RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Storm @ Lynx - 5/17/24

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 05/17/24 2:34 am    ::: Storm @ Lynx - 5/17/24 Reply Reply with quote

Minneapolis, MN - 9:30 PM ET
TV: ion

Video stream:
https://tubitv.com/live/684165/ion-plus
https://pluto.tv/us/live-tv/65453f30085df200085883d8

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/live/256498

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/1022400009/SEA-vs-MIN

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/17/24 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm so tired of seeing Loyd bring the ball up the court, jack up a shot that misses badly or gets blocked.

Gonna start calling her "Jack'n-Jewell."

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.

Last edited by Ex-Ref on 05/17/24 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/17/24 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love the color of SDS's shoes.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
tfan

PostPosted: 05/17/24 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pili drives into Horston, who flops. Offensive foul. No flop, no call. The modern game requires a flop to get a call from an official when an offensive player lowers their shoulder and drives into a defender. And then fans complain that the player flopped, not that the offensive player bull-dozed.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/17/24 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WTF McBride…

tfan

PostPosted: 05/17/24 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Classic announcer jinx. They were saying how McBride was the best free throw shooter on the Lynx and one of the best in the WNBA. "At one point she hit 36 in a row". And then McBride misses two, only one of which would have iced the game. Then she fouled Loyd on a three and Loyd hit all three to tie the game.

norwester

PostPosted: 05/17/24 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
I'm so tired of seeing Loyd bring the ball up the court, jack up a shot that misses badly or gets blocked.

Please! She’s killing me. You don’t have to be the only one who touches the ball, JL.

Like sure we love it when they’re going in. But they haven’t been. Try helping your team otherwise while you find a rhythm. Nneka is on your team!!! Confused

PostPosted: 05/17/24 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

norwester wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Please! She’s killing me. You don’t have to be the only one who touches the ball, JL.

Like sure we love it when they’re going in. But they haven’t been. Try helping your team otherwise while you find a rhythm. Nneka is on your team!!! Confused

And don't commit your sixth "fowel"45' from the basket on a really obvious foul.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/17/24 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx gotta feel good with Jewel on the bench.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/17/24 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
norwester wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

And don't commit your sixth "fowel"45' from the basket on a really obvious foul.

Which was also a turnover (offensive foul).

It's going to take a little time for the team to gel.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/17/24 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did anyone else think it looked like Loyd didn't know how many fouls she had?

norwester

PostPosted: 05/17/24 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hopefully Nneka is ok.

I’m resigned to taking some early losses while the team finds their chemistry. Road trip is a good time to do it. These are vets. I have faith.

At this point in her career it’s hard to think Jewell will learn to lay off. Oh well. If she finds her shot, I guess it won’t matter.

PostPosted: 05/17/24 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I suppose a double overtime game could be called interesting in some sense, but the offensive execution of both teams wasn't to me. Pure individualistic streetball by both teams.

A coach was unnecessary for either team other than to call the seemingly infinite time outs. (What the heck is a "reset timeout"?)

51 turnovers. 48 fouls. The highly watchable WNBA.
Shades

PostPosted: 05/17/24 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Reeve should have challenged the call. Surprised

It’s cool you guys are bashing your own player, so I no longer have to compare her to Ogunbowale. She’s actually gotten worse than Ogunbowale.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/18/24 4:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Reeve should have challenged the call. Surprised

It’s cool you guys are bashing your own player, so I no longer have to compare her to Ogunbowale. She’s actually gotten worse than Ogunbowale.

Reeve should have challenged what call?

Queenie

PostPosted: 05/18/24 6:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I suppose a double overtime game could be called interesting in some sense, but the offensive execution of both teams wasn't to me. Pure individualistic streetball by both teams.

A coach was unnecessary for either team other than to call the seemingly infinite time outs. (What the heck is a "reset timeout"?)

51 turnovers. 48 fouls. The highly watchable WNBA.

You know, no one's forcing you to be here.

And a reset timeout is used to advance the ball without actually taking the time a normal timeout would take. Speeds up the game a little.

PostPosted: 05/18/24 6:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jewell. You are my favorite little birthday sister. I have been advocating for you to make this your team.

But you have teammates!! You can pass the ball! Stop taking shots Arike would pass up!

PostPosted: 05/18/24 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Jewell. You are my favorite little birthday sister. I have been advocating for you to make this your team.

But you have teammates!! You can pass the ball! Stop taking shots Arike would pass up!

That's funny!😂

PostPosted: 05/18/24 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

napheesa the most underrated star player-maybe ever??? no national attention, no mentions in game threads, etc. i love her.

i can't believe muhl will be the savior to storm season... they really need a backup PG. what is update on her visa status?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: