RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Lynx @ Storm - 5/14/24

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 05/12/24 9:40 am    ::: Lynx @ Storm - 5/14/24 Reply Reply with quote

Seattle, WA - 10:00 PM ET
TV: FOX 13+, Bally Sports North Extra, (Amazon Prime Video - Seattle)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/389c42aa-724b-41a7-a3a3-5ef20774c523#bucketId=7947
https://www.amazon.com/Minnesota-Lynx-at-Seattle-Storm/dp/B0D14D2NQC/

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/live/256493

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/1022400004/MIN-vs-SEA

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/14/24 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As good as Jewell Loyd is, she misses a shitload of shots.

She is 3 of 12.

Rest of the team is 15 of 30. :27 to go in first.

Now 3 of 13 at half.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Shades

PostPosted: 05/14/24 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good energy from the Lynx. Smith has been especially impressive.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
calbearman76

PostPosted: 05/15/24 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
As good as Jewell Loyd is, she misses a shitload of shots.

She is 3 of 12.

Rest of the team is 15 of 30. :27 to go in first.

Now 3 of 13 at half.

Last year Loyd took more shots than anyone else in the WNBA. Only Ogunbowale (752) and Stewart (680) were even within 150 attempts of Loyd (770). And among the top 50 in attempts she ranked 48th in Field goal percentage, only ahead of Dana Evans and Jordan Horston. Perhaps last year you could make the excuse that there weren't any better options last year, but now that they have Ogwumike and Diggins-Smith she shouldn't be putting up 19 shots when she only hits 3. If Loyd continues to take the most shots on the team Seattle will not be a top 4 team this season,

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 05/15/24 6:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

juhasz collier and smith should be a really good three headed post-monster - and the 2 new guards were really impressive, last night anyways

norwester

PostPosted: 05/15/24 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was impressed by Minnesota’s scrappiness and resilience. I was jealous that their shots actually went in. I know Jewel likes to Jack them up, but I wish she’d been a touch more thoughtful about it. She seemed to start directing it a lot, and I know she’s streaky, so I held my tongue and kept waiting for them to go in, but was ultimately painfully disappointed.

I wish Pili hadn’t looked kind of lost in her time on the court, as a Utes fan, but not being the primary option and learning a new system can do that.

Nneka looked good. I think she got frustrated at times with the flow of our offense (or lack of it?) and just forced it in. But she can do that.

It might just be me but there was a weird energy to SDS and JL. Not antagonistic, but rather SDS not wanting to step on toes, and therefore not really running the team? I expect the playing chemistry to smooth all that out. And I have to give the Lynx credit for disrupting us.

But the thing is, we played flat, and missed shots early in the shot clock we’re killing any momentum as much as missed shots forced up late in the shot clock because we had poor spacing and SDS wasn’t running the team like we’re used to a PG doing (which I think more playing chemistry will help). The lack of momentum certainly kept the crowd out of it.

Live by the jacked up shot, die by the jacked up shot.

PostPosted: 05/15/24 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

norwester wrote:
I was impressed by Minnesota’s scrappiness and resilience. I was jealous that their shots actually went in. I know Jewel likes to Jack them up, but I wish she’d been a touch more thoughtful about it. She seemed to start directing it a lot, and I know she’s streaky, so I held my tongue and kept waiting for them to go in, but was ultimately painfully disappointed.

I wish Pili hadn’t looked kind of lost in her time on the court, as a Utes fan, but not being the primary option and learning a new system can do that.

Nneka looked good. I think she got frustrated at times with the flow of our offense (or lack of it?) and just forced it in. But she can do that.

It might just be me but there was a weird energy to SDS and JL. Not antagonistic, but rather SDS not wanting to step on toes, and therefore not really running the team? I expect the playing chemistry to smooth all that out. And I have to give the Lynx credit for disrupting us.

But the thing is, we played flat, and missed shots early in the shot clock we’re killing any momentum as much as missed shots forced up late in the shot clock because we had poor spacing and SDS wasn’t running the team like we’re used to a PG doing (which I think more playing chemistry will help). The lack of momentum certainly kept the crowd out of it.

Live by the jacked up shot, die by the jacked up shot.

I was tempted to make a Wings reference here but I will leave that alone.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: