RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

You Know We Kept Wishing For More W Fans....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyperetic

PostPosted: 05/24/24 10:11 pm    ::: You Know We Kept Wishing For More W Fans.... Reply Reply with quote

And now they're here, with their one-sided, singular perspective, specific player-centric, one track minded ideology. Welp, it is what it is. Its putting butts in seats, I guess.
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 05/24/24 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What I find odd is how ill informed they seem to be about sports in general, much less the WNBA. Lots of questions about back-to-back games or uneven scheduling. I’m not convinced these new fans have ever watched professional sports before.

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/25/24 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
What I find odd is how ill informed they seem to be about sports in general, much less the WNBA. Lots of questions about back-to-back games or uneven scheduling. I’m not convinced these new fans have ever watched professional sports before.

Which is what marketing is all about.

Now the quality of the product has to be high enough to keep the newbies coming back.

PostPosted: 05/25/24 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Now the quality of the product has to be high enough to keep the newbies coming back.

I'm far from convinced that that's enough. If anything, most of these casuals come across like they wouldn't know quality basketball if it bit them in the ass. I think that, if whichever rookie(s) they showed up to stan don't play up to expectations, they won't actually care if the basketball is good, they won't stick around. And the percentage of new fans that will stick around for the basketball will be roughly in line with the percentage of new growth the league gets every non-CC year, anyway.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Queenie

PostPosted: 05/25/24 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yup. I've seen too much deliberate ignorance from some of the newbies. A depressing number of them don't care if anyone else is good; if their messiah is not the bestest evar, they want out.

PostPosted: 05/26/24 2:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ir dawned on me that many noobs who are trying to cancel DT for her comments on CC probably don't know they're trying to cancel the logo. Then again they still may not give a damn.
Phil

PostPosted: 05/26/24 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
Ir dawned on me that many noobs who are trying to cancel DT for her comments on CC probably don't know they're trying to cancel the logo. Then again they still may not give a damn.

Except she didn't mention CC or anyone else(other than herself). It was interpreted that way, but she was talking about all rookies, and not just this year. She included herself.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 05/26/24 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
Except she didn't mention CC or anyone else(other than herself). It was interpreted that way, but she was talking about all rookies, and not just this year. She included herself.

I'm guessing the initial interview but the subsequent interview on the subject, when prompted , she spoke of CC specifically. You can say it was the interviewer not DT who made it specifically about CC.
mercfan3

PostPosted: 05/27/24 5:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
Phil wrote:

I'm guessing the initial interview but the subsequent interview on the subject, when prompted , she spoke of CC specifically. You can say it was the interviewer not DT who made it specifically about CC.

The one where she said she’s a great player and she’ll need time to adjust, but greatness translates?

The idea that she was hating was always hilarious. Like, she’s absolutely gonna knock CC on her ass when they play, but she’ll compliment her afterwards.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: