RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sparks @ Mercury - 5/10/24

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 05/10/24 10:15 am    ::: Sparks @ Mercury - 5/10/24 Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Preseason
Phoenix, AZ - 10:00 PM ET

TV: Arizona’s Family Sports

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/live/266447

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/1012400011/LAS-vs-PHO

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/10/24 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Woohoo! Feel that new season enthusiasm! Very Happy

oh yay Cindy Brunson again Neutral

PostPosted: 05/10/24 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Griner out tonight.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/10/24 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brink with two fouls in about 90 seconds.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 05/10/24 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love Cloud already

Mentioned already that Bueckers would look good with Chicago..LA might be a good place for her too - I wouldn’t be surprised to see them in the lottery.

PostPosted: 05/10/24 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
I love Cloud already

Mentioned already that Bueckers would look good with Chicago..LA might be a good place for her too - I wouldn’t be surprised to see them in the lottery.

Doesn't Dallas have the rights to Chicago's 2025 draft pick? (They can swap picks because of the Mabrey trade.)

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/10/24 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's great to see Blake Dietrick still in this league ... said her family & friends.

--

My main interest today was getting a feel for whether Atwell & Shelley could survive the cuts.
4 minutes for Atwell that half. None for Jaz.

PostPosted: 05/10/24 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Burrell's hustle has been impressive. Not sure if she is considered a 3 or 4. I thought she was a 4 but she has been on Copper on defense. YouTube has me watching her more closely as they have been offering me Brink and Burrell in TikTok-length videos (Shorts). And they are joined by Nurse and Billings sometimes.

https://www.espn.com/wnba/boxscore/_/gameId/401653634

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/10/24 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wish I could see the game but my league pass doesn't work on my computer (through the link above) because I am in Scottsdale, I think. YouTube TV tells me I need to join League Pass to view the game, but I already am a member and don't want to join again. Grr.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/10/24 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amy Atwell looks like Sammi Whitcomb out on the court from a far off shot.

They seem to be letting Yueru just bull her defender around.

If you go by minutes played in this game, LA will cut Clouden, Forbes, Dietrick and Burrell. (Stevens and Allemand did not play)

Phoenix will cut Hollingshed, Hearn, Osborne. (Bertsch and Williams did not play)

Last edited by tfan on 05/11/24 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/10/24 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
I love Cloud already

If Chicago is a lottery team then Bueckers will be headed to Dallas. Chicago had a fire sale giveaway for draft picks last season.

PostPosted: 05/10/24 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UQvxg0Pfovw?si=DO-v9I3OcGQg2RPG" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mercfan3

PostPosted: 05/11/24 6:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
I love Cloud already

If Chicago is a lottery team then Bueckers will be headed to Dallas. Chicago had a fire sale giveaway for draft picks last season.

Oh, boo. 😂

PostPosted: 05/11/24 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
I wish I could see the game but my league pass doesn't work on my computer (through the link above) because I am in Scottsdale, I think. YouTube TV tells me I need to join League Pass to view the game, but I already am a member and don't want to join again. Grr.

Not sure if this will explain, but lots of mentions re: League aPass & YouTubeTV. Seems pretty confusing to me. Best of luck.

https://www.wnba.com/leaguepass/faq

PostPosted: 05/11/24 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:

Not sure if this will explain, but lots of mentions re: League aPass & YouTubeTV. Seems pretty confusing to me. Best of luck.

Thank you for this. So under FAQ#4, it states "WNBA League Pass is also available for purchase through YouTube TV and YouTube Primetime Channels. However, users who purchase WNBA League Pass via wnba.com/leaguepass or the WNBA App will not be able to access WNBA League Pass on YouTube TV and YouTube Primetime Channels.

So my question is: Why? Did I purchase a cheaper version of League Pass? I signed up for it years ago and it just keeps renewing. I guess I need to end it after this season and join through You Tube? How odd.

wnbafan

PostPosted: 05/12/24 6:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:

Thank you for this. So under FAQ#4, it states "WNBA League Pass is also available for purchase through YouTube TV and YouTube Primetime Channels. However, users who purchase WNBA League Pass via wnba.com/leaguepass or the WNBA App will not be able to access WNBA League Pass on YouTube TV and YouTube Primetime Channels.

So my question is: Why? Did I purchase a cheaper version of League Pass? I signed up for it years ago and it just keeps renewing. I guess I need to end it after this season and join through You Tube? How odd.

YouTube TV keeps asking me to join (I don't remember the price exactly but it was a monthly cost). You are better off paying the W for the annual pass and using the app. The availability on YouTube TV is a convenience, and you pay for that convenience.

PostPosted: 05/12/24 8:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is possible to view League Pass games games purchased through the WNBA on your TV. But it requires home WiFi and a Chromecast device hooked up to a spare HDMI port on your TV set and a WiFi-connected PC with the Chrome browser.

scullyfu

PostPosted: 05/12/24 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What happened & when to BG? Saw her on one of those kneeling scooters. Thx.

PostPosted: 05/12/24 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

During the preseason game they said Griner had some minor injury but would be ready for opening night. Obviously, given how honest teams sometimes are about that stuff, take that with the requisite amount of salt.

PostPosted: 05/12/24 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

It is possible to view League Pass games games purchased through the WNBA on your TV. But it requires home WiFi and a Chromecast device hooked up to a spare HDMI port on your TV set and a WiFi-connected PC with the Chrome browser.

I purchased League Pass through WNBA.com and watch games on my TV through ROKU. It's a free app on the ROKU page - you have to sign in using your League Pass password.

~rAf
mercfan3

PostPosted: 05/12/24 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
During the preseason game they said Griner had some minor injury but would be ready for opening night. Obviously, given how honest teams sometimes are about that stuff, take that with the requisite amount of salt.

And it could go either way Laughing

She could be more injured than they’ve let on, or she could have v
Been perfectly healthy and getting the night off

PostPosted: 05/12/24 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

And it could go either way Laughing

She could be more injured than they’ve let on, or she could have v
Been perfectly healthy and getting the night off

She was riding around on one of those knee scooters, so I doubt she’ll be ready in a couple of days.

threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 05/12/24 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I get League Pass on my tv using Apple TV (little black box).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: