RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#11 Mississippi St vs #3 Notre Dame - 3/19/23
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/19/23 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How many times have I said that missed free throws are going to bite ND in the ass?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/19/23 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ND has gotta stop being lazy.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Shades

PostPosted: 03/19/23 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

41-41 with 6:46 left

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/19/23 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ebo 17 boards and Westbeld has 15.

singinerd54

PostPosted: 03/19/23 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ugly, ugly, ugly.

It's bullshit that higher seeds get to host. (I will continue this refrain.)

Shades

PostPosted: 03/19/23 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Where is Art to say “first one to 50 wins?”, thereby mocking the teams in the game?

singinerd54

PostPosted: 03/19/23 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Where is Art to say “first one to 50 wins?”, thereby mocking the teams in the game?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I appreciate the shade, Shades.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/19/23 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I appreciate the shade, Shades.

What if neither team gets to 50?

singinerd54

PostPosted: 03/19/23 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

They both lose! Laughing

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/19/23 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whew!!!

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/19/23 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They’re going to lose, but MS State gave ND all they could handle. I think it shows that ND is not a title contender…not this year. Sorry, Irish fans, they are doing the best they can with what they have.

PostPosted: 03/19/23 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
They’re going to lose, but MS State gave ND all they could handle. I think it shows that ND is not a title contender…not this year. Sorry, Irish fans, they are doing the best they can with what they have.

I don't think any ND fan thought that they would contend for the FF, much less the championship,

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/19/23 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

They both lose! Laughing

I guess it's a good thing that ND got to 50 then. Wink

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/19/23 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
There has only been 8 total assists in this game. Five for ND and 3 for MSST. Wow.

Neither one of these teams is a championship contender.

No one suggested that they were this year (although technically ND is the regular season ACC Champion Wink ).

ND might have been able to get to a Final Four if Miles hadn't been injured, and ND didn't get in South Carolina's bracket, but neither is the case.

However, next year, with Miles back (hopefully), and Risch and Hidalgo coming in along with the other players being older could make ND a contender.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/19/23 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

I don't recall many ND fans really considering the team a title contender this year, even at their height this year. Most considered them a Final Four team at best (before Miles went down).

The main problem is that we didn't have a reliable back up PG. That will be solved next year.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/19/23 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ND's offense generated only 34 points from the field on 5 assists, shooting 35%, 0%. They won the game on 19 vs. 9 FTMs and a big rebounding margin.
CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/19/23 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

They both lose! Laughing

There was a game way back in 2004 when McGraw was pretty much going with a system somewhere between the Villanova and Rutgers systems (IOW, relying on slow down and strong defense), and ND was playing Villanova at home. It was brutal (18-18 at the half). In a chat, someone joked that the first team to 40 wins. ND ended up winning 38-36, and the guy who said that joked that neither team won.

In that game, Parretta joked afterwards that he told his player to make sure to take a 3 pointer for the last shot because the crowd didn't deserve to be subjected to an OT of a game like that.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/19/23 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Art probably does do it to mock the teams. I sometimes do make that joke, but usually it's not so much to mock the teams as to indicate a strong defensive game.

singinerd54

PostPosted: 03/19/23 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
In that game, Parretta joked afterwards that he told his player to make sure to take a 3 pointer for the last shot because the crowd didn't deserve to be subjected to an OT of a game like that.

We appreciate that awareness and honesty!

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/19/23 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
ND's offense generated only 34 points from the field on 5 assists, shooting 35%, 0%. They won the game on 19 vs. 9 FTMs and a big rebounding margin.

It was similar to playing Louisville (Gee, I wonder why...), and we saw how well ND did against that type of game last time.

ND had a height advantage and used that to their advantage. MSU was being very aggressive, which sent ND to the line (If ND shot their usual FT percentage, the game wouldn't have been as close).

Gee, a team that is trying to adjust to losing their PG is having problem running their offense against a strong defense? Shocking.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/19/23 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
At the risk of angering the Irish fans here, I have to ask why Ebo is still so overweight when she would be so much more effective and quicker minus about 30 lbs.? You see a lot of big heavy centers in the mids, and one or two among lesser teams, but most generally P5 coaches insist that their big girls slim down even while working out in the weight room. I remember reading about one coach who was so unhappy when one player showed up 30 lbs. overweight that she sentenced her to the pool and the weight room,as well as consulting the team nutritionist, before she would allow her on the court.

This post didn't age well:

Ebo stats: 10 points, 18 rebounds, 5 blocks

Shades

PostPosted: 03/19/23 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
Shades wrote:

Art probably does do it to mock the teams. I sometimes do make that joke, but usually it's not so much to mock the teams as to indicate a strong defensive game.

We’re talking about Art here. He strictly mocks.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/19/23 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
Shades wrote:

We’re talking about Art here. He strictly mocks.

I know. I was being nice by saying "probably."

Howee

PostPosted: 03/20/23 12:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was kinda gritty, not so pritty. Razz But....a win is a win! Congrats to ND, and also to The Bulldog program for finally getting back on track post-Vic. Let's hope it continues.

Re: Ebo? There've been a few like her...Chantel Osahar, The Paris Twins, Abi Olajuwan....Even Utah's Pili - kids who are larger (not taller) and generally stronger in the paint than their opponents, AND can have a nice touch around the rims, with great rebounding, too. One doesn't see many of these sorts move on to higher levels, as a rule, but they can make a big difference on their collegiate clubs.

PostPosted: 03/20/23 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Prosper's game reminds me a little of Satou Sabally.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: