40%
 40%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 20

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/07/22 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:

Also, disagreement =\= bullying.

Don't tell WNBA 09 that.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 09/07/22 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
readyAIMfire53's anti Tina Charles agenda šŸ¤ Silky Johnson's anti Sue Bird agenda

= The perfect example of why this board needs a block feature. Trash ass posts.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/07/22 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

Don't tell WNBA 09 that.

You just really want to be starting something huh MJ ? Arrow Arrow Arrow I wish the Mods did something about things like this as they did back in the day. Rebkell definitely needs a "block" button if not.

PostPosted: 09/07/22 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
readyAIMfire53's anti Tina Charles agenda šŸ¤ Silky Johnson's anti Sue Bird agenda

= The perfect example of why this board needs a block feature. Trash ass posts.

At this point i believe that's the only reason those certain types of individuals come to this board . To post trashy comments about players and other posters.

PostPosted: 09/07/22 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
At this point i believe that's the only reason those certain types of individuals come to this board . To post trashy comments about players and other posters.

You have a super-broad working definition of "trashing" other posters.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/07/22 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

You have a super-broad working definition of "trashing" other posters.

Haters gonna Hate...thanks for keeping me relevant on a board I rarely ever post on anymore, as you continue to mention me in random threads . Either way carry on please ......... Arrow Arrow Arrow Laughing

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 09/07/22 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/07/22 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

Don't tell WNBA 09 that.

^^^^^^^^^^ _______ X Why even mention me ? Do I bother you that much Silky ? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 09/07/22 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

Don't tell WNBA 09 that.

^^^^^^^^^^ _______ X Why even mention me ? Do I bother you that much Silky ? :roll:

That qualifies as "trashing" to you? You directly accused me of "bullying," and I don't believe I've done any such thing. The post seemed relevant.

I'm not even going to dignify your accusation of "trashing" players, unless you'd like to cop to your own hypocrisy: "Preggo my Ego" ringing any bells?

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 09/07/22 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
wnbafan wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Somehow I don't think Quinn will get much criticism for keeping Charles on the bench for most of crunch time

Her 2 pts on 1-7 shooting. No finals for TC. No ring. Too bad - so sad.

From the Mystics fan site:

Tina Charles
"The Ring Chaser"!...
Not Tonight; Not This Time!
K-A-R-M-A!!!

šŸ˜‰šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I can't find this Mystics can site. Can you provide a link?

It's on Facebook. Anyone can find it like I did. For Mystics fans only! It's quite real and the sentiments I copied here are WIDELY held by Mystics fans. I am just a representative here for the feelings of one team's fanbase, who do not choose to brave the bullying of this site. Here, I can be singled out and targeted. On that site, I am one of the majority that hold similar views. Trust me, TC's flameout in the playoffs is being celebrated. Trashing a team on your way out does not win you any friends - especially when you outright refused to do the one thing the team needed the most.

Sorry, rAf, but you painted the target on yourself with your aggressive posting style. You really can't claim that posters are bullying you when you post such incendiary statements. As far as I know, you're the only poster that advocated injuring players you didn't like.

Excuse me on this one. Advocating injuring another player is not my style. Objecting to player purposely kicking another player in their midsection is what I do - and for that I've been raked over the mud.

~rAf
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/07/22 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

Don't tell WNBA 09 that.

^^^^^^^^^^ _______ X Why even mention me ? Do I bother you that much Silky ? Rolling Eyes

That qualifies as "trashing" to you? You directly accused me of "bullying," and I don't believe I've done any such thing. The post seemed relevant.

I'm not even going to dignify your accusation of "trashing" players, unless you'd like to cop to your own hypocrisy: "Preggo my Ego" ringing any bells?

I honestly do not care or think about you Silky ...this is a thread about the LV-Seattle game and here you go bringing personal issues as usual. Seriously find something else to do . Lets get back to basketball .

PostPosted: 09/07/22 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
scullyfu wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

The two names will forever be linked in perpetuity.

In fairness, this was an alliance of convenience, that will probably only last for as long as Charles remains in Seattle.

I had no particular feelings about Tina Charles until her short stint with the Mystics. Having the gall to not do what the coach asks you to do and then trashing that coach and teammates on your way out the door is just low class. Then leaving yet another team mid-season is just not right.

So, yeah, most Mystics fans are pleased that karma kicked her butt. I just happen to be the only one posting on here.

~rAf
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 09/07/22 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
It's a great time to be a Chelsea Gray fan! She was the only reason I kept attending games at Duke during the JPM era. Once Chelsea was out, so was I. It was abundantly clear to us just how good she was and now is. I remember the "talk" in college was who was better (& would be a better pro) between SkyDigg and Odyssey. I think we have our answer - it was always Chelsea.

I'm thinking Chicago will win and we'll get to see the two best PG's in the game face up: Chelsea and Slooty. Very, very different players but each has different qualities that makes them at the top of the heap. Chelsea is STRONG and loves the spotlight, shining brightest with the game on the line. Slooty is pure and steady magic on the floor. Both put in work on their shots to benefit their team and it shows. Slooty could have kept up with 10 assists/game but chose to up herself as a scoring threat to open up the lane. And her team is better for it.

Of course, especially after tonight's game, that the Sun take game 5. In which case, Chelsea will eat the Sun for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Chelsea and Alyssa Thomas were Co ACC POY. Both are fully capable of taking over games and bullying their way to the hoop. Both are capable of making key defensive plays with the game on the line. I sat next to Mr. Brenda (Mark Thomas) at the ACC tourney that year and we each gushed over the other's player. We both agreed that they had to be named Co ACC POY.

So, Chelsea and the Aces will be ready for whichever team they face. They'll be well rested, which I'm sure A'ja (40+ minutes per game) appreciates. She'll likely give herself a brutal workout before watching the Sky/Sun game, just to stay in IronWoman form for the Finals.

Hey, would anyone respond to this highly positive post? Or you can keep posting over and over and over about the negative one. Yeah, I have opinions, some positive, some negative but people here love to make hay with the negative.

Let's get back on track. Chelsea Gray has had a post season for the ages. I think she needs a more ferocious nickname. "The Closer" has been accurate, but she's moved beyond that to outright domination.

Sue Bird is one of a kind. I doubt we'll see another as good as she is staying with the same team for as long as she has. Bye Birdie - you've had a good run!

~rAf
adamj95

PostPosted: 09/07/22 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I prefer Killer for Gray. First she was a Lynx killer. Now a Storm killer.

PostPosted: 09/07/22 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I honestly do not care or think about you Silky ...this is a thread about the LV-Seattle game and here you go bringing personal issues as usual. Seriously find something else to do . Lets get back to basketball .

I think it's weird how you always want to "get back to basketball" whenever you can't refute my response but, I agree, let's get back to basketball:

Boy, it sure was funny how the last play of Sue Bird's career ended in a turnover, wasn't it?

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 09/07/22 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Birdy i am going to miss seeing you on the court. Hopefully you are going to change your mind and go into coaching because you will be fantastic at it and every team would be lucky to have you!

Has Bird said what her plans are? She'd be an excellent coach, but I think she'd be an even better broadcaster...she's both analytical and very well-spoken.

ChiSky54 wrote:
Right now, I don't know if either the Sky or the Sun can take out the Aces - Vegas is peaking while inconsistency abounds up in the air.

So long, Sue - it's been real! Glad you were home for your final ride. Hope you get your sick crossover now that Candace can no longer say your game is weak! (IYKYK) Laughing Get that bag!

Vegas had a lot of problems with the Sun's physical play this year. The Aces have some strong players but they're not as physical as JJ and AT, and it's going to be even tougher for them with Hamby at less than full strength.

That CarMax commercial is too funny.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 09/07/22 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
scullyfu wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

In fairness, this was an alliance of convenience, that will probably only last for as long as Charles remains in Seattle.

I had no particular feelings about Tina Charles until her short stint with the Mystics. Having the gall to not do what the coach asks you to do and then trashing that coach and teammates on your way out the door is just low class. Then leaving yet another team mid-season is just not right.

So, yeah, most Mystics fans are pleased that karma kicked her butt. I just happen to be the only one posting on here.

what happened with tina and thibault?

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/07/22 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
It's a great time to be a Chelsea Gray fan! She was the only reason I kept attending games at Duke during the JPM era. Once Chelsea was out, so was I. It was abundantly clear to us just how good she was and now is. I remember the "talk" in college was who was better (& would be a better pro) between SkyDigg and Odyssey. I think we have our answer - it was always Chelsea.

I'm thinking Chicago will win and we'll get to see the two best PG's in the game face up: Chelsea and Slooty. Very, very different players but each has different qualities that makes them at the top of the heap. Chelsea is STRONG and loves the spotlight, shining brightest with the game on the line. Slooty is pure and steady magic on the floor. Both put in work on their shots to benefit their team and it shows. Slooty could have kept up with 10 assists/game but chose to up herself as a scoring threat to open up the lane. And her team is better for it.

Of course, especially after tonight's game, that the Sun take game 5. In which case, Chelsea will eat the Sun for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Chelsea and Alyssa Thomas were Co ACC POY. Both are fully capable of taking over games and bullying their way to the hoop. Both are capable of making key defensive plays with the game on the line. I sat next to Mr. Brenda (Mark Thomas) at the ACC tourney that year and we each gushed over the other's player. We both agreed that they had to be named Co ACC POY.

So, Chelsea and the Aces will be ready for whichever team they face. They'll be well rested, which I'm sure A'ja (40+ minutes per game) appreciates. She'll likely give herself a brutal workout before watching the Sky/Sun game, just to stay in IronWoman form for the Finals.

Hey, would anyone respond to this highly positive post? Or you can keep posting over and over and over about the negative one. Yeah, I have opinions, some positive, some negative but people here love to make hay with the negative.

Let's get back on track. Chelsea Gray has had a post season for the ages. I think she needs a more ferocious nickname. "The Closer" has been accurate, but she's moved beyond that to outright domination.

Sue Bird is one of a kind. I doubt we'll see another as good as she is staying with the same team for as long as she has. Bye Birdie - you've had a good run!

When Chelsea Went to LA, I knew Parker was going to win a Campionship. I think sheā€™s going to get Aā€™ja her first too.

At her best, sheā€™s the second best true point guard Iā€™ve seen come through this league, after Sue. (Even though DT and Becky played point, to me they didnā€™t run the offense, they were the offense) Iā€™ve felt that way about her for a while, yes..Sloot and Skylar are good players, yes Ticha was an extraordinary passer, yes Sabrina is talented and may be there some day. But they donā€™t have the fluid ability and control of the game that Chelsea has.

I think sheā€™s gone unrecognized some because of some of her situations and because the WNBA is highly post biased. Sheā€™s gonna get it this year.

A few things about Sue too..first, I canā€™t help but remember how excited the WNBA was about Bird. How there was a lot of hope that she would bring the WNBA to the next level. A lot of that hope lied in the fact that she was a girl next door/feminine looking person.

So Sue having this goodby tour..where significantly more tickets were sold when she came to town, where viewership was up (Iā€™m pretty sure half the state of Connecticut showed up to say goodbye)..and she has grown into a social justice advocate, with her and her fiancĆ© being an out power couple. She did what the WNBA wanted, as herself.

Lately basketball has been very stat centered. In the beginning of Sueā€™s career l, it was always about winning. It was the Steve Nash era of basketball - where stats didnā€™t mean nearly as much as helping your teams get wins and making your teammates better. Sue never cared about anything but winning. And she retires winning the second most total championships ever (college, wnba, international), behind only her bff. Truly one of a kind.

Edit: and I agree completely about Chelseaā€™s nickname. Unless CP3 gave her that nickname (like Kobe did with DT, Jewel, and Sabrina - although Sabrina got a unique one), Chelsea deserves her own brand as her own great player. Although I can see similarities between her and CP3, she should get her own.

Last edited by mercfan3 on 09/07/22 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 09/07/22 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
scullyfu wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

Tina just flat out refused to do what Thibault needed her to do for the Mystics. Due to massive injuries to post players, he primarily needed her to play post defense and rebound. Instead she just jacked up shot after shot after shot. No defense. No rebounding. Yes, a lot of shots went in (she was scoring champ - woot) but the team stunk and missed the playoffs (due to all the injuries). Thibault told Tina she was no longer welcome on the team and she blasted him and all the Mystics players on the way out.

The Mystics were WAY better this season without TC on the floor. And it's a bit of a wash as far as her impact on the Storm. She played more defense for them and certainly rebounded more. She had plenty of solid scoring games, but the flip side is Ezi's development seemed to plateau and she'd been steadily getting better and better. She's already a WAY better post defender than TC will ever be because she understands her primary role is to protect the paint and embraces that role. Note TC was not on the floor at crunch time, in part due to her missed free throws but also because the Storm needed strong defense. Unfortunately for the Storm, Ezi wasn't where she needed to be on those crucial plays in game 3 and I believe it's because she didn't get enough time on the floor after TC joined the team.

~rAf
GEF34

PostPosted: 09/07/22 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
scullyfu wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

Tina just flat out refused to do what Thibault needed her to do for the Mystics. Due to massive injuries to post players, he primarily needed her to play post defense and rebound. Instead she just jacked up shot after shot after shot. No defense. No rebounding. Yes, a lot of shots went in (she was scoring champ - woot) but the team stunk and missed the playoffs (due to all the injuries). Thibault told Tina she was no longer welcome on the team and she blasted him and all the Mystics players on the way out.

The Mystics were WAY better this season without TC on the floor. And it's a bit of a wash as far as her impact on the Storm. She played more defense for them and certainly rebounded more. She had plenty of solid scoring games, but the flip side is Ezi's development seemed to plateau and she'd been steadily getting better and better. She's already a WAY better post defender than TC will ever be because she understands her primary role is to protect the paint and embraces that role. Note TC was not on the floor at crunch time, in part due to her missed free throws but also because the Storm needed strong defense. Unfortunately for the Storm, Ezi wasn't where she needed to be on those crucial plays in game 3 and I believe it's because she didn't get enough time on the floor after TC joined the team.

No hate, I'm just genuinely curious, you mention she has said things about the Mystics coaches and players multiple times, is this something that is just known among Mystics fans or something that has been said public, like in an article or interview?

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 09/07/22 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As far as people sleeping on her in college, Iā€™m extending some grace, Chelsea suffered two major injuries in college including one that derailed her senior year, not to mention Baylor and ND were much better programs than Duke. Skylar has been very good in the pros, but Iā€™m very surprised Odyssey has not been as successful in the league. In college she was a terror on both ends of the court.

What Gray has done in he playoffs is incredible. I just hope she has something left in the tank for Team USA next month.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 09/07/22 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

When Chelsea Went to LA, I knew Parker was going to win a Campionship. I think sheā€™s going to get Aā€™ja her first too.

At her best, sheā€™s the second best true point guard Iā€™ve seen come through this league, after Sue. (Even though DT and Becky played point, to me they didnā€™t run the offense, they were the offense) Iā€™ve felt that way about her for a while, yes..Sloot and Skylar are good players, yes Ticha was an extraordinary passer, yes Sabrina is talented and may be there some day. But they donā€™t have the fluid ability and control of the game that Chelsea has.

I think sheā€™s gone unrecognized some because of some of her situations and because the WNBA is highly post biased. Sheā€™s gonna get it this year.

A few things about Sue too..first, I canā€™t help but remember how excited the WNBA was about Bird. How there was a lot of hope that she would bring the WNBA to the next level. A lot of that hope lied in the fact that she was a girl next door/feminine looking person.

So Sue having this goodby tour..where significantly more tickets were sold when she came to town, where viewership was up (Iā€™m pretty sure half the state of Connecticut showed up to say goodbye)..and she has grown into a social justice advocate, with her and her fiancĆ© being an out power couple. She did what the WNBA wanted, as herself.

Lately basketball has been very stat centered. In the beginning of Sueā€™s career l, it was always about winning. It was the Steve Nash era of basketball - where stats didnā€™t mean nearly as much as helping your teams get wins and making your teammates better. Sue never cared about anything but winning. And she retires winning the second most total championships ever (college, wnba, international), behind only her bff. Truly one of a kind.

Edit: and I agree completely about Chelseaā€™s nickname. Unless CP3 gave her that nickname (like Kobe did with DT, Jewel, and Sabrina - although Sabrina got a unique one), Chelsea deserves her own brand as her own great player. Although I can see similarities between her and CP3, she should get her own.

I was actually the first one to give her the nickname "the Closer" on the Duke boards - I believe it was in her second year, after Jasmine Thomas graduated and the team became hers. Then after her performance for LA, she earned that nickname in the pro game also. She simply makes the needed play to close out games, whether it's a deflection or rebound, block, pass or impossible shot. She just does it.

I kind of like Dagger myself, which seemed right when she shot that dagger last night.

~rAf
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 09/07/22 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tina Charles "exit interview" was posted here. I believe it was in the Post, but I could be wrong about that. I imagine plenty of non Mystics fans kind of blew right by it, but Mystics fans were pretty angry. On the Mystics fan board right now "karma for TC" is trending high, with every post getting lots of response.

We Mystics fans have been through a lot. Of course everyone remembers how many years they were referred to as the "Mystakes." So now that they finally have a ring, a good Coach & GM, we don't take kindly to getting trashed like that.

~rAf
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/07/22 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:

Tina just flat out refused to do what Thibault needed her to do for the Mystics. Due to massive injuries to post players, he primarily needed her to play post defense and rebound. Instead she just jacked up shot after shot after shot. No defense. No rebounding.

So frustrating when you need boards from your post player and they finish the season only 4th in the league in rpg

PostPosted: 09/08/22 6:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With EDD and Clark out injured they needed her to score. That is certainly what she did.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clichļæ½s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." ļæ½Karen Bryant
undersized_post

PostPosted: 09/08/22 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

So frustrating when you need boards from your post player and they finish the season only 4th in the league in rpg

Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: