Board Junkies Forums

2023 WNBA Cap/Roster Breakdowns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/06/23 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
and it probably goes without saying that if Mabrey and/or McCowan were to want out of Dallas, they wouldn’t be returning to the Wings either no matter how much $ they’d get by returning

I can't speak for Mabrey but Mccowan has consistently raved about her appreciation for being in Dallas and for reasons both personal & professional....plus she likes hanging out with Arike in Deep Ellum 😂😂😂

McCowan is home Bryan, Texas and grew up in Brenham, Texas, where she graduated from Brenham High School. so i doubt she chooses to leave after half a season. I think we are all overanalyzing the mabrey situation as well . She's become a true player in this league in a wings uniform after LA gave up on her. Im confident she will be matched as well .

PostPosted: 01/06/23 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
and it probably goes without saying that if Mabrey and/or McCowan were to want out of Dallas, they wouldn’t be returning to the Wings either no matter how much $ they’d get by returning

Neither expressed that. The great thing about Restricted free agents teams can offer the moon and we can just match it , Hopefully .. Laughing Laughing Im more confident in a McCowan match versus a Mabrey Match if those dollars get a bit stiff LOL. Who could you see offering Mabrey Big bucks outside of Seattle , Maybe NY or Chicago ?

Atlanta will be the top bidder for Mabrey.

Currently under contract with the Dream below , so they have the money and room to throw at Mabrey. Do they see her worth a max offer or more than 170K is the question?

Cheyenne Parker
Aari McDonald
Rhyne Howard
Naz Hillmon
Kristy Wallace

PostPosted: 01/06/23 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I can't speak for Mabrey but Mccowan has consistently raved about her appreciation for being in Dallas and for reasons both personal & professional....plus she likes hanging out with Arike in Deep Ellum 😂😂😂

McCowan is home Bryan, Texas and grew up in Brenham, Texas, where she graduated from Brenham High School. so i doubt she chooses to leave after half a season. I think we are all overanalyzing the mabrey situation as well . She's become a true player in this league in a wings uniform after LA gave up on her. Im confident she will be matched as well .

I definitely want them BOTH back! My hope again for this season is to resign them both, cutting Dickey and adding: Sykes or Coffee....I know you want Horston but all the mocks I see have her gone well ahead of us.

If we keep our pick at #11, don't waste it make it count! I also hope they invite Unique Thompson back to camp because I see her making it this time based on how good she's looked in Europe this year.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/06/23 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Neither expressed that. The great thing about Restricted free agents teams can offer the moon and we can just match it , Hopefully .. Laughing Laughing Im more confident in a McCowan match versus a Mabrey Match if those dollars get a bit stiff LOL. Who could you see offering Mabrey Big bucks outside of Seattle , Maybe NY or Chicago ?

Currently under contract with the Dream below , so they have the money and room to throw at Mabrey. Do they see her worth a max offer or more than 170K is the question?

Cheyenne Parker
Aari McDonald
Rhyne Howard
Naz Hillmon
Kristy Wallace

If they are currently willing to pay Cheyenne Parker $190, 550 I don't see them hesitating to pay Mabrey!!!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/06/23 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I definitely want them BOTH back! My hope again for this season is to resign them both, cutting Dickey and adding: Sykes or Coffee....I know you want Horston but all the mocks I see have her gone well ahead of us.

If we keep our pick at #11, don't waste it make it count! I also hope they invite Unique Thompson back to camp because I see her making it this time based on how good she's looked in Europe this year.

Why so ready to cut Dickey and not Collier who's done absolutely zero in 2 seasons after dickey only getting 1 ?

PostPosted: 01/06/23 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

If Atlanta throws 190K and we dont match you can have the team LOL . What really becomes interesting is if AG decides to stay then our funds get a little short LOL

Cheyenne Parker
Aari McDonald
Rhyne Howard
Naz Hillmon
Kristy Wallace

If they are currently willing to pay Cheyenne Parker $190, 550 I don't see them hesitating to pay Mabrey!!!
Embarassed Embarassed If ATL drops 190K for mabrey we better match it , the interesting deal here is AG . She's going to decide a lot for us in free agency and matching offers. If not i vote Bring Alarie back drop collier , dickey to free up some $$$. Or the Opposite Drop Alarie and collier keep dickey to free up the moneys.

PostPosted: 01/06/23 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You'd have to find someone to take Alarie off your hands, unless she's going to agree to just not show up again. That's $83,194 of guaranteed money assuming she turns up for camp.

PostPosted: 01/06/23 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Why so ready to cut Dickey and not Collier who's done absolutely zero in 2 seasons after dickey only getting 1 ?

Because despite VJ's obvious distain for CC, I still see the potential in her if given the opportunity whereas Dickey was missing wide open layups and throwing up jump shots that were so hard I thought the glass would shatter... basically I see CC developing much faster than Dickey if both were given an equal opportunity, plus if they both were to leave I guarantee you CC would have success on another team before JD would!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/06/23 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

If Atlanta throws 190K and we dont match you can have the team LOL . What really becomes interesting is if AG decides to stay then our funds get a little short LOL

Cheyenne Parker
Aari McDonald
Rhyne Howard
Naz Hillmon
Kristy Wallace

Embarassed Embarassed If ATL drops 190K for mabrey we better match it , the interesting deal here is AG . She's going to decide a lot for us in free agency and matching offers. If not i vote Bring Alarie back drop collier , dickey to free up some $$$. Or the Opposite Drop Alarie and collier keep dickey to free up the moneys.

Not a bad idea either.....

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/06/23 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alisia Jenkins is the star player on Collier's team in Israel. I figure you could probably get her for a training camp contract...

PostPosted: 01/06/23 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
You'd have to find someone to take Alarie off your hands, unless she's going to agree to just not show up again. That's $83,194 of guaranteed money assuming she turns up for camp.

Milks26

PostPosted: 01/06/23 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd like Alarie to come back. If Mabrey leaves - I like her... but she can be replaced. Not a PG anyway.

CC or Dickey...????

I see them resigning McGowan Neutral

Gray's been home since 2017 maybe VJ was the reason she wanted out. After all she stayed during Cambage, Powers and Diggins upheaval days. Time will tell with this

PostPosted: 01/07/23 12:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Whether any team offers a contract to Unique Thompson or Mya Hollingshed is definitely a storyline.
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/07/23 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Alisia Jenkins is the star player on Collier's team in Israel. I figure you could probably get her for a training camp contract...

LOVE her game, speed, size & athleticism...I'll take her right now over Awak or Charli!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/07/23 8:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
I'd like Alarie to come back. If Mabrey leaves - I like her... but she can be replaced. Not a PG anyway.

CC or Dickey...????

Gray's been home since 2017 maybe VJ was the reason she wanted out. After all she stayed during Cambage, Powers and Diggins upheaval days. Time will tell with this

I'm hoping VJ was the issue with AG as well but if not, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it just like when SDS decided to pull her stunt! Either way they should be able to get a meaningful return in the exchange so I would be ok with it.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/07/23 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Whether any team offers a contract to Unique Thompson or Mya Hollingshed is definitely a storyline.

I'm not familiar with Hollingshed but I will check her out.

Milks26

PostPosted: 01/07/23 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

CC or Dickey...????

I'm hoping VJ was the issue with AG as well but if not, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it just like when SDS decided to pull her stunt! Either way they should be able to get a meaningful return in the exchange so I would be ok with it.

But would they use the return properly?

They also said, 'may be traded'. So, its a wait and see game

PostPosted: 01/07/23 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
awhom111 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Hollingshed was the surprise pick for Vegas last year at #10 who didn't make it out of camp. Give me Thompson. But will they offer her a training contract again???

PostPosted: 01/07/23 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

PostPosted: 01/07/23 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

no problem, y’all can just trudge out a pregnant Achonwa to eat some minutes (:

i was just thinking back to the rumor that Reeve originally wanted to draft Alarie back in 2020 – at least if y’all got her now, it’d be at low cost in both $ (vet min for one year) and what you’d have to give up to get her (maybe just a 3RP let alone a 2RP)

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/08/23 2:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Because despite VJ's obvious distain for CC, I still see the potential in her if given the opportunity whereas Dickey was missing wide open layups and throwing up jump shots that were so hard I thought the glass would shatter... basically I see CC developing much faster than Dickey if both were given an equal opportunity, plus if they both were to leave I guarantee you CC would have success on another team before JD would!!!

Can you tell
Me what game during her career practice or overseas has shown potential
In your opinion? Serious question…

PostPosted: 01/08/23 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

CC or Dickey...????

But would they use the return properly?

They also said, 'may be traded'. So, its a wait and see game

Just wished I knew the actual facts surrounding all of this with her and who let it be known first that they wanted a trade or wanted her to be traded!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/08/23 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
awhom111 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Hollingshed was the surprise pick for Vegas last year at #10 who didn't make it out of camp. Give me Thompson. But will they offer her a training contract again???

Why not they kept giving one to Morgan Bertsch👀

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/08/23 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Can you tell

Against LA, LV and ATL.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/08/23 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Can you tell

Keep in mind my response is only in reference to Collier vs Dickey not anyone else.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: