RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Pre season game reports
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/05/23 8:36 pm    ::: Pre season game reports Reply Reply with quote

Here's a spot to put reports on pre season games. Right now, it's Mystics vs Lynx and Sky vs Wings. We do know that a bunch of Mystics players did not make the trip - so it's basically the players fighting for 2 roster spots.

~rAf
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/05/23 9:05 pm    ::: Re: Pre season game reports Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Here's a spot to put reports on pre season games. Right now, it's Mystics vs Lynx and Sky vs Wings. We do know that a bunch of Mystics players did not make the trip - so it's basically the players fighting for 2 roster spots.

OK, found the boxes on espn.com. EDD played and scored 11 pts, high scorer THawk with 14. Tasha with 6/7. All Mystics not named EDD, Atkins or THawk throwing up bricks from three. Engstler is playing short minutes. S.Jones not scoring, but 8 rebs.

For Minnesota, Brea Beal played 17 mins, with only stat being 2 to's. Juhasz balled out, along with Diamond Miller. Minny's lack of PG play shows in low assists.

~rAf
DTP

PostPosted: 05/06/23 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't care how good your defense is, playing double digit minutes without contributing one positive stat in the box score is insane.

ucbart

PostPosted: 05/06/23 7:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
I don't care how good your defense is, playing double digit minutes without contributing one positive stat in the box score is insane.

Is she that good on defense or did the ESPN talking heads speak her into being an elite defender? I mean, the media spoke CP3 into a DPOY award, so anything can happen. I think the name on the front of Beal's jersey got her a lot of undue praise.

I'll be very surprised if she makes the Lynx roster.

Speaking of the Lynx lack of a PG - how did they let Jefferson go?

adamj95

PostPosted: 05/06/23 7:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
DTP wrote:

Is she that good on defense or did the ESPN talking heads speak her into being an elite defender? I mean, the media spoke CP3 into a DPOY award, so anything can happen. I think the name on the front of Beal's jersey got her a lot of undue praise.

She was an UFA (?) if i remember right. I loved her play for us last year. I hate that she’s not with us. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 05/06/23 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
DTP wrote:

Good question...I have no idea. I'm just going off the twitter reactions since the game wasn't available on LP.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/06/23 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WARNING: gratuitous attack on Candace Parker by UConn fan. While discussing lack of offense by one of four finalists for college DPOY, a UConn fan follows a very thin thread to connect to Candace Parker being selected as WNBA DPOY. Parker is well known to be a target for UConn fan attacks due to the fact that she removed UConn and Geno from her list of possible schools VERY EARLY in her college search. She therefore gets injected into comments that have absolutely nothing to do with her but are about anything that might contain even the very slightest tangent so they can trash her again. They just can't stand that Parker will soon retire as one of the WNBA all time greats.

~rAf
willtalk

PostPosted: 05/06/23 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Parker can be an elite defender when she decides to play. Her issue has always been coasting through games one both offense and defense and only playing her best in spurts. She used to coast though defense a lot more than offense.

PostPosted: 05/07/23 7:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/34GqunIQPR8

The Mysrics/Lynx game is on YouTube.

I think the Canada game is going to be broadcast on TSN in Canada so a good chance that one ends up on YouTube too.

DTP

PostPosted: 05/07/23 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
ucbart wrote:
DTP wrote:

Good question...I have no idea. I'm just going off the twitter reactions since the game wasn't available on LP.

After watching the game, I can't see how anyone could argue that she had much of an positive impact on the game. It's only one game and it was her first too....maybe some jitters involved, who knows. But I would be absolutely shocked if she's on a WNBA roster this season...she just doesn't look like a WNBA player at this point.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/07/23 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:

On Men-BA Twitter, we call that a Snell.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/07/23 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Beal got invited to the party because she wore a SoCaro jersey. That should have been a great highlight moment for her. Now she can try to find her true calling in life. I don't think overseas teams are much interested in American players who can't score.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 05/08/23 7:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guess I should have posted this stuff here - my in-game "commentary" from the 5/7 Sky-Fever game.

Interesting...Harrison, Williams x2, Gardner, Evans are all here. Clearly I don't pay attention to overseas action! Ruthy and Kah too but not playing!

Well...if this ends up on YouTube, might be worth a watch! 43-31 Sky at halftime.

64-45 after 3. Forgot Christmas-Kelly is an Indy coach.

Dunn is sitting across the aisle with me in the stands.

Final 81-56. Harrison was player of the game.

Bertsch looked good.

Decent crowd.

Forgot we also had Anigwe.

PostPosted: 05/08/23 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
Guess I should have posted this stuff here - my in-game "commentary" from the 5/7 Sky-Fever game.

Interesting...Harrison, Williams x2, Gardner, Evans are all here. Clearly I don't pay attention to overseas action! Ruthy and Kah too but not playing!

Well...if this ends up on YouTube, might be worth a watch! 43-31 Sky at halftime.

Bertsch looked good.

Decent crowd.

I saw a brief video clip of E. Williams trying to block Boston's shot and falling hard to the court. Is she okay? She only played four minutes in yesterday's game according to the box score.

PostPosted: 05/08/23 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:

Bertsch looked good.

Decent crowd.

I know it is preseason, but Indiana started four of their likely starters for the season and still lost by 25. Bring on the Clarkstakes!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/08/23 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:

Bertsch looked good.

Decent crowd.

I know it is preseason, but Indiana started four of their likely starters for the season and still lost by 25. Bring on the Clarkstakes!

Dunn is not capable of getting this team out of the dungeon .

PostPosted: 05/08/23 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:

Bertsch looked good.

Decent crowd.

You know Indiana ain’t winning the lottery twice in a row.

DTP

PostPosted: 05/09/23 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:

Bertsch looked good.

Decent crowd.

Dunn is not capable of getting this team out of the dungeon .

Super young team....I think they're going in the right direction.

I am half way through the Wings/Sky game from last week and so far I'm very impressed with Bertsch. Hopefully this game gets uploaded too soon.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 05/09/23 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
I am half way through the Wings/Sky game from last week...

Do you have a video link to share?

Someone posted the first half of Sunday's game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXcIHUQtKL4

Forgot Elizabeth Williams got taken out early!

As one commenter said, the Fever looked better than the score reflected. Guess that's a pretty low bar! lol It's preseason...

PostPosted: 05/09/23 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
DTP wrote:
I am half way through the Wings/Sky game from last week...

Do you have a video link to share?

Someone posted the first half of Sunday's game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXcIHUQtKL4

Forgot Elizabeth Williams got taken out early!

As one commenter said, the Fever looked better than the score reflected. Guess that's a pretty low bar! lol It's preseason...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d0MhUOIAYU&t=2326s

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 05/09/23 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks! Very Happy

PostPosted: 05/10/23 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Myisha Hines-Allen, Shakira Austin, Kristi Toliver out for the exhibition game against the Atlanta Dream, tip-off 11:30 AM EST

https://twitter.com/kareemcopeland/status/1655989649112694813

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/10/23 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alexis Morris waived by the sun after pre=season game 1 Sad

PostPosted: 05/10/23 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howard sits this one out for the Dream.

Mystics 88
Dream 76

https://www.wnba.com/game/20230510/ATLWAS/

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/10/23 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whoa - Engstler with 11/8 in 13 minutes! Serious roster contender! THawk also actively pursuing a spot 7/10 in 19 mins. Spot up for grabs is 11th player, 3/4 backup to backup. Intangibles and health might be deciding factor, which gives THawk the edge, but those are WOW numbers of the 'rumored to be injured' Engstler.

~rAf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: