RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Las Vegas Aces 2023
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/28/23 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Parker with the Aja works. Heck they may even be better now that Hamby is out and they don’t have to play 4 on 5 with Kia Stokes in the game .

PostPosted: 01/28/23 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/35546744/wnba-free-agent-candace-parker-sign-las-vegas-aces

Quote:
"As I've gone through free agency this time around, of course I'm thinking of where I can compete for my third championship, but the words home and family are what I kept coming back to ... I need to be there for my daughter, for my son, for my wife," Parker posted.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/28/23 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

good thing Parker's probably never getting pregnant again

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 01/28/23 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Perfect for both Candace and the aces… in all respects Cool Aja and CP3 should be a fun pairing to see Cool

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/28/23 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Aces contracts now include housing, premium economy flights, travel and child care stipends, and a complementary IUD

PostPosted: 01/29/23 1:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Aces contracts now include housing, premium economy flights, travel and child care stipends, and a complementary IUD

yet the cost of which is still revealed to have been discreetly taken out of their next scheduled paycheck under some bullshit like a “wage garnishment” 🥴😩😭

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/29/23 1:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so now

Gray/Sheppard
Plum/Williams
Young/Bell
Wilson/Rupert
Parker/Zahui B

and enough for one more vet minimum maybe a little more )depending on Parker's final number)? (Stokes)

and of course after the top 6 you can kind of add and subtract as you like at sinker value

it would be strange but I could even see them cutting Zahui B for someone else. Working in Zahui B's favor (kind of) she can't negotiate with anyone else having suspended contract expired as her status so she has to take what they offer which could be vet minimum.

willtalk

PostPosted: 01/29/23 6:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This might work just as long as Parker does not attempt to play point guard durig games as she did in LA. They need to keep the ball in Grays hands.

PostPosted: 01/29/23 7:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
so now

Gray/Sheppard
Plum/Williams
Young/Bell
Wilson/Rupert
Parker/Zahui B

and enough for one more vet minimum maybe a little more )depending on Parker's final number)? (Stokes)

and of course after the top 6 you can kind of add and subtract as you like at sinker value

it would be strange but I could even see them cutting Zahui B for someone else. Working in Zahui B's favor (kind of) she can't negotiate with anyone else having suspended contract expired as her status so she has to take what they offer which could be vet minimum.

Parker, Stokes, and AZB will have to have vet minimum contracts in order to fit under the salary cap.🤔

PostPosted: 01/29/23 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
so now

Gray/Sheppard
Plum/Williams
Young/Bell
Wilson/Rupert
Parker/Zahui B

Parker, Stokes, and AZB will have to have vet minimum contracts in order to fit under the salary cap.🤔

If I am reading it right they would have to split about 307K which is 100ish k each or two vet minimums of 75k and 157k for one I am pretty sure who would get the 157k. Zahui B doesn't have a lot of room to negotiate, Stokes can go somewhere else for more, Parker can decide how important getting paid is I am sure her TNT/NBA TV money is much more than her WNBA money (In theory you could do something like 75K for AZB, 100K for Stokes, 132k for Parker) .

Shades

PostPosted: 01/29/23 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just because they have negotiating rights to Zahui doesn’t mean she has to take whatever they offer. If they can’t come to an agreement, she can get dealt (revisiting my previous idea).

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/29/23 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Just because they have negotiating rights to Zahui doesn’t mean she has to take whatever they offer. If they can’t come to an agreement, she can get dealt (revisiting my previous idea).

I think Zahui b for 12 is a decent option for both

I am curious what Zahui b and Stokes value is on the open market. If Parker is pulling a Charles she could take 107 k and both Stokes and Zahui B could get 100 k I am not sure if either would be looking at too much more from other teams but you never know

I assume if Vegas is all in on another ship they would value experience over draftees considering they barely played Sheppard or Bell Vegas might also need an additional post if there is any chance Rupert runs into trouble with the prioriitization rule

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 01/29/23 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Last year's glaring abyss was the bench. Time to get rid of Sheppard and Bell and find someone who can play. At least Colson and Plaisance are gone, and the latter was the best of the bunch.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/30/23 3:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Last year's glaring abyss was the bench. Time to get rid of Sheppard and Bell and find someone who can play. At least Colson and Plaisance are gone, and the latter was the best of the bunch.

They got Clark off the bench now

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
basketballologist

PostPosted: 01/31/23 3:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Updated Depth Chart:

1: Chelsea Gray/Aisha Sheppard
2: Kelsey Plum/Riquna Williams
3: Jackie Young/Alysha Clark
4: Candace Parker/Kiersten Bell
5: Aja Wilson/Illana Rupert

tfan

PostPosted: 01/31/23 5:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/35546744/wnba-free-agent-candace-parker-sign-las-vegas-aces

Quote:
"As I've gone through free agency this time around, of course I'm thinking of where I can compete for my third championship, but the words home and family are what I kept coming back to ... I need to be there for my daughter, for my son, for my wife," Parker posted.

Quote:

"I can't be without them for parts of the season when Lailaa is in school and I won't miss her volleyball games or school dances simply because of distance. Lailaa starts high school in August and I need to be there for her, just as she's been there for me.

Why does being in Las Vegas help her see more of her daughter's volleyball games?

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 01/31/23 6:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

"I can't be without them for parts of the season when Lailaa is in school and I won't miss her volleyball games or school dances simply because of distance. Lailaa starts high school in August and I need to be there for her, just as she's been there for me.

Why does being in Las Vegas help her see more of her daughter's volleyball games?

I assume it's because LA is an hour flight from Vegas. However, unless her daughter's school plans on scheduling around the WNBA schedule, I'm not sure how significant that proximity really is. If you have an away game in Connecticut the same night as the volleyball game, does it really matter? Although, the proximity to her LA residence will be helpful ok rest days and breaks in the schedule.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 01/31/23 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
tfan wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

I assume it's because LA is an hour flight from Vegas. However, unless her daughter's school plans on scheduling around the WNBA schedule, I'm not sure how significant that proximity really is. If you have an away game in Connecticut the same night as the volleyball game, does it really matter? Although, the proximity to her LA residence will be helpful ok rest days and breaks in the schedule.

From her verbal response to the question, there were a number of factors for her: https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/1620214799270576128

tfan

PostPosted: 02/01/23 9:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:

So I guess when Parker went to Chicago from LA the daughter remained in school in LA living with the father or wife or some other relative. I think Parker does regular studio work during basketball season for NBA TV or ESPN. But I think their studios are in Atlanta and New York, not LA.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 02/01/23 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hello Clark! Razz

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 02/01/23 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just sharing some of Hamby's comments about Vegas, it seems that they were during her intro presser for LA, I guess:

https://twitter.com/ANYamashita/status/1620879740705075200

Unfortunately the person, didn't make a thread but if you're interested, you can check out posts containing her "full" comments on https://twitter.com/ANYamashita/

Dearica also posted a wink about the free agency special and I'm not sure if she'll be there or....lol!

https://twitter.com/dearicamarie/status/1620814609254060032

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/01/23 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So the league is investigating Las Vegas because of hamby's "Strong Tweets" really ? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 02/01/23 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
So the league is investigating Las Vegas because of hamby's "Strong Tweets" really ? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

She went through the Players Association with her issues which has led to the investigation, the league isn't doing an investigation solely based on her social media post.

GEF34

PostPosted: 02/01/23 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

So I guess when Parker went to Chicago from LA the daughter remained in school in LA living with the father or wife or some other relative. I think Parker does regular studio work during basketball season for NBA TV or ESPN. But I think their studios are in Atlanta and New York, not LA.

From the way her post sounds and if I recall correctly that her family would sometimes post pictures fly to Chicago for games,, I don't think they lived together during the WNBA season, or at least the entire season.

In response to the Message from johnjohnW: being across the country for an away game or road trip is a lot different than being across the country permanently (during the majority of the season).

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/01/23 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the villains

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: