5%  [ 1 ]
She ends up staying in Dallas
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 20

Badger_Ball

PostPosted: 01/19/23 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Anything that does not equate to #3 being involved is a losing trade for us in my opinion . yes Gray was not a top go to player during her time with us but she's a ROY. No way she goes for less than the 3rd pick. I like whomever came up with the #8 & Ari but i want #3.

Megdal is reporting ATL sending DAL pick #3 in 2023 and a first round pick in either 2024 or 2025.

That’s more than what I was expecting, especially given Gray’s expiring contract and her intention to explore FA next year (as reported by Khristina Williams).

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/19/23 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That is a good deal for Dallas

And probably signals that Atlanta intends to be good now and hopes that 24 or 25 pick is a high first rounder

Robinson, Gray, R. Howard , ?, Ch. Parker

Atlanta is clearly building an experienced team around young Star Howard

Definitely see Atlanta trying to fill the PF spot with someone like Bri Jones, A . Stevens or Charles and/or bringing back Billings. I wonder if Candace Parker would have any interest in Atl? Isn’t her day job with Turner and NBA TV there?

Atl still has the 8 and 15 pick in 23 to fill out the bench

I would love to see D. Miller fall to Dallas at #3, consolation prize Jones or Joens or Dallas maybe take a shot on Horston or R. Jackson there is some good options at 3 but D Miller seems like the best fit least question mark choice . I could see Haley Jones as a decent back court mate for a no real PG line up with Ogunbowale but would prefer Miller

Dallas getting off Gray contract does free some cap they lost when they brought in N Howard so they can still make or match strong offers for both Mabrey or McCowan or can go free agent shopping if they move on from either

Last edited by J-Spoon on 01/19/23 8:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 01/19/23 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My opinion is an even trade of Gray for Atlanta's #3 pick is a fair trade. Gray was a lottery pick herself and has been a very productive player during career.

PostPosted: 01/19/23 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Badger_Ball wrote:
Megdal is reporting ATL sending DAL pick #3 in 2023 and a first round pick in either 2024 or 2025.

WFFLs may come for me for saying this but idc – imo Dallas is gonna need to hand over an extra asset (#11, Collier, Alarie, etc) if the Wings are getting two 1RPs (potentially both being high picks), cuz i would think Atlanta's not gonna wanna risk losing them for but a single year of Gray, who appears dead-set on being a free agent in 2024

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/20/23 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The idea that Allisha Gray commands that much more in a trade that Jonquel Jones did ...

Shades

PostPosted: 01/20/23 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Badger_Ball wrote:

Unless they changed this rule in the newest CBA, draft picks from current year and next year are the only ones allowed to be traded.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/20/23 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Badger_Ball wrote:

Unless they changed this rule in the newest CBA, draft picks from current year and next year are the only ones allowed to be traded.

They did, per Richyyy. https://twitter.com/RichardCohen1/status/1609215701234884610

Quote:
A potentially more meaningful WNBA rule change is that draft picks from two years into the future can now be traded. So from January 2023, picks from 23/24/25 can be dealt.

Teams must retain at least one first-rounder (not necessarily their own) in the three-year window.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/20/23 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
That is a good deal for Dallas

And probably signals that Atlanta intends to be good now and hopes that 24 or 25 pick is a high first rounder

Robinson, Gray, R. Howard , ?, Ch. Parker

Atlanta is clearly building an experienced team around young Star Howard

Definitely see Atlanta trying to fill the PF spot with someone like Bri Jones, A . Stevens or Charles and/or bringing back Billings. I wonder if Candace Parker would have any interest in Atl? Isn’t her day job with Turner and NBA TV there?

Atl still has the 8 and 15 pick in 23 to fill out the bench

I would love to see D. Miller fall to Dallas at #3, consolation prize Jones or Joens or Dallas maybe take a shot on Horston or R. Jackson there is some good options at 3 but D Miller seems like the best fit least question mark choice . I could see Haley Jones as a decent back court mate for a no real PG line up with Ogunbowale but would prefer Miller

Dallas getting off Gray contract does free some cap they lost when they brought in N Howard so they can still make or match strong offers for both Mabrey or McCowan or can go free agent shopping if they move on from either

Id Rather Have in this order at #3 Miller , Horston , Jackson , Jones , Joens.

Miller fits the mold has a pro ready body and can create her own shot off the drive just like Gray did .

Horston has size and can create off the dribble and create her own shot along with defend and rebound most likely because she's 6'2 she will do it better than gray as well . She wont shoot the 3 as good as Gray though .

Jackson is a gamer on the offensive end period . Offensive rebounds her mid range scoring ability is higher than anyone in this draft but i question her motor defensively we have enough of those types.

Haley Jones - I just dont think she fits the scheme of the Wings , but who am i to say because who knows what Scheme coach T will implement this season .

Joens - Id like her but not at #3 . Still a lot of What if's when it comes to her pro game adjustment .

PostPosted: 01/20/23 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Badger_Ball wrote:

WFFLs may come for me for saying this but idc – imo Dallas is gonna need to hand over an extra asset (#11, Collier, Alarie, etc) if the Wings are getting two 1RPs (potentially both being high picks), cuz i would think Atlanta's not gonna wanna risk losing them for but a single year of Gray, who appears dead-set on being a free agent in 2024

Gray is indicating she plans to resign with ATL . This is where she's wanted to be for a while now . Id hope she does not okey doke them after 1 season and verbal confirmation .

PostPosted: 01/20/23 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the Dallas Wings Head Coach Latricia Trammell might want to draft Haley Jones because of her defense if the Wings have the #3 Pick in the 2023 WNBA Draft.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/20/23 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
I think the Dallas Wings Head Coach Latricia Trammell might want to draft Haley Jones because of her defense if the Wings have the #3 Pick in the 2023 WNBA Draft.

Her Defense ? If Defense is the reason then id rather take Miller or Horston . Both are better rebounders and on ball defenders with more size and not a lot of limitations on offense. Her playmaking ability is matched by horstons her court awareness and smartness would be the only nod id give Haley jones over Miller and Horston at this point of their respective careers. Everything else she's even with them or they are better than her at . If you notice Bibb likes guard's who can shoot and not be left alone as a liability on offense. This is the main reason i dont think we take Haley jones if she's available. We spread the court for the likes of Ogunbowale , Mabrey and Sabally to drive and get open shots or throw it down to McCowan. Bringing Jones only allows the defense to sink in even more to stop all of the things were good at accomplishing when we had Gray/Thornton as that wing player. They both were 3 point threats that you had to respect from range. Haley Jones is not that.

PostPosted: 01/21/23 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Badger_Ball wrote:

LMAO....we respect everyone's opinion Stormeo + you make some very good points in many of your post even when I don't like hearing the truth 😔😒😤

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/21/23 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
The idea that Allisha Gray commands that much more in a trade that Jonquel Jones did ...

I know...right😆😆😆

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 01/21/23 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Per Rachel Galligan Winsidr:

The Dallas Wings have officially traded Allisha Gray to the Atlanta Dream in exchange for the 2023 No. 3 pick and 2025 First Round Pick, sources confirm to winsidr

https://twitter.com/RachGall/status/1616872013032980482

Per Kareem Copeland Washington Post:

Mystics also reached out to Dallas about trading for Gray, according to source. Not sure how far they got, but there was definitely interest.

https://twitter.com/kareemcopeland/status/1616875414147981314

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/21/23 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

it was already established that Washington along with Chicago and Connecticut were in the mix for Gray, if the poll choices didn’t make it obvious

PRballer

PostPosted: 01/22/23 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oops

Last edited by PRballer on 01/22/23 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
PRballer

PostPosted: 01/22/23 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So what does this mean for Tiffany Hayes? You’ve now got Gray and Howard as your starting wings I would assume. Coach Tanisha and her staff planning to have the veteran come off the bench? It’s a lot of firepower there in the ATL backcourt with Wheeler and DRob and Aari as your PGs….

lynxmania

PostPosted: 01/22/23 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
So what does this mean for Tiffany Hayes? You’ve now got Gray and Howard as your starting wings I would assume. Coach Tanisha and her staff planning to have the veteran come off the bench? It’s a lot of firepower there in the ATL backcourt with Wheeler and DRob and Aari as your PGs….

I don't expect Wheeler or Hayes to be in Dream uniform this season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: