RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Hot Takes & Storylines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ucbart

PostPosted: 10/22/23 7:06 am    ::: Hot Takes & Storylines Reply Reply with quote

While I love the W and the basketball is better, my real love is WCBB. So, here are some things that I'm looking forward to or predicting could very well happen.

**I'll be very interested to see how ESPN handles the Caitlin/Paige dynamic since neither of them play in a conference with an ESPN contract. Digitally, both on social media and the website, they'll cover them extensively, but I'll be surprised about the on air talent and what they do with Iowa and UCONN. People think ESPN has a UCONN bias, but I think most of the in-studio hosts have a very anti-UCONN/Geno bias, which has only gotten worse since we went back to the Big East. I'm curious to see what they do with Clark/Iowa.

**I can't wait to see what Brink does. She's an absolute stud, but man, Stanford has question marks all over the floor. Who will get her the ball? And can they get to her in the right spots? Will she still be prone to foul trouble? This might be one of the best coaching jobs Tara will have to do.

**Will Miles play or not? Will we ever get an answer on her injury? With Miles out, the best player in the ACC still plays for ND and her name is Sonia Citron.

**Will this be the year Texas becomes a national powerhouse under Vic? Lots of talent in Austin and he's a great coach, but man, the injuries last year were a lot.

**I can't wait to see the ACC race, I think any one of LSU/SC/Tennessee could finish 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. LSU, to me, has a PG issue. HVL isn't a PG. This is Reese's league, but Kamila Cardoso(I will never get over her leaving Syracuse) might be the best player.

**This, to me, is a make or break year for Close. She is dripping with talent, but her coaching has always been a bit suspect to me. She's the Karen Aston of California thus far in her career. She's been lacking size for years and now she finally has it in Betts. Combine that with a backcourt of Kiki Rice and super senior Charisma Osborne and it's FF or bust, IMO. Will they have enough outside shooting?

**Is Kelly Graves on the hot seat yet? If not, it's gotta be warm. The drop off since 2020, especially with the transfers, has been pretty monumental.

**I'm really excited to see where Shauna Green can take Illinois. She was, IMO, a slam dunk hire, she made massive strides in year 1, and I think she could bring the Fighting Illini to great heights.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/22/23 9:29 am    ::: Re: Hot Takes & Storylines Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
**Will Miles play or not? Will we ever get an answer on her injury? With Miles out, the best player in the ACC still plays for ND and her name is Sonia Citron.

Niele made a comment a few weeks ago regarding Miles. Something like "Yeah, I rehabbed two ACLs, so I know what it takes." So I'd say an ACL.

This was easier to find than I expected.

Quote:
“I understand it’s more of an individual healing process. Everybody comes back differently at different times, but she’s doing really well,” Ivey said. “I’m just being there for her, and us just having great communication of how she feels. I’ve been through this twice. It’s an individual decision of her comfort level being back on the floor, and I just want to make sure she’s comfortable, confident and ready.”

https://www.wndu.com/2023/10/11/im-not-going-rush-it-timeline-olivia-miles-return-still-unclear-after-knee-injury/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 10/22/23 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Couldn't figure out for a minute which Miles y'all were talking about, as the only one I know is Brooklynn who transferred from Tennessee to Kentucky. When it's a common name like that, could you do some of us the favor of including first names? Thanks.

PostPosted: 10/22/23 12:22 pm    ::: Re: Hot Takes & Storylines Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:

**I can't wait to see the ACC race, I think any one of LSU/SC/Tennessee could finish 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. LSU, to me, has a PG issue. HVL isn't a PG. This is Reese's league, but Kamila Cardoso(I will never get over her leaving Syracuse) might be the best player.

Interesting correlation of thought processes here: What makes the ACC race intriguing for you, and how do you perceive the SEC race playing out considering the key member matchups you referred to.....

Confused

ucbart

PostPosted: 10/23/23 4:13 am    ::: Re: Hot Takes & Storylines Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
ucbart wrote:

Interesting correlation of thought processes here: What makes the ACC race intriguing for you, and how do you perceive the SEC race playing out considering the key member matchups you referred to.....

Confused

Oops. SEC, obvi!

Honestly, I don't know, re: the SEC. I'll have to look at the schedules and see where those 3 teams play each other. I think Kim is the best coach, but I think Dawn has a more balanced roster. I think Tennessee looks great on paper, but Jolly just hasn't shown me that she is anywhere near the coach that Dawn or Kim are.

I think SC will look farrrrr different in March than they do in November, just like Tennessee will. We'll have 0 knowledge of what LSU is until mid January since their non-conference schedule is that bad.

Might I add in the SEC, that I think Janiah Barker could be something special.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 10/23/23 6:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i am curious to 'follow' TCU this year with the new coach and transfers in to that program.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: