBA history to do so. Fans interested in joining the season ticket member waiting list may do so by visiting LasVegasAces.com/membership.

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 04/05/24 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aces July 2 Game vs. Indiana Fever Moving To T-Mobile Arena

LAS VEGAS (April 5, 2024)—The back-to-back WNBA Champion Las Vegas Aces announced today that their July 2 game against the Indiana Fever is moving to T-Mobile Arena. Tip is still slated for 7 pm PT.

FAQs Regarding The Move

Q: When will single-game tickets be available to purchase?
A: Wednesday, April 10 at 10 am PT.

Q: If I already purchased a ticket at Michelob Ultra Arena, when will I see my new ticket in my AXS account for T-Mobile?
A: Tickets will be removed and reloaded with a comparable seat into your AXS account by the end of April.

Q: What if I already transferred or sold my tickets?
A: No further action is needed. Your tickets will automatically be sent to the recipient to whom you sent the tickets.

Q: If I purchased an individual game ticket for Michelob Ultra Arena, may I get a refund?
A: Yes. If you’d like a refund, you will be receiving an email from AXS with instructions within the next few days.

Q: If I purchased an individual game ticket at Michelob Ultra Arena, may I select a different location for T-Mobile Arena?
A: Yes. You would follow the steps from AXS to request a refund and then purchase another ticket on April 10th when tickets go on sale.

Earlier today, the Aces announced that 5 of their home games at Michelob ULTRA Arena had officially sold out—the season opener vs. Phoenix on May 14, the June 15 WNBA Finals rematch against New York, the July 4 game against Washington, and both the May 25 and July 2 contests against Indiana. With the July 2 game against the Fever now moving to T-Mobile Arena, four of the Aces 20 home games are now officially sold out.

Single game tickets to remaining Aces home games may be purchased by visiting axs.com.

Las Vegas sold out of its season ticket inventory back in March, becoming the first team in WNBA history to do so. Fans interested in joining the season ticket member waiting list may do so by visiting LasVegasAces.com/membership.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/05/24 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Caitlin Clark effect joins the WNBA

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 04/05/24 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That’s awesome. I guess now people can stop harassing you about the failings of the W schedule planning.

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 04/06/24 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
That’s awesome. I guess now people can stop harassing you about the failings of the W schedule planning.

Very Happy

willtalk

PostPosted: 04/13/24 4:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It would make sense if this was another reason why some players choose to play for the Ace's for less money. LV can offer so much more to players than just salary.

PostPosted: 04/13/24 7:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
It would make sense if this was another reason why some players choose to play for the Ace's for less money. LV can offer so much more to players than just salary.

Especially when they offer them more money than their salary ...

willtalk

PostPosted: 04/15/24 4:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
willtalk wrote:

There are many college players making more money than some players in the WNBA. The amount of money they pull down is also dictatated by who they play for. It all about location and LV is a great spot for that. Don't tell me that players playing for LA or NY do not have better opprotunities than those playing in smaller cities an venues. Its been that way in respect to endorsement in professional sports for decades. Being on a winning team also increases a players visability and subsequent worth.

Players are very aware of all the extraneous benefits when they make their choices of who to play for. Chelsea Gray said she was sold on the Aces long before it came to the details of her contract. For the top players most of their salary does not come from their WNBA team, so for them the trade off for factors other than just salary makes a lot of sense.

I can understand why fans of some teams are upset with how easily the Aces built a close to dynasty team. But the means by how it was done is within the rules of the WNBA and most professional sports. Thats just how it is. It is also understandable that Hamblin was upset of having to leave a great spot like LV, but thats also how professional sports work. When she got injured and the team played well without her the writing was on the wall.

Promoting the idea that the team cheats in respect to salaries is just sour grapes. Unless the league totally outlaws out- side -the -base salary of players, certain teams will always have an advantage. The location, facilities, teams support and an owner who is all in makes a big difference. UJnlike some places the players get first class treatment. Who would not want to play for the Aces- even for a bit less.

PostPosted: 04/15/24 8:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
willtalk wrote:

There are many college players making more money than some players in the WNBA. The amount of money they pull down is also dictatated by who they play for. It all about location and LV is a great spot for that. Don't tell me that players playing for LA or NY do not have better opprotunities than those playing in smaller cities an venues. Its been that way in respect to endorsement in professional sports for decades. Being on a winning team also increases a players visability and subsequent worth.

Players are very aware of all the extraneous benefits when they make their choices of who to play for. Chelsea Gray said she was sold on the Aces long before it came to the details of her contract. For the top players most of their salary does not come from their WNBA team, so for them the trade off for factors other than just salary makes a lot of sense.

I can understand why fans of some teams are upset with how easily the Aces built a close to dynasty team. But the means by how it was done is within the rules of the WNBA and most professional sports. Thats just how it is. It is also understandable that Hamblin was upset of having to leave a great spot like LV, but thats also how professional sports work. When she got injured and the team played well without her the writing was on the wall.

Promoting the idea that the team cheats in respect to salaries is just sour grapes. Unless the league totally outlaws out- side -the -base salary of players, certain teams will always have an advantage. The location, facilities, teams support and an owner who is all in makes a big difference. UJnlike some places the players get first class treatment. Who would not want to play for the Aces- even for a bit less.

Do whatever obfuscating you want ... The Aces and Hammon were literally punished by the league for cheating and circumventing the salary cap by giving extra payment to players.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 04/15/24 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, it appears that Vegas replaced Riquna Williams with a younger, cheaper, (presumably) less problematic version of Riquna Williams.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
willtalk

PostPosted: 04/16/24 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just exactly was that punishment. I doubt it was what a large number of other teams fans wanted it to be. More like a slap on the hand for that was all it warranted. Anything more would have opened up a can of worms for every team in the league.

PostPosted: 04/16/24 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is no way to control such outside payments, as the long history of college football has shown. The issue, really, is that the salary cap is so low that for a rich owner, dropping a quick $100,000 for a relative to be hired by a different company is pocket change.

The reason the cap works in the NBA and MLB is that the numbers are so big that the owners can't afford to pay anyone under the table -- and they police themselves to curb their own competitiveness.

Now if we knew who owned the WNBA, we would have a much better idea about how important it is for the league to have an enforceable salary cap, but we don't -- and the actions of teams suggest strongly that is honored, for elite stars, more in the breach than the observance.

PostPosted: 04/18/24 6:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
So, it appears that Vegas replaced Riquna Williams with a younger, cheaper, (presumably) less problematic version of Riquna Williams.
Less problematic! A wolverine would create less problems.

PostPosted: 04/23/24 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelsey Plum and Darren Waller File for Divorce After 1 Year of Marriage, WNBA Star Says She's 'Devastated'

https://people.com/kelsey-plum-darren-waller-file-divorce-8637645

Quote:
Plum ended her message writing, "Philippians 1:6." The bible verse means, "He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."

PostPosted: 04/24/24 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Once he was traded to the Giants, this was inevitable. Too little time together.

PostPosted: 04/25/24 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

World Premiere Of “Aces vs. Everybody” Documentary, Wednesday, May 1 on KVVU-TV FOX5

The Las Vegas Aces documentary “Aces vs. Everybody” will make its world premiere Wednesday, May 1 on KVVU-TV FOX5 beginning at 6:30 pm PT. The hour-long program will make its digital debut on the team’s YouTube channel that same evening at 8:00 pm, and the Silver State Sports & Entertainment Network will re-air it on Thursday, May 2 at 5:00 pm.

“Aces vs. Everybody” chronicles the Aces’ journey to becoming the first back-to-back WNBA Champions in more than two decades, culminating in their four-game WNBA Finals victory over the New York Liberty.

Shot and edited primarily by the Aces’ Video Production and Social Media teams, “Aces vs. Everybody” features never-before-seen, behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with coaches, players and team executives, in addition to the highlight reel plays that made the 2023 season one for the ages.

This is the second long-form documentary released by the team. The first—“Raise The Stakes”—followed the 2022 Las Vegas Aces on their way to their historic first WNBA Championship.

Aces You Tube—https://www.youtube.com/@LVAces

60 Second Trailer—https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMZ7EkDedEY

2022 Raise The Stakes Docuseries—https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY3WpRIjG0k&list=PLhvuJPqUFlVX6Oyj1-QQ-5YCkQyFGWfbl&index=8

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 04/26/24 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Las Vegas Aces will visit the White House again to celebrate its record season and victory in the 2023 WNBA Finals.

President Joe Biden will welcome the team to the White House on May 9 to celebrate their season, according to the White House.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/aces/las-vegas-aces-to-visit-white-house-to-celebrate-2023-wnba-title-3040790/?utm_campaign=widget&utm_medium=topnews&utm_source=sports&utm_term=Las%20Vegas%20Aces%20to%20visit%20White%20House%20to%20celebrate%202023%20WNBA%20title

willtalk

PostPosted: 04/26/24 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
There is no way to control such outside payments, as the long history of college football has shown. The issue, really, is that the salary cap is so low that for a rich owner, dropping a quick $100,000 for a relative to be hired by a different company is pocket change.

The reason the cap works in the NBA and MLB is that the numbers are so big that the owners can't afford to pay anyone under the table -- and they police themselves to curb their own competitiveness.

Now if we knew who owned the WNBA, we would have a much better idea about how important it is for the league to have an enforceable salary cap, but we don't -- and the actions of teams suggest strongly that is honored, for elite stars, more in the breach than the observance.

Does anyone really think that Clark cares about how much salary she is pulling down from her WNBA team? In reality the WNBA is used purely as a showcase for many of these players to get advertising and other sorts of contracts or jobs in the USA. Clark had enought visability in college to assure herself a huge deal with a company. Many others, however, need the visability provided by what ever WNBA team that they play for. The more visability that team has, the better the players brand value is to a company.

That was the point i was trying to make about why some players would trade a bit of salary for the increase a team can provide to their brand. This alone gives major markets and winning teams an advantage in signing players.

PostPosted: 04/26/24 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:
The Las Vegas Aces will visit the White House again to celebrate its record season and victory in the 2023 WNBA Finals.

President Joe Biden will welcome the team to the White House on May 9 to celebrate their season, according to the White House.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/aces/las-vegas-aces-to-visit-white-house-to-celebrate-2023-wnba-title-3040790/?utm_campaign=widget&utm_medium=topnews&utm_source=sports&utm_term=Las%20Vegas%20Aces%20to%20visit%20White%20House%20to%20celebrate%202023%20WNBA%20title

Will Riquna Williams be invited? Would the Secret Service let her in the building if she was?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: