27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Sky
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 11

undersized_post

PostPosted: 09/08/22 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could not be more thrilled about the finals matchup. We are gonna have a first time WNBA champion!

Surprised how many people are whining about the result. (Not Chicago fans obviously -- you have a right to be upset in your team.) Otherwise y'all need to appreciate the beautiful and diverse brands of basketball each of these elite teams brings to the table. Connecticut and Vegas will be an exciting series with a compelling contrast in style and strategy.

Last edited by undersized_post on 09/08/22 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/08/22 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
I guess Connecticutt is saving the Sky from getting drubbed by Vegas in the Finals. Chicago just isn't good enough.

The league has got to be crying about this, Chicago/Vegas would have had star power and a much more visually appealing style.

But yes, As I said last night..both of these teams will get out coached and out clutched by Vegas.

This. The league is def not thrilled.

The only good thing is that the charters to the shitty airport in CT will be worth it now lol

The Jonquel Jones doesn’t have star power agenda continues.

I’d rather watch Bonner do this over ever watching Chicago.

Compared to Parker, Copper (who the league is desperately trying to make into a star) and Sloot..no..CT doesn’t have that.

Trust me, I wanted CT to win the series too, but I also know what the league wanted.

PostPosted: 09/08/22 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
mercfan wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
I guess Connecticutt is saving the Sky from getting drubbed by Vegas in the Finals. Chicago just isn't good enough.

The league has got to be crying about this, Chicago/Vegas would have had star power and a much more visually appealing style.

But yes, As I said last night..both of these teams will get out coached and out clutched by Vegas.

This. The league is def not thrilled.

The only good thing is that the charters to the shitty airport in CT will be worth it now lol

The Jonquel Jones doesn’t have star power agenda continues.

I’d rather watch Bonner do this over ever watching Chicago.

Compared to Parker, Copper (who the league is desperately trying to make into a star) and Sloot..no..CT doesn’t have that.

Trust me, I wanted CT to win the series too, but I also know what the league wanted.

Ok facts. I guess I just think Chicago is so fake superstar it’s unreal.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/08/22 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So instead of a repeat, we have only one player in the finals who was in last year's finals...

PostPosted: 09/08/22 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As a Sky fan I'd rather Chicago got swept by New York than blow a lead like that at the end. Better for them not to have made the playoffs. Chicago scored 5 points in the 4th quarter... That was a bummer. Although the Sun scored 8 points in the 3rd quarter. I think both teams were tired and trying too hard.

Last edited by tfan on 09/08/22 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 09/08/22 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whelp...I'm not sure what on earth Chicago was doing down the stretch. There definitely was a turn after the scuffle...They never quite looked right and just could not score or defend...*sigh*

While, I don't care for Connecticut's physical style of play and don't dislike the team per say .but I'll be rooting for the remaining Sparks expats. Go Vegas!!

Last edited by WfanFrJmp on 09/08/22 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
undersized_post

PostPosted: 09/08/22 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love that the refs were too cowardly to eject Copper from the finals so the Sun did it for them. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 09/08/22 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
So instead of a repeat, we have only one player in the finals who was in last year's finals...

Bria Hartley

PostPosted: 09/08/22 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What do y’all think would have happened if Cheryl Flores had found a backbone and called techs during the exchange of pleasantries that started during the Copper foul on Bonner? (For one thing, how many? Copper and Bonner are a given, but there’s also a case for techs on Wade {for running out onto the floor during the kerfluffle} and Jonquel Jones {for re-fluffing the kerfluffle with Copper after the whistle}.) How do things play out with maybe a little more time for everyone to settle down- but with Chicago losing Copper for the game on the second tech?

PostPosted: 09/08/22 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
What do y’all think would have happened if Cheryl Flores had found a backbone and called techs during the exchange of pleasantries that started during the Copper foul on Bonner? (For one thing, how many? Copper and Bonner are a given, but there’s also a case for techs on Wade {for running out onto the floor during the kerfluffle} and Jonquel Jones {for re-fluffing the kerfluffle with Copper after the whistle}.) How do things play out with maybe a little more time for everyone to settle down- but with Chicago losing Copper for the game on the second tech?

Chicago would have won. Losing Copper would have forced them to take a deep breath, refocus their offense now that they can't play through her, and be more deliberate down the stretch.

Last edited by undersized_post on 09/08/22 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 09/08/22 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:

Indeed. I'll be watching my Vikings beat the Packers this Sunday. Not enough star power for me to miss football. Laughing

PostPosted: 09/08/22 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Candy P with a bad game on short rest? Who'd a thunk it?

PostPosted: 09/08/22 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:

Indeed. I'll be watching my Vikings beat the Packers this Sunday. Not enough star power for me to miss football. Laughing

Yeah, the Vikings are all about star power Laughing

PostPosted: 09/08/22 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just want to say this-

Kahleah Copper is every bit(and then some)what the fans and other players think Sophie Cunningham is on the court, but gets farrrrrrrr less hate for it.

You can take the girl out of Rutgers, but ya can't take the Rutgers outta the girl....

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/08/22 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Just want to say this-

Kahleah Copper is every bit(and then some)what the fans and other players think Sophie Cunningham is on the court, but gets farrrrrrrr less hate for it.

You can take the girl out of Rutgers, but ya can't take the Rutgers outta the girl....

And CP3 stomped off the court before the buzzer sounded, but you know..only Phoenix has overly physical players and poor sports Rolling Eyes Laughing

PostPosted: 09/08/22 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Chicago would have won. Losing Copper would have forced them to take a deep breath, refocus their offense now that they can't play through her, and be more deliberate down the stretch.

I dont think so. They actually did run the offense through her down the stretch. It was ran through Emma. Connecticut played a great defense down the stretch. Chicago had plenty of open looks but couldn't make any shots.

Wade should have probably gone with Stevens to give them more size and athleticism and left Emma on the bench. He decided to stay with Emma as a scoring option on the floor.
Chicago just could not score down the stretch. With Copper out, It wouldnt have been any better.

I think letting those skirmsh go was a good idea. It put the game in the hands of the players where it should have been.

ucbart

PostPosted: 09/08/22 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
Just want to say this-

And CP3 stomped off the court before the buzzer sounded, but you know..only Phoenix has overly physical players and poor sports Rolling Eyes Laughing

But of course! Wait, Parker did that? Yikes. That's not great, but I sort of get it. Emotions are so high and if she's retiring at the end of the season, that's not the way she'd want to lose her last game. Do we think she retires?

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/08/22 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
Just want to say this-

But of course! Wait, Parker did that? Yikes. That's not great, but I sort of get it. Emotions are so high and if she's retiring at the end of the season, that's not the way she'd want to lose her last game. Do we think she retires?

I don’t blame any of them for it - I think it makes it fun, and these women have dedicated their whole lives to basketball. Of course she’s pissed.

What I do have a problem with, is the different standards for genders and different standards for players.

PostPosted: 09/08/22 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:

I think letting those skirmsh go was a good idea. It put the game in the hands of the players where it should have been.

This sort of thinking makes no sense to me. The game was in the players' hands. Calling the fouls and technicals that the players commit is putting it in their hands.

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 09/08/22 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
Just want to say this-

I know you have a disdain for Parker, so I cannot tell if your question is sincere or not? Laughing But, I think she should hang it up. There's really nothing left to prove. Also, with an expanded season in 2023, her legs will run out of gas again. I can't see her just hanging on load managing all season, or something like that. She's made millions off the court. She can step away, and be satisfied with her career.

About the walk off. She walked off in LA too after a zero point performance, even though the team won. I didn't like it then, and I didn't like it tonight. The team had a solid season, and came up short of their ultimate goal. I know emotions were running high, especially if this was her last time in uniform, but still, huddle up with the squad for the last time.

PostPosted: 09/08/22 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:

I hear ya. This makes me think of the 'w' haters, who can now validly point out, "Look, a defending Champion team can't score more than 5 pts in a 4th quarter for a game five? What's to watch here?"

Obviously, CT played through the underdog role, and deserves the Final Berth. I hope it's a fairly interesting series, but I gotta root for LV now.

Last edited by Howee on 09/09/22 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Davis4632

PostPosted: 09/09/22 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Just want to say this-

What you really mean is that they are one and the same and there's a narrative against one but not the other.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/09/22 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Just want to say this-

I have to say I've really admired her game for a long time, but I've come to really dislike the attitude. But Bonner also has quite the attitude so seeing them go at it is a bit hilarious.

tfan

PostPosted: 09/09/22 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They don't do the hand touch line anymore (although the coaches do??) so I don't see there being "bad sportsmanship" from "stomping" off the court. Parker seems to take as much grief on this forum as any of the more rugged fan favorites, and I think actually gets more. I don't see a double standard that involves Parker.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/09/22 1:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
They don't do the hand touch line anymore (although the coaches do??) so I don't see there being "bad sportsmanship" from "stomping" off the court. Parker seems to take as much grief on this forum as any of the more rugged fan favorites, and I think actually gets more. I don't see a double standard that involves Parker.

I see a triple-double standard that involves Parker.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: