RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2024
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEF34

PostPosted: 04/03/24 5:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
Brink did not impress during the tournament.

Jackson at #2 and Cardoso at #4?

I don't see Kamilla Cardoso being available at 4, if the Sparks really want her they will need to use the #2 pick on her.

threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 04/05/24 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://sparks.wnba.com/news/los-angeles-sparks-finalize-2024-coaching-and-support-staff/

Congrats Camille (Smith, formerly Little)!!

threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 04/10/24 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ah, too bad....

The Indiana Fever only come to L.A. once this summer, and it's the third home game of the season and the first 5 home games will be playing at approx. 4,000 seat capacity Walter Pyramid at Long Beach State. Crypto.com Arena is being renovated. Bad timing!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/10/24 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA literally has picks 2/4/6 they control their own grade this draft.

PostPosted: 04/10/24 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

2, 4 and 6?

boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 04/11/24 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

2, 4 and 6?

We don't have the # 6 pick. We do have #2 and # 4.
jap

PostPosted: 04/14/24 7:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boogiezen wrote:
Too bad about Paige. She would have been perfect for the Sparks.

Agreed!!! I believe Paige is a more well-rounded athlete than Caitlin, and that is saying a LOT! because Caitlin is pretty damn good!!!

PostPosted: 04/15/24 7:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HAPPY DRAFT DAY!!!!! šŸ’œšŸ’›

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 04/15/24 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brink and Jackson. Nice draft, LA.

jap

PostPosted: 04/15/24 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:

...and McKenzie Forbes, JuJu's partner in crime at USC. I would have preferred Kamilla to Cameron since the big Brazilian can be dominant in the paint. However, Cam will simply have to muscle up in the coming years to compete with established WNBA posts.

PostPosted: 04/15/24 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:

...and McKenzie Forbes, JuJu's partner in crime at USC. I would have preferred Kamilla to Cameron since the big Brazilian can be dominant in the paint. However, Cam will simply have to muscle up in the coming years to compete with established WNBA posts.

My draft grade for LA is B. Cardoso and whoever else would have gotten them an A.

~rAf
jmh1982

PostPosted: 04/15/24 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
jap wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:

My draft grade for LA is B. Cardoso and whoever else would have gotten them an A.

I'm not even a Sparks fan and I think they killed this draft. Brink will be the more impactful pro in the long run over Cardoso and might very well be the most complete player from this draft. Rickea also has the 2nd or 3rd highest upside in this draft and they got both of them. They may not be more impactful year one than Cardoso, but they will be in the long run IMO.

jap

PostPosted: 04/18/24 8:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmh1982 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
jap wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:

I'm not even a Sparks fan and I think they killed this draft. Brink will be the more impactful pro in the long run over Cardoso and might very well be the most complete player from this draft. Rickea also has the 2nd or 3rd highest upside in this draft and they got both of them. They may not be more impactful year one than Cardoso, but they will be in the long run IMO.

Hopefully, your prediction for Cam holds true. It is said she is strong for her frame, but she looks frail compared to some the WNBA's bigger posts. She needs to get more consistent from midrange and especially downtown to really take things to a higher level and really make opponents pay!

Coach Miller is super duper excited about Richea: he doesn't feel she has really scratched the surface of her immense potential as yet. I would not rule out McKenzie as a roster member despite her 3rd round selection. This is a former Ivy league player with a high basketball IQ who has shown she knows when to feed the rock to the right shooters (e.g., JuJu) and when to take over herself.

PostPosted: 04/18/24 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
jmh1982 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
jap wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:

Hopefully, your prediction for Cam holds true. It is said she is strong for her frame, but she looks frail compared to some the WNBA's bigger posts. She needs to get more consistent from midrange and especially downtown to really take things to a higher level and really make opponents pay!

Coach Miller is super duper excited about Richea: he doesn't feel she has really scratched the surface of her immense potential as yet. I would not rule out McKenzie as a roster member despite her 3rd round selection. This is a former Ivy league player with a high basketball IQ who has shown she knows when to feed the rock to the right shooters (e.g., JuJu) and when to take over herself.

Not saying she will be as good as either one, but I do see her having some of the parts of both A'ja and Breanna's games. She has the ability to score at all three levels much like Breanna, but needs to develop more fluidity and ability to score off the bounce. She is not quite the physical specimen that A'ja is, but she can be every bit as impactful when it comes to protecting the rim from the weak side. She is actually quite strong for her frame (much like KD in the NBA). She will still need to add some extra muscle, but she will always be on the thin side, but I don't think it will be a major issue.

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/18/24 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cameron Brink is exceptionally athletic for her size. Her speed and quickness will set her apart from most WNBA power forwards, and though she is obviously very slender, generally people get stronger and heavier as they age.

She will face lots of physical tests from players who want to push her around, but she definitely has an attitude, which should help her hold her own.

As for Forbes, I think the issue will be quickness. I'm not sure who she guards.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: