RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2024 Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/10/24 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Crazy how folks are so pro- Cardoso being #2 after begging pleading and justifying the reason for LA to take her at #2 or #4 all season long. Glad they're some woke ones Laughing Laughing . Btw how big of a following does Brink have up in NorCal ? That would be the only reason i select her at #2 over Cardoso or Jackson. Let me clarify there is no wrong pick between the 3 but LA is really trying to get better Draft Jackson at #2 and Roll the dice with Brink or Cardsoso and put the Pressure on Chicago. LA cannot lose.

PostPosted: 04/11/24 6:52 am    ::: Aaliyah Edwards Reply Reply with quote

Any truth to this?

https://twitter.com/ADreamersParade/status/1778234030393290781

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 04/11/24 6:55 am    ::: Re: Aaliyah Edwards Reply Reply with quote

Wiseone1 wrote:
Any truth to this?

https://twitter.com/ADreamersParade/status/1778234030393290781

It says right below the initial tweet that it's a joke.

GEF34

PostPosted: 04/11/24 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
boogiezen wrote:
If I'm the Sparks GM, I will pick Cardoso @ 2 and Jackson @ 4. Brink will likely be taken @ 3.

Yep, I'd take Cardoso over Brink

The biggest issue for Cardoso is availability. If she's going to spend every even numbered season with the Brazilian national team it reduces her value.

Brazilian players who've been wanted by WNBA teams have generally been pretty available. It's not like she's French. And players who were part of the NCAA system have also generally been more willing to show up and play in the US. I'm not really sure why this is suddenly coming up as a potentially significant issue.

She has shown playing for Brazil is important to her, including leaving South Carolina to help qualify for the Olympics in February. Every summer she has competed in tournaments trying to help Brazil qualify for the World Cup and Olympics. It's definitely reasonable to see her continuing to play, especially it's not a forgone conclusion that they will qualify without her.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/11/24 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's a mock draft from Spain

https://www.marca.com/en/ncaa/2024/04/10/6616cf90e2704ec9588b45ac.html

PostPosted: 04/11/24 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is the coach of the Connecticut Sun talking up Charisma Osborne during the draft lottery show 4 months ago. That might be a good place to slot Osborne for a mock draft.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxBF_2oH3TcfwViHQ5tlEFE8OFJVl_fPyf?si=usxYpsZgRQjQnRPf

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 04/12/24 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="960" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p171jDbxO8A?si=v1-UeD61RaTlOCfl" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/12/24 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One basic fundamental problem: She steps with her right foot instead of her left.

There are mechanical reasons to do so, and there are strategic reasons as well, but stepping with the opposite foot is simply an invitation to be a poor shooter.

PostPosted: 04/12/24 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The .com has a prospect list up

https://www.wnba.com/draft/2024/prospects

If you're a conspiratorial sort you might notice that there are 36 players listed, the same as the number of picks. Is the draft already decided?

PostPosted: 04/12/24 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
<iframe width="640" height="960" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p171jDbxO8A?si=v1-UeD61RaTlOCfl" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Batou Barbie getting primed!

PostPosted: 04/12/24 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We in here talking about practice. I mean, listen, we're talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice.

PostPosted: 04/12/24 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
We in here talking about practice. I mean, listen, we're talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice.

I love you for this! I recently watched that video clip for the millionth time on YouTube just yesterday. 😆

PostPosted: 04/13/24 1:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2024 WNBA Draft preview: A look at who the Sun, Liberty and Dream might select in the late first round

Shades

PostPosted: 04/13/24 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TgV20ZbyI98?si=5679II9EVi_2EhXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 04/13/24 1:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap

PostPosted: 04/13/24 1:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Angel Reese: "Didn't I tell you guys to watch your mouth!?!"

PostPosted: 04/13/24 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
One basic fundamental problem: She steps with her right foot instead of her left.

There are mechanical reasons to do so, and there are strategic reasons as well, but stepping with the opposite foot is simply an invitation to be a poor shooter.

Presumably also problematic that she changes which foot she steps with in that short clip.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/13/24 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

she gets nice height and rotation though, which is impressive considering all the shorter shots I've seen her shoot were flat shot put type shots. So there is hope. Good for her for working on it.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 04/13/24 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
she gets nice height and rotation though, which is impressive considering all the shorter shots I've seen her shoot were flat shot put type shots. So there is hope. Good for her for working on it.

A year late for this draft. If she keeps choosing to use her time improving her shot, she might develop one. But if she keeps choosing to spend her off time making money, she'll have a short playing career but a lot of money to plan the rest of her life. It all depends on her own priorities. Does she want to become a great player in the W or not? You can't become great by taking video of putting up shots for a week.

~rAf
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/13/24 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plenty of people have done loads of off-court stuff and worked on their game as well. Hell, Michael Jordan was the king endorsements and adverts, spent half his life on the golf course and basically had a gambling problem but used to come back from an offseason and people would go "holy shit, he has a post game now?" On the women's side, we've seen people improve by going overseas and others improve while never leaving the US. There's not one path.

That said, highlight videos mean nothing. Ben Simmons used to hit shots in training videos.

PostPosted: 04/13/24 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Plenty of people have done loads of off-court stuff and worked on their game as well. Hell, Michael Jordan was the king endorsements and adverts, spent half his life on the golf course and basically had a gambling problem but used to come back from an offseason and people would go "holy shit, he has a post game now?" On the women's side, we've seen people improve by going overseas and others improve while never leaving the US. There's not one path.

That said, highlight videos mean nothing. Ben Simmons used to hit shots in training videos.

While it is true that some players find time for lots of activities AND work on their game, Angel showed zero improvement in the weakest part of her game this season. Meanwhile, her teammate flaujae Johnson improved her game while also working close to full time on her music career plus her NIL game. Winning the NC didn't go to her head. I'm thinking of Charlie Collier, who reached her career highlight getting picked #1. It was all downhill from there. Has Angel also peaked?

~rAf
PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/13/24 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

A year late for this draft. If she keeps choosing to use her time improving her shot, she might develop one. But if she keeps choosing to spend her off time making money, she'll have a short playing career but a lot of money to plan the rest of her life. It all depends on her own priorities. Does she want to become a great player in the W or not? You can't become great by taking video of putting up shots for a week.

We get it. You hate her.

jap

PostPosted: 04/14/24 7:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

While it is true that some players find time for lots of activities AND work on their game, Angel showed zero improvement in the weakest part of her game this season. Meanwhile, her teammate flaujae Johnson improved her game while also working close to full time on her music career plus her NIL game. Winning the NC didn't go to her head. I'm thinking of Charlie Collier, who reached her career highlight getting picked #1. It was all downhill from there. Has Angel also peaked?

Was Angel asked by Kim Mulkey to develop a midrange & downtown game? No! She is a double-dounle machine, and she emphasized her training in the areas her team needed her most. Her scoring and rebound rates per game actually dipped a tad from 2022-2023 to 2023-2024. Why? Because the quality of her team improved, and Angel adjusted by making room for other players like Morrow to help her with rebounding and Johnson & others to help out with the scoring effort.

To me a lot of Angel's perceived shortcomings are grossly overblown. She has been playing against boys from.when she was ridiculously young, and she had to learn how to contest/maneuver against bigger & stronger competition from early on.

Nneka did almost all her scoring in the paint in college. It was Chiney who first pointed out that Nneka had a downtown game, but she was too much of a perfectionist to bring it out in real games until SHE felt she was good enough. In other words, Nneka is NOT a chucker! She wants to HELP her team with high percentage shots as opposed to hurting her team by taking selfish low percentage scud shots.

I suspect Angel.has a similar mentality.

PostPosted: 04/14/24 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I doubt very much that Angel Reese will shoot threes in the W, or that she will score much.

But I do think she will be an effective player, and could be a first-division starter if there's scoring around her.

PostPosted: 04/14/24 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here’s a video the height police might like.

<iframe width="640" height="960" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u6SRxqpJT7M?si=Tj7reVTkW2GI6rWQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: