RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2023 WNBA Cap/Roster Breakdowns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/03/23 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

History suggests that no one values Dallas Wings players more highly than Greg Bibb values his own Dallas Wings players. So I think the most likely course of events is that they end up paying Mabrey and McCowan, whether through their own negotiations or matching offer sheets. Might well require going down to an 11-player roster - either cut Dickey, do something with Collier, get Alarie to sign-off on not playing again, whatever - but then the money's workable whatever the offers might be. Of course then they basically can't do anything in free agency, but that's the price.

An Allisha Gray deal could change the maths significantly in multiple areas, of course.

PostPosted: 01/03/23 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree the best move for Dallas might seem boring but they can come right out of the gate and offer Mabrey and McCowan 180k each I would definitely start there and if I have to cut Dickey or Collier to up the ante I would

Building a team around Mabrey, Ogunbowale and McCowan makes sense, they are all reaching their prime at the same time so Dallas probably has a 3-5 year window with them and if Sabally oe Kuier reach their potential Dallas is in a really good spot.

If not come 24 they will have a lot more cap freed up to bring in that vet to get them over the top or another 27/8 year old ready to commit to 3 the window.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/03/23 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I agree the best move for Dallas might seem boring but they can come right out of the gate and offer Mabrey and McCowan 180k each I would definitely start there and if I have to cut Dickey or Collier to up the ante I would

Building a team around Mabrey, Ogunbowale and McCowan makes sense, they are all reaching their prime at the same time so Dallas probably has a 3-5 year window with them and if Sabally oe Kuier reach their potential Dallas is in a really good spot.

If not come 24 they will have a lot more cap freed up to bring in that vet to get them over the top or another 27/8 year old ready to commit to 3 the window.

How many times have we been here already ? Time to start making investment's Bibby.

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 01/03/23 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Pay McCowan...End of story .

Do you think Mabrey walks?

No , but if we cannot afford her she will take the money elsewhere. McCowan is priority , guards come a dime a dozen in these college drafts. Do i trust Harris or Burton to replace what mabrey brings ? Not a chance.......

No belief that Collier can replace McCowan? Laughing Razz

I think i have a better chance at seeing a uni-corn score a buzzer beater in the WNBA finals before that happens Laughing Laughing . I'm just praying we don't low ball her and lose her ala Court Williams & The Conn Sun first go around.

PostPosted: 01/03/23 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

How many times have we been here already ? Time to start making investment's Bibby.

No doubt

But how do you feel about the keeping Mabrey and McCowan and building around them and Ogunbowale?

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/03/23 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Pay McCowan...End of story .

Do you think Mabrey walks?

No , but if we cannot afford her she will take the money elsewhere. McCowan is priority , guards come a dime a dozen in these college drafts. Do i trust Harris or Burton to replace what mabrey brings ? Not a chance.......

+1

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/03/23 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
History suggests that no one values Dallas Wings players more highly than Greg Bibb values his own Dallas Wings players. So I think the most likely course of events is that they end up paying Mabrey and McCowan, whether through their own negotiations or matching offer sheets. Might well require going down to an 11-player roster - either cut Dickey, do something with Collier, get Alarie to sign-off on not playing again, whatever - but then the money's workable whatever the offers might be. Of course then they basically can't do anything in free agency, but that's the price.

An Allisha Gray deal could change the maths significantly in multiple areas, of course.

I could be wrong but I think the situation in Dallas is the most interesting one in the W this coming free agency...maybe second to Seattle but definitely top 3!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/03/23 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Agreed, I defer back to what Stormeo said the other day because I agree 100%.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/03/23 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Legitimate question to Dallas fans what are the moves you would like to see your team make?

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 01/04/23 2:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

I could be wrong but I think the situation in Dallas is the most interesting one in the W this coming free agency...maybe second to Seattle but definitely top 3!!!

Every W fan is asking one question this free agency season. Where is Stewart going?🧐

PostPosted: 01/04/23 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Legitimate question to Dallas fans what are the moves you would like to see your team make?

I dont want to make this a huge topic , because last year we made progress with our first playoff win . So Dallas's direction should continue to trend upward. I believe fans of the league are so use to the Wings being in limbo that this is the first offseason where we are pretty solid. Resign McCowan match any offer for mabrey and run it back again. No PP's needed this offseason no influx of 3 to 5 rookie's joining the team . We are good . Now Indiana , Minnesota , Seattle , LA have bigger questions marks on their future in my opinion than dallas right now.

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 01/05/23 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/04/23 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Every W fan is asking one question this free agency season. Where is Stewart going?🧐

I agree that's why I put us at #2.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/04/23 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Replace Jasmine Dickey with one of: Brittney Sykes, Nia Coffee or Maddy Siegrist.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/04/23 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Replace Jasmine Dickey with one of: Brittney Sykes, Nia Coffee or Maddy Siegrist.

Yes I agree Sykes or Coffey would be a nice addition for the Wings

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/05/23 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Sykes or Horston would be Ideal. Horston can play 1-3 and Thornton is not getting any younger. With AG just about all the way out the door we need back up options at SF unless we plan on Using Satou at the 3 Awak at PF and McCowan at C.

PostPosted: 01/05/23 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
With AG just about all the way out the door

so Gray still wants out of Dallas even despite the coaching change – good to know

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/05/23 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
With AG just about all the way out the door

so Gray still wants out of Dallas even despite the coaching change – good to know

Not in stone , but i have not heard of anything changing with her with the coaching change so im unsure. Most likely Bibb makes the decision if a player does not want to be here they wont . That's one thing i respect about the guy. Now if she has a change of heart and chooses to stay AMEN. If not get a lottery pick or a seasoned vet for her. **Cough Cough Nneka , Howard (If Stewie Goes to NY) .

PostPosted: 01/05/23 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

and it probably goes without saying that if Mabrey and/or McCowan were to want out of Dallas, they wouldn’t be returning to the Wings either no matter how much $ they’d get by returning

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/05/23 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
and it probably goes without saying that if Mabrey and/or McCowan were to want out of Dallas, they wouldn’t be returning to the Wings either no matter how much $ they’d get by returning

Neither expressed that. The great thing about Restricted free agents teams can offer the moon and we can just match it , Hopefully .. Laughing Laughing Im more confident in a McCowan match versus a Mabrey Match if those dollars get a bit stiff LOL. Who could you see offering Mabrey Big bucks outside of Seattle , Maybe NY or Chicago ?

PostPosted: 01/05/23 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Neither expressed that. The great thing about Restricted free agents teams can offer the moon and we can just match it , Hopefully .. Laughing Laughing Im more confident in a McCowan match versus a Mabrey Match if those dollars get a bit stiff LOL. Who could you see offering Mabrey Big bucks outside of Seattle , Maybe NY or Chicago ?

With a few exceptions (Conn, Wash, Minn, LV) I can see Mabrey going just about anywhere if she doesn’t go back to Dallas

Obviously I’d hope for Seattle or NY

It does become a lot easier to match any offer sheet both Mabrey & McCowan sign if Gray is traded, so it’d be in everyone’s best interest if such a trade were completed in as timely a manner as possible

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/05/23 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

With a few exceptions (Conn, Wash, Minn, LV) I can see Mabrey going just about anywhere if she doesn’t go back to Dallas

Obviously I’d hope for Seattle or NY

It does become a lot easier to match any offer sheet both Mabrey & McCowan sign if Gray is traded, so it’d be in everyone’s best interest if such a trade were completed in as timely a manner as possible

____________X

The longer it alludes us the more i start thinking Gray has had a change of heart based off pure speculation . I guess come End of month we can truly know or find out the stance on her.

PostPosted: 01/06/23 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

I sent Sykes the top reasons she should consider Dallas this season but she ignored me 😒😒😒

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/06/23 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Sykes or Horston would be Ideal. Horston can play 1-3 and Thornton is not getting any younger. With AG just about all the way out the door we need back up options at SF unless we plan on Using Satou at the 3 Awak at PF and McCowan at C.

I haven't watched much of Horston but I will today.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/06/23 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

I can't speak for Mabrey but Mccowan has consistently raved about her appreciation for being in Dallas and for reasons both personal & professional....plus she likes hanging out with Arike in Deep Ellum 😂😂😂

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/06/23 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Atlanta will be the top bidder for Mabrey.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: