RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

A'ja Wilson Shoe Deal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/11/24 6:31 pm    ::: A'ja Wilson Shoe Deal Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"From my logo to the look of the shoe and the pieces throughout the collection, we've worked to make sure every detail is perfectly tuned to my game and style."

Wilson's shoe will hit the market in 2025.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/wnba/2024/05/11/aja-wilson-wnba-aces-star-nike-shoe-deal/73654597007/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
taco-man

PostPosted: 05/12/24 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Although USA Today corrected it in their piece, the Nike press release contains an unfortunate and highly insulting typo, calling her "the pettiest hooper on the internet." Lame.

Howee

PostPosted: 05/12/24 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ms. Wilson had an interesting take on Clark before her shoe deal.
Quote:
“I think it’s a huge thing. I think a lot of people may say it’s not about Black and white, but to me, it is,” Las Vegas Aces star A’ja Wilson said when asked about the race element in Clark’s popularity and before she recently signed two major endorsement deals. “It really is because you can be top notch at what you are as a Black woman, but yet maybe that’s something that people don’t want to see.

"They don’t see it as marketable, so it doesn’t matter how hard I work. It doesn’t matter what we all do as Black women, we’re still going to be swept underneath the rug. That’s why it boils my blood when people say it’s not about race because it is.”

I can't say she's all wrong on this point, but....there IS this *little* thing, that Caitlin DID break all those scoring records. That was a 2-year ride I can't ever remember any college player taking us on.

#NATC

PostPosted: 05/12/24 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A case of 2 things that are not mutually exclusive and can therefore both be true at the same time

PostPosted: 05/12/24 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here in the US it's always about race

PostPosted: 05/13/24 12:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Back in 1995, two years before making her debut in the WNBA’s inaugural season, Swoopes became the first woman in sports history to get a shoe bearing her name: the Nike Air Swoopes. Following
Swoopes came
Lobo with Reebok,
Leslie,
Staley,
Cooper,
Holdsclaw and
Taurasi with Nike, and
McCray with Fila.
Candace Parker, whose signature “Ace” line with Adidas was launched in 2010

After a decade-long lull, with room to grow still, there have been three recent additions to the list of WNBA players with their own signature sneakers.

Breanna Stewart signed a multi-year endorsement deal with Puma
Elene Delle Donne was added to the fold, trading in the innovative Nike FlyEase series she had long headlined for the Air Deldon
Sabrina Ionescu will also launch her own signature shoe after unveiling the Nike Sabrina 1 during an NBA All-Star Weekend event in February.

https://andscape.com/features/the-complete-history-of-signature-sneakers-in-the-wnba/

Howee

PostPosted: 05/13/24 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Quote:
Back in 1995, two years before making her debut in the WNBA’s inaugural season, Swoopes became the first woman in sports history to get a shoe bearing her name: the Nike Air Swoopes. Following
Swoopes came
Lobo with Reebok,
Leslie,
Staley,
Cooper,
Holdsclaw and
Taurasi with Nike, and
McCray with Fila.
Candace Parker, whose signature “Ace” line with Adidas was launched in 2010

After a decade-long lull, with room to grow still, there have been three recent additions to the list of WNBA players with their own signature sneakers.

Breanna Stewart signed a multi-year endorsement deal with Puma
Elene Delle Donne was added to the fold, trading in the innovative Nike FlyEase series she had long headlined for the Air Deldon
Sabrina Ionescu will also launch her own signature shoe after unveiling the Nike Sabrina 1 during an NBA All-Star Weekend event in February.

https://andscape.com/features/the-complete-history-of-signature-sneakers-in-the-wnba/

Yeah, that all kinda shoots down A'ja's supposition:
Quote:
It doesn’t matter what we all do as Black women, we’re still going to be swept underneath the rug.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: