5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
She ends up staying in Dallas
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 20

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 01/13/23 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have no strong opinion about any of this. Gonna be a hater and say she's overrated. She'll probably go to Atlanta since that seems to be the conduent for meaningless trades. Neither team will get significantly better, just keep treading waters.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 01/13/23 1:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This Allisha Gray trade speculation reminds me of the Aerial Powers trade that happen between the Mystics and Wings, the Mystics sent Tayler Hill, a 2nd round pick and the Wings had the option to switch a 1st round pick with the Mystics. The difference is Gray has 1 year left on her contract and Powers had 2 years left on her contract.

I can see the Mystics offering Myisha Hines-Allen, a 2nd round pick and a option for Dallas to switch a 2024 1st round pick with the Mystics for Allisha Gray with the understanding that she agrees to sign a contract extension and another player. The Mystics likely will have to play Allisha Gray mostly at small forward in 2023.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/13/23 1:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
i’m personally most intrigued by Connecticut, especially if either of the couples on the team (Bonner & AThomas, Hiedeman & JThomas) are return options in what would shape up to be a 'blockbuster-adjacent' deal

finally decided to vote "Connecticut" precisely in order to manifest this, i think both teams would ultimately benefit from a trade that shakes things up a bit if it's as even-sided as possible

Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/13/23 6:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
I have no strong opinion about any of this. Gonna be a hater and say she's overrated. She'll probably go to Atlanta since that seems to be the conduent for meaningless trades. Neither team will get significantly better, just keep treading waters.

Yeah im not really that sold either. I think Gray and B Jones are pretty even tbh. B Jones is still underrated on this board tbh.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/13/23 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

For 7, 13 and Henderson I'd be tempted to do it even without the extension. Indiana are one of the few teams who could happily core her at the end of the season and not really care that it'd be an overpay if she just signed it.

From the Dallas side they do have to bear in mind both the cap and the roster elements. If you were going to pay BJones and Hiedeman in the suggestion above, for example, someone else meaningful (like Mabrey or McCowan) is going out the door. So there's extra cost beyond what's actually involved in the deal.

Apologies for bringing reality into all this.

Would it work if Izzy walks and we cut Collier & Dickey?

I'm already assuming Harrison's gone. Cut Collier and Dickey, trade away Gray, you'd be down to 7 players and $673,564 of cap space. Vaguely plausible you'd fit Mabrey, McCowan, Jones and Hiedeman into that, I guess. Not sure I'd call it likely.

I will be so glad when we find some stability and stop having to worry about situations like this every 2-3 years....so frustrating!!!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/13/23 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
This Allisha Gray trade speculation reminds me of the Aerial Powers trade that happen between the Mystics and Wings, the Mystics sent Tayler Hill, a 2nd round pick and the Wings had the option to switch a 1st round pick with the Mystics. The difference is Gray has 1 year left on her contract and Powers had 2 years left on her contract.

I can see the Mystics offering Myisha Hines-Allen, a 2nd round pick and a option for Dallas to switch a 2024 1st round pick with the Mystics for Allisha Gray with the understanding that she agrees to sign a contract extension and another player. The Mystics likely will have to play Allisha Gray mostly at small forward in 2023.

The major difference is one of those players during that trade did not try and have an altercation with a member of the staff which forced her to get shipped out via trade Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 01/13/23 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
here they come indeed, and i don’t wanna stay patient Laughing as said above, Gray’s value is nerfed a bit since she’s on the last year of her deal and seemingly isn’t willing to sign an extension (and i don’t really blame her)

Atlanta:

—Gray for the #8
—Gray for [the rights to] Hayes + the #15
—Gray + Burton/Harris + the #11 for McDonald + the #8 + the #15

Chicago:

—Gray + Alarie/Burton/Collier/Harris/Kuier/the #11 for the #5
—Gray + the #19 for [the rights to] Gardner
—Gray + Alarie/Collier/Kuier + the #11 for Hebard + the #5 + 2024/25 2RP

Connecticut:

—Gray + Alarie/Collier/Kuier + 2024/25 1RP for Bonner + AThomas
—Gray + Sabally (+ the #11) for Bonner + AThomas
—Gray + Burton/Harris for JThomas + Hiedeman

Washington:

—Gray + Alarie/Burton/Collier/Harris/Kuier/the #11 for the #4
—Gray for Atkins
—Gray + Alarie/Burton/Collier/Harris/Kuier/the #11 for Hines-Allen

Las Vegas:

Gray for the #36 (assuming we don't trade it straight up for Stewie)

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I know right !! May as well with the ideas being tossed Laughing Laughing Laughing Exclamation Exclamation

PostPosted: 01/13/23 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
How about the No. 7 pick and any player not named Smith or K Mitchell or Egbo from Indiana?

#7, #13 + Henderson

If she signs an extension at the time of the trade, sure.

For 7, 13 and Henderson I'd be tempted to do it even without the extension. Indiana are one of the few teams who could happily core her at the end of the season and not really care that it'd be an overpay if she just signed it.

From the Dallas side they do have to bear in mind both the cap and the roster elements. If you were going to pay BJones and Hiedeman in the suggestion above, for example, someone else meaningful (like Mabrey or McCowan) is going out the door. So there's extra cost beyond what's actually involved in the deal.

No to Jones , we don't need her we already have McCowan who's younger and also Cheaper as well as she has more untapped potential . Heideman hmmm id rather have Mabrey instead.

PostPosted: 01/13/23 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I am sticking with

To Atl for the #3 pick

It is easy, makes sense for both teams (Atlanta adds a perfect complimentary veto to a Howard led team, Dallas gets a high draft pick and Dallas frees up cap space to secure Mabrey and McCowan and depending on how much their contracts are the Wings might even have enough left over for a vet minimum or more to add a little more experience to their roster) and the trade moves both teams in a positive direction

This actually is not a bad idea when you let it ponder. Trade Grays salary , draft ANOTHER rookie scale salary (Miller , Jones , Rickea , Horston , Osborne (If injury is not serious) . Gray is a great player but she's not irreplaceable. Her shooting may end up being the most missed on our squad. The way she attacks the rim can be duplicated by the likes of Diamond Miller imo.

PostPosted: 01/13/23 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Would it work if Izzy walks and we cut Collier & Dickey?

I'm already assuming Harrison's gone. Cut Collier and Dickey, trade away Gray, you'd be down to 7 players and $673,564 of cap space. Vaguely plausible you'd fit Mabrey, McCowan, Jones and Hiedeman into that, I guess. Not sure I'd call it likely.

We would need to play even "Slowerrr" adding Bri Jones , although a front line of her and McCowan could be very productive im not a fan of 2 slow posts with the direction the league is headed having versatile inside out posts who can stretch the floor. We would continuously get burned by the likes of Connecticut Sun etc. I think Bri Jones ends up in ATL with Gray possibly.

PostPosted: 01/13/23 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I am sticking with

To Atl for the #3 pick

not a huge fan in general of trading a lottery pick away (incl. 3-4 years under contract) for someone who very well might up & leave only a year later

separately – perhaps contradictory to that – i wonder how big of a talent disparity Atlanta or Dallas thinks exist between the #3 pick and the #8 pick this year

scullyfu

PostPosted: 01/13/23 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m a Seattle homer & continue to believe she will stay in Seatown.

PostPosted: 01/13/23 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
I’m a Seattle homer & continue to believe she will stay in Seatown.

(wrong thread)

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/14/23 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:

I wouldn't go as far as saying overrated but I certainly don't agree with the dooms day energy towards our team we are getting because she wants out, as if she's on the same level as: Cambage or SDS!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/14/23 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="J-Spoon"]I am sticking with

To Atl for the #3 pick

It is easy, makes sense for both teams (Atlanta adds a perfect complimentary veto to a Howard led team, Dallas gets a high draft pick and Dallas frees up cap space to secure Mabrey and McCowan and depending on how much their contracts are the Wings might even have enough left over for a vet minimum or more to add a little more experience to their roster) and the trade moves both teams in a positive direction[/quote

I would take that deal also, plus ATL has the cap space and their fans seems to really want her in Dream uniform.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/14/23 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I am sticking with

To Atl for the #3 pick

It is easy, makes sense for both teams (Atlanta adds a perfect complimentary veto to a Howard led team, Dallas gets a high draft pick and Dallas frees up cap space to secure Mabrey and McCowan and depending on how much their contracts are the Wings might even have enough left over for a vet minimum or more to add a little more experience to their roster) and the trade moves both teams in a positive direction

I would take that deal also, plus ATL has the cap space and their fans seems to really want to see her in a Dream uniform.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/18/23 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
https://twitter.com/MAVoepel/status/1615865386121187328

Gray to Atl. I think she would've thrived under Coach Trammel or possibly would made it to Vegas but alas she's headed to the Dream.

looks like a rare poll-choice W for pilight 😜

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/18/23 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But for what?

Optimistic

Medium
#8 and McDonald

Less good for Dallas
Just #8

Out of the box
Rites to Hayes

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/18/23 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
But for what?

i’m told that future (2024/2025) picks can’t be traded until saturday, so we may not hear this move officially announced until then for that very reason

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/18/23 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

24 first round pick would be intersting

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/18/23 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the article written by Voepel based off his tweet just says, “details are still being finalized, but the deal also involves draft picks,” and that “there is an agreement in place”

that, to me, implies future picks – but if it's announced before saturday, then it’s just '23 picks

it could also just involve non-sexy stuff like future 2nd- or 3rd-rounders (though in addition to pre-existing 2023 1RPs or actual players)

Milks26

PostPosted: 01/19/23 2:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

23 class is where it's at. #3 - Jones or Miller.....pick 8

PostPosted: 01/19/23 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Hayes is not coming back?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/19/23 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
So Hayes is not coming back?

it would be ideal (for the Dream at least) if Hayes were part of whatever the return will be

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/19/23 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anything that does not equate to #3 being involved is a losing trade for us in my opinion . yes Gray was not a top go to player during her time with us but she's a ROY. No way she goes for less than the 3rd pick. I like whomever came up with the #8 & Ari but i want #3.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: