RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

10 Predictions for the Season From USAToday

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/03/24 8:16 am    ::: 10 Predictions for the Season From USAToday Reply Reply with quote

Hoping #3 comes true and #4 doesn't.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/wnba/2024/05/03/10-bold-predictions-for-2024-wnba-season/73530754007/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
chadb

PostPosted: 05/03/24 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great stuff from USA Today. I know people are over Taurasi but I hope #4 happens! And if Jackson can stay healthy...somebody has to score for LA so it could happen?

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/03/24 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

chadb wrote:
Great stuff from USA Today. I know people are over Taurasi but I hope #4 happens! And if Jackson can stay healthy...somebody has to score for LA so it could happen?

Surprising nobody, #4 should not happen. Taurasi is the GOAT of the WNBA but that does not mean she belongs on the court now. Quite frankly she looks ridiculous out there and her comments about Caitlin Clark sounded like "get off my lawn." It's likely she'll throw one of her "famous" body blocks to "welcome" CC into the league but at her age and recent injury history, it's more likely to be the last thing she does in the WNBA. With any luck this will happen before the Olympics so we can send 12 deserving players to represent us in Paris.

~rAf
hyperetic

PostPosted: 05/03/24 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Uummmm... I'd say this list is pretty optimistic. ALL of the Liberty starters as all-stars? CC lead the league in assists? Top 5 maybe but lead? Why Rickea and not CC for ROY? Just curious. The DT thing is plausible. I hope the charter flights get done. I hope #6 happens. #7 is not too farfetched. Seems like you hear a lot more mumblings these days about possible ownership groups. That's a lot of faith in A'ja considering she does have some competition this season.
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 05/03/24 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, if Caitlin leads the league in assists (doubtful) she'll definitely be RoY.

PostPosted: 05/04/24 8:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I mean ... #5 is the only one that matters, right?

Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: