RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA 2023 Mock Offseason

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 12/22/22 11:51 am    ::: WNBA 2023 Mock Offseason Reply Reply with quote

Our third annual stab at playing WNBA general managers, using all the real numbers, rules, qualifying offers, yadda yadda yadda (but with very little of that swallowing anything up if you don't really care about the minor details). Participants include Kevin Pelton of ESPN, Sabreena Merchant of The Athletic, and various members of the Her Hoop Stats crew, including myself. Available in podcast form wherever you get your podcasts, including Apple Podcasts here, here and here (there are three parts). You can also watch it on YouTube if you want, starting here.

Hope everyone enjoys.

PostPosted: 12/23/22 10:53 am    ::: Re: WNBA 2023 Mock Offseason Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Our third annual stab at playing WNBA general managers, using all the real numbers, rules, qualifying offers, yadda yadda yadda (but with very little of that swallowing anything up if you don't really care about the minor details). Participants include Kevin Pelton of ESPN, Sabreena Merchant of The Athletic, and various members of the Her Hoop Stats crew, including myself. Available in podcast form wherever you get your podcasts, including Apple Podcasts here, here and here (there are three parts). You can also watch it on YouTube if you want, starting here.

Hope everyone enjoys.

I watched all 3 episodes on YouTube until 4am this morning. It's fun to watch you guys do these exercises and they all seem so real but as usual Dallas gets basically nothing while everyone else upgrades substantially😒

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 12/23/22 7:08 pm    ::: Re: WNBA 2023 Mock Offseason Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Hope everyone enjoys.

I watched all 3 episodes on YouTube until 4am this morning. It's fun to watch you guys do these exercises and they all seem so real but as usual Dallas gets basically nothing while everyone else upgrades substantially😒

So accurate?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/24/22 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

finally got around to completing the 3-part series – very fun mock! y'all did a great job once again

unfortunate timing-wise that BG's status was discounted, cuz that one equation change for Phoenix affects the entire rest of the league

i was surprised in particular by the heightened valuation for Carleton ($120k i think was agreed upon? but even mentioning her in the talks at all) and the imo continued under-valuation for CWill in the low $100ks

Bobby was a great new addition in general, and a great salesman for Atlanta

it would've been interesting had Sabreena not been assigned/not chosen LA and Phoenix, cuz i think those two teams in particular will be competing for some of the same players

i do think there'll be more shake-ups at the top than there ended up being in the mock, but it's hard of course pinning down where those'll come from irl

looking at all the team's situations, this indeed may be the first year in a while that no one gets cored – an outlier year perhaps, or a result of these newer coring rules?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: