DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
awhom111 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
and it probably goes without saying that if Mabrey and/or McCowan were to want out of Dallas, they wouldn’t be returning to the Wings either no matter how much $ they’d get by returning

I can't speak for Mabrey but Mccowan has consistently raved about her appreciation for being in Dallas and for reasons both personal & professional....plus she likes hanging out with Arike in Deep Ellum 😂😂😂

McCowan is home Bryan, Texas and grew up in Brenham, Texas, where she graduated from Brenham High School. so i doubt she chooses to leave after half a season. I think we are all overanalyzing the mabrey situation as well . She's become a true player in this league in a wings uniform after LA gave up on her. Im confident she will be matched as well .

I definitely want them BOTH back! My hope again for this season is to resign them both, cutting Dickey and adding: Sykes or Coffee....I know you want Horston but all the mocks I see have her gone well ahead of us.

If we keep our pick at #11, don't waste it make it count! I also hope they invite Unique Thompson back to camp because I see her making it this time based on how good she's looked in Europe this year.

Whether any team offers a contract to Unique Thompson or Mya Hollingshed is definitely a storyline.

I'm not familiar with Hollingshed but I will check her out.

Hollingshed was the surprise pick for Vegas last year at #10 who didn't make it out of camp. Give me Thompson. But will they offer her a training contract again???

Why not they kept giving one to Morgan Bertsch👀

True, true. Thompson would a great back up center or even starter.

PostPosted: 01/08/23 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could be wrong but I think the reason the poster made a comment about Thompson or Hoolingshead getting an offer would be a storyline is because they both signed to Russian teams after Griner was detained and that may be viewed by some as controversial

Milks26

PostPosted: 01/08/23 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Could be wrong but I think the reason the poster made a comment about Thompson or Hoolingshead getting an offer would be a storyline is because they both signed to Russian teams after Griner was detained and that may be viewed by some as controversial

At the end of the day, you have to eat. As long as they don't do anyting illegal they'll be fine. The time Griner got was wrong but let's not forget why she was arrested

PostPosted: 01/08/23 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
awhom111 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
and it probably goes without saying that if Mabrey and/or McCowan were to want out of Dallas, they wouldn’t be returning to the Wings either no matter how much $ they’d get by returning

I can't speak for Mabrey but Mccowan has consistently raved about her appreciation for being in Dallas and for reasons both personal & professional....plus she likes hanging out with Arike in Deep Ellum 😂😂😂

McCowan is home Bryan, Texas and grew up in Brenham, Texas, where she graduated from Brenham High School. so i doubt she chooses to leave after half a season. I think we are all overanalyzing the mabrey situation as well . She's become a true player in this league in a wings uniform after LA gave up on her. Im confident she will be matched as well .

I definitely want them BOTH back! My hope again for this season is to resign them both, cutting Dickey and adding: Sykes or Coffee....I know you want Horston but all the mocks I see have her gone well ahead of us.

If we keep our pick at #11, don't waste it make it count! I also hope they invite Unique Thompson back to camp because I see her making it this time based on how good she's looked in Europe this year.

Whether any team offers a contract to Unique Thompson or Mya Hollingshed is definitely a storyline.

Hollingshed was the surprise pick for Vegas last year at #10 who didn't make it out of camp. Give me Thompson. But will they offer her a training contract again???

I doubt Bibb would allow her to start over T-Mac but the way she's been playing she would definitely get more mpg than Izzy got this past season!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/08/23 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
awhom111 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I doubt Bibb would allow her to start over T-Mac but the way she's been playing she would definitely get more mpg than Izzy got this past season!

Milks26

PostPosted: 01/08/23 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
awhom111 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Me either - in Bibb's mind he gave too much for McGowan - she has to start. I hope Izzy's not back this season. Time to move on there

PostPosted: 01/08/23 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

At the end of the day, you have to eat. As long as they don't do anyting illegal they'll be fine. The time Griner got was wrong but let's not forget why she was arrested

I am not offering an opinion in either direction but

Clearly many if not all the W players who played in Russia in years past chose not to return to this season

And most players in the fringe/borderline WNBA player level as Hollingshead and Thompson are probably could get work in other decent International leagues like Turkey, Spain, Israel, Italy, France etc

Again not judging just commenting on an interesting dynamic

I am however not suggesting anyone should be blacklisted for choosing to play in Russia

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/09/23 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
awhom111 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Me either - in Bibb's mind he gave too much for McGowan - she has to start. I hope Izzy's not back this season. Time to move on there

I actually don't have a problem with giving up what we did to get Mccowan and I thinks she's definitely worth it in the long-term besides we were holding onto too many picks that we would not have been able to keep either way, so I have to give him credit for that move....I agree with you on Izzy as well, just hope they make her replacement count regardless of what position she plays!

Milks26

PostPosted: 01/09/23 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
awhom111 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I actually don't have a problem with giving up what we did to get Mccowan and I thinks she's definitely worth it in the long-term besides we were holding onto too many picks that we would not have been able to keep either way, so I have to give him credit for that move....I agree with you on Izzy as well, just hope they make her replacement count regardless of what position she plays!

Would love to see Slooty in Dallas - but the GM...she won't come here.

I just hope McGowan comes in shape for the season. Hopefully she learnt her lesson from last yr. You're coming in late can barely run down the court and you have to learn a new system again.

PostPosted: 01/10/23 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
awhom111 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Would love to see Slooty in Dallas - but the GM...she won't come here.

I just hope McGowan comes in shape for the season. Hopefully she learnt her lesson from last yr. You're coming in late can barely run down the court and you have to learn a new system again.

I think the more someone like her plays overseas the faster she will mature in life and professionalism will become a priority so hopefully we won't have that repeat again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: