RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Memphis player has warrant for arrest following game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BallState1984

PostPosted: 03/24/23 4:51 pm    ::: Memphis player has warrant for arrest following game Reply Reply with quote

Well, you hire trash as a coach you get trash for players.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/college-womens-basketball-player-punched-by-member-of-losing-team?%3Futm_source=facebook

PostPosted: 03/25/23 2:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And now it looks like she will be coaching Cincinnati. Why do you consider her trash?

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 03/25/23 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
And now it looks like she will be coaching Cincinnati. Why do you consider her trash?

She wrote a paper for a student while an assistant coach at Purdue and made impermissible contact with recruits while there.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/25/23 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

She wrote a paper for a student while an assistant coach at Purdue and made impermissible contact with recruits while there.

That was a good while back. Give her a break. People learn and change. And if a player you recruited does something egregious, normally you dismiss that player, but she is no longer the coach there. However, I’ve seen that done other times in other places for even lesser offenses, so it pretty much stands to reason that it would have happened in this case too.

PostPosted: 03/25/23 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Goes back long before her "missteps" at Purdue. She and her family, have the infamous The Family AAU squad in Indy which is well known for bending the rules and violating ISHAA regulations.

PostPosted: 03/25/23 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the information.

I certainly thought it was a bad look for Cincinnati to hire her right after the incident with Shutes. I'm not saying that Merriwether should be blamed for the punch, but the optics are bad.

Lillian Hidgepork

PostPosted: 03/26/23 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two of the biggest cheaters in the game, Merriweather and Yo. Cut from the same cloth.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/26/23 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lillian Hidgepork wrote:
Two of the biggest cheaters in the game, Merriweather and Yo. Cut from the same cloth.

Yo who? not Coach Yo at Ole Miss? if so, ya better explain that one.

Lillian Hidgepork

PostPosted: 03/26/23 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Lillian Hidgepork wrote:

Do you know any other "Yo". Common knowledge among coaches.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/26/23 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lillian Hidgepork wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Lillian Hidgepork wrote:

ok well, i’m not a coach, so i wouldn’t know. you’re more than welcome to explain – i’m willing to hear you out.

PG4ever

PostPosted: 03/26/23 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lillian Hidgepork wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Lillian Hidgepork wrote:

Kind of disingenuous of you to besmirch the coach's reputation and then all you have to offer as proof is "common knowledge among coaches." Coach Yo has not been accused of any wrongdoing by the NCAA and if it's "common knowledge among coaches" (as you allege) I find it interesting that with all those coaches (allegedly) having knowledge of it, word hasn't gotten out to the public especially with all of the recent publicity Ole Miss and Coach Yo have gotten. If you have any evidence of cheating feel free to share it. Otherwise I would hope you would extend the same courtesy to Coach Yo as you would want others to extend to you as a coach.

whoopsjunkie2

PostPosted: 03/27/23 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This isn't the first time this season that Memphis has had problems with players trying to get in fights. Their coach very clearly encourages this type of behavior. Not to mention, her assistant coaches encourage it too. If your only way to problem solve is to encourage fighting then maybe you shouldn't be molding young people.

tfan

PostPosted: 03/27/23 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know if they could do anything to the Memphis player at this point if she left with the team.

Quote:
Uniformed officers patrol the campus using marked police cars, bicycles, and foot patrols and are empowered to arrest any offender and bring that person before the local court system for judgment. Likewise, the Office of Student Life is responsible for on-campus disciplinary proceedings. The BGSU Police Department and the Office of Student Life work collaboratively to resolve incidents of student misconduct that involve University policy and procedures.

https://www.bgsu.edu/public-safety/bgsu-police.html

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 03/27/23 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I don't know if they could do anything to the Memphis player at this point if she left with the team.

Quote:
Uniformed officers patrol the campus using marked police cars, bicycles, and foot patrols and are empowered to arrest any offender and bring that person before the local court system for judgment. Likewise, the Office of Student Life is responsible for on-campus disciplinary proceedings. The BGSU Police Department and the Office of Student Life work collaboratively to resolve incidents of student misconduct that involve University policy and procedures.

https://www.bgsu.edu/public-safety/bgsu-police.html

Perhaps not the Memphis campus police if they are not true law enforcement. Perhaps they are nothing but glorified mall security. If the Memphis player has an active warrant for arrest out on her, then ANY law enforcement throughout the country could arrest her and take her in by serving that warrant, for anything such as a typical traffic ticket. Or for anything at all - all they have to do is run her ID through the system, and she's caught - that is, if she doesn't turn herself in and take care of it. Being a "part" of any team has little to do with it now...

tfan

PostPosted: 03/27/23 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
Being a "part" of any team has little to do with it now...

I said 'left with the team" as in she was no longer on the Bowling Green campus, not that being part of a team would help her. (I did see a statement that the campus police could get involved because the punch happened after, not during, the game.I also saw a statement that the BG player hit her head on the press table when she fell back which is probably why she was on the ground for a few minutes, rather than the punch itself.) If these campus "police" departments are considered like a regular police department and connected to the same system then I guess she would need to respond to it.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/27/23 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hidgepork, you need to get yourself back under whatever rock you periodically crawl our from. All you ever do is sling mud.Nobody needs that.

PostPosted: 03/27/23 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lillian Hidgepork wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Lillian Hidgepork wrote:

[citation needed]

I understand if you can't directly spill the tea in order to keep your sources, but can you at least direct us to the tea aisle?

(now with spelling variations)
Lillian Hidgepork

PostPosted: 03/27/23 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am not gonna directly spill it but when players from other teams get approached by text messages from other coaches that would be a NCAA violation. I think everyone here would agree with that statement correct. "Hidgepork" is not your normal poster.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/27/23 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lillian Hidgepork wrote:
"Hidgepork" is not your normal poster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: